DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss modifying your Dodge Ram with Performance Parts and Accessories!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:10
Bluesfan is on a distinguished road
Default New Bullydog GT Tuner

I just had the new Bullydog GT Tuner installed a couple of days ago. this tuner has the driving coarch option. This shows how effecient you are driving. No matter what level I am in and no matter how slow I drive my grade is always an F and currently it shows I am only getting 8 MPG. This tuner is supposed to increase the MPG to around 22-24 MPG. WIthout the tuner I was getting around 16-17 MPG. The efficiency gets a little better if I take off from a stop SUPER slow but traffic will be backed up becasue it takes about 15 seconds to get to 25 MPH. All my settings are correct. Any ideas or thoughts? I dropped big bucks for this tuner to try to get better gas mileage and right now it is getting worse. I have a large intake, 4" exhaust with a Magnaflow through muffler and it is still down. Anyone?
Sponsored links
Old 10-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: sport
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
DriftingArt is on a distinguished road

Hi there, this is my first post but I actually sell bully dog through the company I'm with.

Now there are a few steps to take in making sure the driving coach is working properly, going through the vehicle setup wizard and checking the vehicle speed and economy read outs for accuracy.

I know the wizard comes up automatically, but go through it again to make sure the information is correct. you can never be to sure.

Did you pick a realistic goal, if it's set to high you will get a bad grade because it's harder to reach. I would start mine at 16-19 mpg since EVIC tells me I'm getting an average 14-15 mpg because I'm not light on the throttle. You may have a different goal in mind.

Lower the Sensitivity setting for the acceleration/deceleration bar and work your way up over time. Everything should be started from the bottom and worked up.
Just pretend it's a video game, you have to reach the next level and the difficulty is set higher.

Not sure if any of this has helped and I can't remember if the GT comes with Watchdog instructions but here is the link to the Watchdog.

http://www.bullydog.com/product.php?ID=1

Click on: Owners manual Part 2: Operating Instructions

Remember, the longer you drive the more accurate it gets. The coach can't learn the students habits in 2-3 days. wait 3 weeks to a month and if you still have issues call their tech line. 940-783-9915 or 866-285-5936 from M-F 8am to 5pm MST
Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 dodge ram
Trim Level: slt big horn
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
2010blkbighorn is on a distinguished road

on this tunner can you change the tire size
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 dodge ram
Trim Level: Slt
Color: Inferno red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Jzkuipers is on a distinguished road
Default Bullydog

Hey. I just installed a bullydog gt programmer on my 2007 hemi and im not so sure it's installed properly. I can monitor everything from the bullydog but I cannot read the diagnostic or the performance testing. The bullydog just resets itself. Also when I first installed the chip it only restarted. When I try to uninstall the chip it restarts. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any advice? Thanks
Old 01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Your Mod Superstore!

Vehicle: Full Garage!
Rep:158
AutoAnything has a spectacular aura aboutAutoAnything has a spectacular aura about

Did you try calling Bullydog to see if they can help you?

Click the ^banner^ and save up to 16% on Dodge Ram mods.
We price match, simply call 888-591-8563 or
Click-Here-to-Chat and we'll beat ANY price by $1.

Click Here To See The Latest and Greatest Specials From AutoAnything!