DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 2ND Generation Dodge Ram 1994 to 2001 Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 2nd Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Green / Black
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:26
jssmith76 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jssmith76 Send a message via Yahoo to jssmith76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock III View Post
You can pick up the window urethane from just about any body shop supply store. It'll come in a tube that'll fit in a caulking gun.

One other thing...don't let the junk yard tell you this one or that won't work. They are interchangeable as a unit from 94-01. The difference being 94 to 96 has two sliders that meet in the middle. 96-01 has a single slider.

I might be a little off on the year, but the footprint is the same if you pull the whole thing and aren't looking to just replace one pane.
My '97 has dual sliders. I had thought that the dual slider switched to the single slider in '98 when they redesigned the interior?

33" Goodyear Wrangler's on 16x8 ProComp Xtreme Alloy 1869's; Spectre CAI, Flowmaster Super 40 Cat-Back Dual Exhaust, Firestone RideRite Air Bags, Grille Guard, Step Bars
Sponsored links
Old 01-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Former Senior Member

Vehicle: 95
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1776
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

That's why I said I might be a year (or so) off. I've probably pulled 75-100 out and interchanged them for customers.

But as I said, I know the footprint is the same and it's just a style difference between the single and the dual slider.

I didn't chime in sooner on the issue on how to remove it because my method wouldn't be of any use to someone replacing one. I use an oxy-propane torch to heat the inside of the cab. Takes the window out in 5 minutes and does a number on the paint around the window, but it comes out perfect.

That's what happens when you work in scrap yards for over 20 years. That's how I know what they're going to say about the interchange.

Then again not all Gen 2 parts are interchangeable. Take something as generic as a headliner. I tried a '97 in my '95 and it was 4 inches too narrow. I still haven't figured that out.

Last edited by Warlock III; 01-15-2012 at 05:41 PM.