DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LIFTING - Dodge Ram 4x4, 2x4 Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, 4x4, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lifting Springs, Body Lifts, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Screw
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blk
Rep:95
Casualdreamer will become famous soon enough
Default Zone 6" Lift, 37X12.5 Nitto Dunes: Alignment..

Hope every ones holidays have been good. I have been running into an issue with this Zone Lift (Sister Company of BDS Lifts) When I got the truck back the alignment was good and straight. Then all of a sudden its pulling right. Steering wheel is in between 11 and 12 o'clock. Its enought to bother me... I took it in to the local alignment shop and blam!! perfect. A month later pulls again. I take it back to them and ask hey is there something I need to get to fix this repeatedly alignment issue especially when I am not offroading or anything that may knock it out of alignment. If took it back into the shop hooked it up, test drove it and returned. He told me "honestly man, I have put you back to Spec as I can, rotated the tires from one side to the other. I don't what to keep taking your money to align something that I can't get all the way, he said it was the crown on the road that is knocking it out, when I drive down center of the road it does level back to normal some but I can't drive down the center of the road.

I knew these wide tires would bring some challenges but I have friends with same lift they are not having this issue. Is there something I can get done that will remedy this? Its enough to throw me off sometime when I drive down the road sometimes. It even happens of new black paved roads, so I am still leaning to the alignment is off. I am stumped any help would be gratefully thanked..

I have read other topics stating camber or caster adjustment with spec but I don't know to much about that...

Mods: GoRecon Projector Headlights BLK,GoRecon Tail Gate Lightbar, GoRecon LED Tail Light BLK, GoRecon 3rd Brake Light, GoRecon Big Rig Kit, 8K H.I.D Kit, L.E.D Light Bulb Swap Throughout, 6" BDS Lift, 37X12.5X18, Fuel Gauge Rim, Westin Bull Bar
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2012, 01:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 dodge ram 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:19
MxWood605 is on a distinguished road

all i can think of is worn out front end parts. check ball joints track bar that is if its a 2500 it could be a lot of things if its a 2500
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

Thats the only lift I hear complaining about for the 4th gen. Like Mx said, check the front end for worn out parts. I had mine aligned when it was lifted and just did it again before I made a 6k cross country trip a few weeks ago! Only did it because I put 12k on the original alignment and have been hunting every weekend and beating it camping and playing in it since spring

I know thats not much help, but I havent had any alignment issues. Nor have my buddies with lifts. Some have bigger and wider tires than both me and you and have NO issues. Honestly those dune Grapplers are hardly ATs and in that size with that tread depth, you should be far far away from issues. Check that front end and/or contact Zone.

Last edited by candy08; 01-02-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:42 PM

I have buddies with this same lift and they don't have a problem either. I just emailed Zone lets see what they say. I have only had the kit for a few hundred miles now.. Here are some pics to see where my steering wheels sits to go straight...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steering 1.jpg (121.9 KB, 21 views)

Mods: GoRecon Projector Headlights BLK,GoRecon Tail Gate Lightbar, GoRecon LED Tail Light BLK, GoRecon 3rd Brake Light, GoRecon Big Rig Kit, 8K H.I.D Kit, L.E.D Light Bulb Swap Throughout, 6" BDS Lift, 37X12.5X18, Fuel Gauge Rim, Westin Bull Bar
Old 01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport 4x4
Color: White
Rep:213
candy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura aboutcandy08 has a spectacular aura about

Ohhh man!!! That does look familiar, but mine was to the right. That little slack drove me nuts!! Are they aligning your truck to stock specs?

Let us know what Zone says. Btw i wasnt bad mouthing the lift or company. Ive just heard a few diff complaints about this specific lift. Well to think about it I bitched about mine, anyway...movin on!
Old 01-02-2012, 03:53 PM

As close as they can get me... This last time they didn't charge me because of the Mechanic flat out told me that he didn't know what was going on. He said he got me as close as he could get me to Stock as possible. I kept forgetting to ask for a print out but the fact that he came out and told me instead of taking my money, I respected him more than anything and believed his word. We will see. I hate to do it but going to the dealership this week to see what they can say if I don't hear from Zone...