DODGE RAM FORUM banner

How can I tell if I have all teh parts for Sirius radio?

895 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  erm 
#1 · (Edited)
How can I tell if I have all the parts for Sirius radio?

Hi all, I hope I'm posting this in the correct area. I'm new, this is my 2nd Dodge...I just couldn't stay away! I picked up a really clean 2007 Ram 1500 Sport, and I can't fully tell if it's setup for Sirius. The radio is the REF model, and I was able to pull the ESN/SID code, and it has the antenna on the rear roof. How can I find where the Sirius module is located. I assume if that there, I'm in business.

Thanks for your help, I'm looking forward to reading a lot of posts here over the long weekend. Thanks in advance.

Hermosa

#2 ·
Sounds like your good to go ...i dont think the 2007 came sirius ready. It needed to be installed by the user. I have the starmate which came with the radio itself mounting dock and antenna and power cable. If the previous owner had used an aftermarket deck or even the stock deck you would need something like this

http://shop.sirius.ca/edealinv/serv...atParentID=20532&scId=20532&userLangISO=en_US

I would first trace the antenna wire and see where it goes you may find exactly that and if you have the SID# you should be golden. If not that kit is cheap and the sportster kit you can find for under 90$ its the best investement ive made for my truck so for i would say.
Hope this helps if not theres plenty of experts on the Z

#3 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for all the help, I think I have a few things to look for tonight. I did a search on the site last night, and was surprised there was so many threads about Sirius radio... so sorry for starting a new thread. From what I have read, I need to check a few things, and I'll keep you posted to what I find.

thank you!
Hermosa

#6 ·
Just a quick update. I was able to get the Sirius activated, I had the Sirius module installed under the dash (located above the glove compartment).

I was able to find the info I needed from searching in this site, lots of great info here. thanks again.

Hermosa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.