DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-03-2013, 11:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
Turbovsix will become famous soon enough

Got my recall postcard in March. WHAT IN THE NAME OF JESUS H CHRIST IS TAKING SO LONG - WHY AFTER THREE COUNT THEM THREE DIFFERENTIAL FAILURES AM I STILL SITTING HERE WITH AN OUTSTANDING RECALL DUE TO PARTS.

And my dealer laughs it off when I ask about the parts availability. Like its a friggin joke that my 44K truck that has yet to tow anything has gone through three rear ends.

MAYBE NEXT TIME I'LL WIPE MY ASS WITH THE RECALL POSTCARD AND DROP THAT OFF ON THE SERVICE MANAGER'S DESK.

Next truck = NOT a Dodge.

HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES.
Sponsored links
Old 10-04-2013, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbovsix View Post
Got my recall postcard in March. WHAT IN THE NAME OF JESUS H CHRIST IS TAKING SO LONG - WHY AFTER THREE COUNT THEM THREE DIFFERENTIAL FAILURES AM I STILL SITTING HERE WITH AN OUTSTANDING RECALL DUE TO PARTS.

And my dealer laughs it off when I ask about the parts availability. Like its a friggin joke that my 44K truck that has yet to tow anything has gone through three rear ends.

MAYBE NEXT TIME I'LL WIPE MY ASS WITH THE RECALL POSTCARD AND DROP THAT OFF ON THE SERVICE MANAGER'S DESK.

Next truck = NOT a Dodge.

HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES.

I searched online and the pinion nut retainer can now be bought online. $30 part. I went to my local dealer yesterday and they have them in stock and set an appt. to have the work done.

I had a new GMC truck that gave me problems like you have with the Dodge. Best thing I did was trade it in at the Ford dealer while it was across the street Chevy dealer getting a new rearend and trans. (7,000 mi truck)
Old 10-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Understood and good to know. My issue is that apparently Dodge is sending out complete ring and pinion kits to rebuild some trucks, and my dealer told me that that's what they're waiting on. He told me they inspect and then determine what action is required, and I think I saw a few guys on here mentioning the same thing. I have lifetime Max Care so I don't care if it blows up again after they put the retainer in - it's just becoming a safety thing for me, having dealt with this three frigging times already.

Thanks, though, for the info as I will be making a call to a few dealers to see what's up.

The thing is, I never got a SECOND postcard from Dodge as they indicated I would in the first postcard.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

went at dodge for oil change and pinion seal change last friday and they said mine has to be a complet rear end rebuilt, and that is why my seal is leaking

should know on monday when to expect the part they said,.. they also said they had something new in the computer that day about the recall,.. but they had to confirm on monday
Old 10-10-2013, 01:21 PM

Vehicle: 2010 RAM SLT 4X4
Trim Level: SPORT CREW CAB
Color: Black
Rep:10
CCeastside is on a distinguished road

just got called and my 2010 Ram is done {been a week} all new rearend everything.... i had no problems at all with 70k on it.... but they still replaced the whole thing. which i didn't mine , didn't want half of it rebuilt anyway. mine is a sport and has 3:55 gears , had it detailed also still best looking Ram in DM area IMO of course....
Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM

Well, pinion seal is leaking yet again. So, I checked the website and I now have the second notice for the recall stating parts are available. I never got a second postcard from Chrysler.

Anyway, this is the fourth time it's going in - had three complete ring and pinion rebuilds so far, and I'm sure this will be the fourth. Obviously, they'll do the recall at the same time.

Been a great experience so far with this vehicle. Never towed a damned thing other than my fat ass and I'm on numero 4 already for differential issues. Glad I didn't tow the family bass boat with this truck. I'd be laying in a ditch in the Adirondacks somewhere.

So, to those of you that are waiting for a second postcard, forget that and just check the link on their website for current recalls.

Thank goodness I have maxcare and I get rental coverage from the dealership. I'd be broke from rental cars by now!
Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbovsix View Post
Well, pinion seal is leaking yet again. So, I checked the website and I now have the second notice for the recall stating parts are available. I never got a second postcard from Chrysler.

Anyway, this is the fourth time it's going in - had three complete ring and pinion rebuilds so far, and I'm sure this will be the fourth. Obviously, they'll do the recall at the same time.

Been a great experience so far with this vehicle. Never towed a damned thing other than my fat ass and I'm on numero 4 already for differential issues. Glad I didn't tow the family bass boat with this truck. I'd be laying in a ditch in the Adirondacks somewhere.

So, to those of you that are waiting for a second postcard, forget that and just check the link on their website for current recalls.

Thank goodness I have maxcare and I get rental coverage from the dealership. I'd be broke from rental cars by now!
Your repair should last this time since the parts are now the correct size. (Not undersized like the past 3 years)

I had the retainer recall done yesterday so hopefully I won't have a problem later. The dealer said my cooling diff cover is a good idea as many of the new Rams have them as factory OE.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:53 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT QD CAB Big Horn
Color: Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Rep:65
DodgeRamMan71 will become famous soon enough

I am sorry if this offends anyone, that being said. Everything made on this earth by man is made to fail. There has NEVER been a perfect anything. I have heard stories about bad GM's, Fords, Toyotas, Hondas, RAMs etc. I love my RAM and I knew it when I bought it. I did not buy it with an attitude IT BETTER NEVER BE BAD. I bought it knowing that if there is an issue, I can get it corrected. They sell warranties for a reason. If I had some issues like some of these people on here, yes i would be pissed, but to bad mouth the entire history of a brand, because you got a bad one is not right. Chrysler has come along way since Diamler. I have always been a MOPAR guy. My dad had F-150's when I was growing up and yes he had a bad one. That did not change my mind on the Ford brand. My cousin had Chevys and yes he had some bad ones also, again I did not look bad towards GM. The simple fact is life is not all good. We will all get bad autos if we keep buying them long enough. I love my RAM and I do not want any other truck, except for maybe a NEW RAM,lol.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:28 AM

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCeastside View Post
just got called and my 2010 Ram is done {been a week} all new rearend everything.... i had no problems at all with 70k on it.... but they still replaced the whole thing. which i didn't mine , didn't want half of it rebuilt anyway. mine is a sport and has 3:55 gears , had it detailed also still best looking Ram in DM area IMO of course....
what?? it took them a week to rebuilt the rear end???

i cant lose my truck for a week!!!

isnt it a 8 to 10 hours job or around that?
Old 10-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusher View Post
what?? it took them a week to rebuilt the rear end???

i cant lose my truck for a week!!!

isnt it a 8 to 10 hours job or around that?
It is about a 2 day job. I dropped my off at 4 P.M. on Wednesday and it was ready Friday morningish.

I also had a full rebuilt rear end.

Chrome... in moderation.