DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 08-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express RC
Color: Black Express Package
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:62
RyanJM will become famous soon enough

I bought my 09 used and it fell off, luckily I am good friends with the managers at the ford dealer and the service guys. They sent it over to their dodge dealer and pulled a 08 f150 lariat with 35k off the lot and tossed a dealer tag on and said keep it till we get it fixed. Was a month of fighting over who was paying and getting a new driveshaft since mine got lost in tow. Least I got a loaner truck for compensation with a full tank and if was stickered $13k more than I paid for my 09 Ram. It does have 100k but other the shaft it was a super clean one owner. Now I am getting a leak so i am tossing my 3.21 for 3.92's and paying a local offroad shop that did my friends H2 lift, tires, and gears and he does custom paint on all their trucks, one being a Ram 1500 modded out so I figure they know Rams and probably take pride in their work since I have heard good things. Hell with going back to the stealership for halfass work that will just go bad again, I rather pay myself and have it done by pro's

2014 Black Express, 4.5" Maxtrac lift, Ballistic Razorback's 20x9, 35x12.5 Federal Cougaria MT's, DeeZee tailgate assist, K&N drop in filter, magnaflow 16" welded in, Diablo Trinity, 20% tint on the front and 5% on the rear glass, AVS Smoked Aeroskin, HID 3000k fogs, 6000k HID's in the projectors.
Sponsored links
Old 08-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4WD Larami
Color: Tan
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
radarjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridiben View Post
Im in Mass... 2010 Ram with 35K+...

On 07/19/2010 I was on interstate going 80 MPH, in less than 10 miles I heard the winning noise when I let off the gas get louder and louder, then BAM see ya drive shaft. Lucky for me I was just about to get off the ramp and was slowed to 40 MPH. I pulled the D/S and tried to drive out in 4 wheel, but the R/D was locked up. I let it roll back 40 ft to get in a safer position on highway. Didnt bother with roadside assist, new I'd be waiting with a buch of m*******s wizzing by me, no thanks got my own tow and got the F out of there. It could have been worse, so I guess I'm lucky!?

Been at the dealer since, they tell me 7 days, but after reading about the back order, I should expect the worst. I need this truck to make a living and I was happy with the truck till now! The dealership claims this is the first they seen of this, I think their lying and I intend to find out. If so, I feel someone is playing with our lives!!! PASS THE WORD people need to know. Thanks everyone fore the info!

The NHTSA opened the investigation of these Dodge Ram 1500 models

http://www.torquenews.com/106/dodge-...ntial-failures
This is the source of the investigation report:
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/defects...intVersion=YES

This is the direct link to file your complaint:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/Vehicl...nt/index.xhtml

If too few report the issue, there's no reason Chrysler would react. My dealership said today that even 50 incidents out of some nation-wide total of 600,000 2009-2010 trucks are having this problem, it's still just a horse, not a zebra. If you have experienced this problem, please take the time to report it.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 05:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:30
Almond 04 is on a distinguished road

Still no parts to fix my truck. They have now pushed it back to Aug 16.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:31 PM

Thumbs up Great News!!!

Got the call yesterday my truck is done and ready 2 b picked up.

The steel used to make the R&P was on backorder so they had no material to make the parts. Whether I believe it or not is another story. Finally almost 2 months to the day. Going up Saturday bright and early. I hope the cleaned all the diff fluid off the underside of the truck!
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT CREW CAB
Color: Black
CCeastside is on a distinguished road

wow!!! what a ordeal, really your right , if they don't have your rig clean both tranny/rearend fluid underside and the whole thing, i'd go off a bit if you haven't already, can't even believe any dealer would make ya wait 2 months!! the dealer here is a customer of mine and i'll ask how the hell this could really happen, as you know already, but 2 freakin months in this day when it can shipped overnight anywhere!!!!!!! something is really not right ... again as you know... sorry to hear and hope saturday IS the day you get it back nice and clean
Old 08-17-2012, 07:15 PM

It was not the dealers fault. They were really good. They had it torn down the day after it broke. Again parts back order.
Tomorrow is the big day (for me)!
Old 08-31-2012, 06:22 PM

Well I picked up my truck 2 weeks ago tomorrow (saturday). I have put on 1000 miles and so far so good. Checked the mail today and had a check from Chrysler for 330.95 for my outta pocket expenses when it broke down. Taxi and rental car. I am VERY pleased the way things turned out. I look foward to purchasing anoter Ram when the time comes!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 07:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT CREW CAB
CCeastside is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

great new almond 04, and glad the dealer/dodge came through, it's just the right thing to do....
Old 11-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 dodge Ram Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
SharonV is on a distinguished road
Default Happened to us too!

Driving, we hear a few nasty sounds... Continue then clang bang... Do we turn around, go home. Call our trusty local me Janice, he says bring it in on the morning. Next morning, we go to make the 5km drive to buddy and BANG! CRASH! SMASH.... Drive shaft falls RIGHT OFF.... The trusty mechanic gets the truck after a flat bed tow, thing wouldn't budge... And he was totally mystified... Same words: there's no way this could happen! In yet there's the drive shaft on the ground... I have a pretty picture. We'd opted to NOT go through the dealer-- the vehicle's leased-- but now, after the forums I've read-- WHAT THE HECK?!?!? It's crazy dangerous! And a probable recall after something horrendous happens to some poor unsuspecting driver!

If anyone has any further information to share, please do so... I'm going to take this to the dealer and Daimler-Chrysler here on my end.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almond 04 View Post
Well I picked up my truck 2 weeks ago tomorrow (saturday). I have put on 1000 miles and so far so good. Checked the mail today and had a check from Chrysler for 330.95 for my outta pocket expenses when it broke down. Taxi and rental car. I am VERY pleased the way things turned out. I look foward to purchasing anoter Ram when the time comes!!!
So....what was the cause of your catastrophe? Was it the pinion nut backing off, or was it something unrelated? And if so, do they fix it with an update? I would be more concerned what they are repairing it with, or is it just a ticking time bomb again.