DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 04-01-2012, 07:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: sport
Color: Flame Red
Rep:12
jg-gonzo is on a distinguished road

Well, I finally got the truck back Saturday. They did a great job on it. Its all new, rear end, drive shaft, anything that was dented or dinged by the drive shaft replaced!!! I really really like my dealer.
I,m beginning to wonder if there wasn't something amiss for a while. It feels much smoother and effortless as it goes down the road. Right off the bat I'm getting 21.6mpg, the best I ever got before was 19.
I like the idea off the fold over washer for the nut, what a quick easy fix!!! great idea.
Sponsored links
Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: slt
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
TexasRam is on a distinguished road

Just bought my 2010 Ram friday, 27k miles, makes me think it cud hav happened to previous owner and was fixed, we need a flippin recal here, GM just recalled the new burbans and tahoes for rack and pinion problems, why cant we get one for driveshafts falling off???
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Charcoal
Engine: 2008-???? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
BarnDog is on a distinguished road

Mine let go today, completley locked the rear diff. Flat spotted my rear tires too. i wonder if Mama dodge is gonna replace those too? Same symptoms and results as the rest of the posts
Old 04-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2001 Ram 2500
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:86
SnoopyIsMyHero will become famous soon enough

1. Glad jg-gonzo is pleased with his dealer, a lot of people can't say the same thing. Maybe a shout-out to the dealer is in order?
2. If you are ever dissatisfied with your dealer because of lack of service, call your regional office and file a complaint. They have the number, ask them for it. If you go that route, you probably won't need to call. All dealers have a standard they have to meet in customer satisfaction and any complaints - founded or unfounded - go against these scores. Depending on the contract with the manufacturer, low scores can cause fines, loss of incentives, higher purchase prices on parts and cars, or in extreme cases, loss of the franchise. If they WON'T give it to you, it should be in the back of your owner's manual (it is on my '96) or google it. Let them know the dealer refused to give it to you.
3. Anyone who has experienced this issue should report it to the NHSTB and\or the FTC. What I'm noticing though is people are calling it a driveshaft issue when in reality, it's a pinion\rear end issue. The more accurate information given, the better chance for a recall.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT LONESTAR
Color: BLACK PEARL
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
2for2dodge is on a distinguished road

THIS IS REALLY SAD THIS IS HAPPENING TO ALOT OF PEOPLE. i started a thread when it happend to me but i cant find it so i feel i must let tell my story also. back in mid january 2012 after dinner with my parents i let my wife drive home since i had some drinks and we had our kids with us, we are less than a mile from our home when same thing loud whine noise and then thunk drive shaft was on the ground and rear end locked up truck only had 27,xxx miles.this happend around 9:30pm and after dealing with roadside didnt get the truck home till after 3:00 a.m. luckily my cousin lives in the same neighborhood and gave my wife and kids a ride home while he came back and waited with me. next day had truck towed to dealer and after complaining and lots of phone calls got a whole new rear end. now my truck has 32,xxx miles and is making noise again in the rear. gonna take it back to dealer but not sure if i should cause i just received a letter in the mail from a law firm out of dallas tx that wants to know if ive had they same problems with my 2010 dodge ram for law suit. i may contact them after reading all these post
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2for2dodge View Post
THIS IS REALLY SAD THIS IS HAPPENING TO ALOT OF PEOPLE. i started a thread when it happend to me but i cant find it so i feel i must let tell my story also. back in mid january 2012 after dinner with my parents i let my wife drive home since i had some drinks and we had our kids with us, we are less than a mile from our home when same thing loud whine noise and then thunk drive shaft was on the ground and rear end locked up truck only had 27,xxx miles.this happend around 9:30pm and after dealing with roadside didnt get the truck home till after 3:00 a.m. luckily my cousin lives in the same neighborhood and gave my wife and kids a ride home while he came back and waited with me. next day had truck towed to dealer and after complaining and lots of phone calls got a whole new rear end. now my truck has 32,xxx miles and is making noise again in the rear. gonna take it back to dealer but not sure if i should cause i just received a letter in the mail from a law firm out of dallas tx that wants to know if ive had they same problems with my 2010 dodge ram for law suit. i may contact them after reading all these post
IT IS SAD........I wish someone (Dodge) finds out the real cause of the failures.
The nut coming loose seems fishy. Does the pinion bearing fail first? ... then the nut unscrews?
Old 04-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: blue
Rep:12
tWOJ is on a distinguished road
Angry Ditto

I just had the exact same problem with my 2010 Ram. 46,000 miles. Driving down the road at 50mph. They were very quick and cooperative about letting the local guys work on the vehicle, not normal! This made me suspicious that others had had this problem so I searched the web and found this thread. Now I know that I need to push a little harder on this issue. Ours needs a new drive shaft as it was bent by the impact.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:58 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi
Trim Level: Cool Chrome
Color: Cool Vanilla
Rep:79
westxsrt10 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tWOJ View Post
I just had the exact same problem with my 2010 Ram. 46,000 miles. Driving down the road at 50mph. They were very quick and cooperative about letting the local guys work on the vehicle, not normal! This made me suspicious that others had had this problem so I searched the web and found this thread. Now I know that I need to push a little harder on this issue. Ours needs a new drive shaft as it was bent by the impact.
Thanks for posting about your axle problems ......glad no one got hurt. Try to pry any information on the cause from the repair mechanics so we can stop this from happening in the future.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:17 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Hemi Ram 1500 Crewcab 4x4
Color: Brilliant Black with Pearl Coat
dawg11 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth View Post
Yeah, I wish I would have had the presence of mind to take more pictures. Unfortunately, I was pissed and people were honking at me to move my truck out of the intersection (which of course wouldn't move even trying to use 4 wheel to drag my back end). Oh well, I like to say next time I will make sure and get more pictures but I am hoping there is no next time!
I hate when dumba$$es do that . Like your gonna gonna go " Oh , I'm sorry I didn't realize you were being inconvienced ,I'll move it right now" .
I walk up to the first car honking and thank them for honking and explain that their honking didn't solve the problem , but thanks for trying . The guy you talk to will stop being a dumba$$ , and most of the cars behind him will to . Because they have no idea what you said to the first guy to stop him .
Pro Comp leveling kit , Locking billet fuel door , Cabin air filter , Spay in Bedliner , 180* stat , Catch can , Tailgate assist , U-Connect Phone , K&N 63 Series C.A.I. . Flowmaster Super 44 . Dual Exhaust . Eaton TruTrac LSD
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Mango Tango
Rep:19
BWG56 is on a distinguished road

is this happening to the 3:92 or the 3:55 rears?