DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Warlock III by Warlock III

12K views 103 replies 23 participants last post by  Warlock III 
#1 · (Edited)
Lookin' at Octavio's blacked out 1500 Prompted me to show what I've done to my '95.

Look at my Mod's list for a quickie.

I've posted some comment's here and there about what I've done and now maybe my screen name makes sense. I'm not done yet and really want to add a roll bar wit a center mounted spare...any thoughts?

Click on the photo to expand.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

'00 front bumper, grill, and an '04 Thunderbolt scoop.

Tire Alloy wheel Wheel Automotive tire Rim

Bronco wheels, Astro Van lug nuts, Dodge center drilled to accept the lug covers. 33/12.50/15 Tires and wheels.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Pickup truck

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Couple more, any questions or input on the roll bar would be appreciated.

I couldn't get the photos any larger but if you click on the image it'll expand

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

I'm fabricating a tube bumper that'll slide into the hitch receiver (double) and I think a full bed (angled from front to back) roll bar would help tie it into the truck instead of being the only tube aspect of the truck.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Somewhere near the beginning. After I changed the rear half of the frame from the factory seam back (behind the front spring mounts). '97 Sport grill had to come off and added the '00 to close the gap in the bottom.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Vehicle door

Dakota Sport/Durango mirrors.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck

What it looked like when I slid it off the flat-bed delivered from the junk yard.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck

#5 ·
I was wondering about the step side myself but definitely a cool custom truck you're working on there. Not sure about the roll bar but I'm leaning towards a no but it's your truck. What's next on the project list?

- Cajun

#6 · (Edited)
I'm really leaning towards paint. I want to go with the Chrysler factory PCJ blue/purple. It really only looks purple under the direct sunlight. My daughter said "Purple" and it's the best compromise I can come up with. I've tried to rationalize with a 4yo. She already says it's her truck. I already had the 10" stripes, door and bed decals custom made. They're like a lavender color. And since I basically built the truck from the ground up...I added the R/T on the door...Recycled Truck. :LOL:

Text Font

Click image to enlarge.

Since they didn't make a step side I decided to have a little fun with it.

#7 · (Edited)
I think if you were making a "warlock" you'd want to paint it black and leave off the rollbar and attach the rear bumper to the frame, not the trailer hitch. BTW...all factory roll bars were black.
My opinion is based on nostolgia...so I may not be the best person to talk to.
It is, as my pappy used to say, a real good start. All the basic components are in place. Why not paint it and see why it feels like from there?
The factory hub covers on the Bronco rims are a nice touch.

#8 ·
I really like where this heading, but also agree that the roll bar should be left off. Because of the theme and colors, I think the roll bar will take away from the look. After you get it painted (good choice on color BTW), I think you will be less inclined toward it.
I also agree the rear bumper should be attached to the frame.

All in all, I have subscribed to this thread. :smileup:

#9 · (Edited)
That was the first thought. Nostalgia...I even started fabricating the wooden bed rails and was going to move the fuel tank inlet, for the side stacks.

Rear bumper. That's another issue with the bed width meeting up with the frame all together. Roll pan was the second choice...

I just figured I could fake a bumper to protect it just a little bit and really don't want to remove the roll pan.

After my daughter stood there with her arms crossed and insisted that it was her truck, naturally the theme changed. But the name didn't.

The concept morphed into a '95 factory concept without their financial backing. I'm trying to make it look as factory as possible and once painted it may be a little easier to pull it off.

It's turned into a Bigfoot myth around here because people will tell me that someone or other mentioned that they saw a Dodge step-side but couldn't catch it, and then we laugh about it.

I think all the work getting the Dakota/Durango mirrors on it paid off and gave it a sportier look.

#10 ·
You could extend the bumper mounts through the roll pan. If they were make of the same round pipe as the bumper, the holes in the roll pan would become almost invisible, as it would only be 2 round holes about 2-1/2 - 3" in diameter. :)

#14 · (Edited)
It started out on a '95 Chevy. I cut the 1/4's off my Dodge bed up to the beginning of the flare above the rear wheels. Trimmed 'em to fit how I wanted 'em to.

Drilled holes in them around the edges every 3 inches (5/16). Put them on the bed and marked out the holes and drilled 'em. Then on the inside of the Dodge 1/4's I migged 3/8 studs over the holes and filled the outer divot and ground it down flush.. Put body sealer (Seam Cement) on the backs and inserted them through the pilot holes I had drilled. Ran the 3/8 nuts and washers down tight reaching through the tail light hole. Fiberized filler and also prepped and filled in the seam that runs from the back of the bed to the front.

Now I gotta kill ya.

Mounting it was a different story.

#17 ·
#18 ·
Warlock thought for ya stacks more of a dark red wood in bed floor. See what im heading for? Little red express look? The coolest step side dodge came out with!

#19 · (Edited)
Well...The 'Lil Red express, the Midnight Express, Warlock, and Warlock II were pretty much the same characteristically in that respect, so that was the original intent. But like I said...budging my daughter is impossible believe me I've tried.

At this point I'm trying my best to compromise because instead of buying shin guards I'd rather do what I can to make us both happy.

There's a lot to be said for a little girl that makes a rrrrrrrrrrruhm sound with the truck and skips a beat when I shift. LoL.

#20 ·
Got that. There's more then one reason im (ramfam) not only is mine the 4 th ram but I have 2 boys to deal with.

#22 · (Edited)
Thanks DoubleO I appreciate that. It's been a lot of late nights. If you look at my Mods I even included "knuckle skin". I saw Octavio's recent post, replied on a post about the newer bumper swap, and even one of your comments about 15" wheels. I was like, yep, been there, yep, yep.

Started to figure seeing is believing. It followed me on a trailer more than I drove it the first year. Now I do take some pride in watching someone try to chase me down to see it or get up next to me at a light to ask me about it or get a better look.

I'm startin' to worry about getting it painted before it snows...but there's always spring. :Racing:

I especially like when I catch someone in the parking lot taking pictures of it and trying to figure out why it looks different, but can't put it together.

I'm really trying to modify it and make it look at the same time like something that could have rolled off the production line.

#25 · (Edited)
I located it used from a yard that I used to work at. Check out Car-Part.com and you should be able to locate one near you.

But Like I said...to close the gap between the grille and bumper you'll have to replace the grille and grille frame. You can get just the grille and modify the frame like I did it only took a few minutes.

I just did a search for 77036 and there seem to be a couple near Houston but I don't know the area so I really don't know what "near" is. I'm told that a mile in Texas is 5 miles everywhere else. I guess everything is bigger in Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.