DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.2 Liter V8 > Exhaust

Notices

Exhaust 5.2L Wxhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-12-2012, 09:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1994 DODGE RAM 1500 SLT 2WD
Trim Level: SLT LONG BED
Color: SILVER (AT THE MOMENT)
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:10
AROD is on a distinguished road
Cool Long Tube Headers, No EGR Pipe Hook-up

Hey Ya'll, Need a little advice here. I ordered a set of PaceSetter Long Tube headers for my 94 Ram 1500 from AMAZON. It said that they would fit my truck and I'm sure they will, except for 1 little thing, the EGR Tube connection to the manifold. I have not test fit them yet, gonna do that here in a few minutes. I just wanted to know if anybody else has run across this and if so what to do? I know that I'm gonna have to fabricate it because I like the headers and they ARE NOT going back! I knew I would run into some fab. work eventually anyway, building my 1st Sport Truck/Street Strip Truck! If it is long enough I could just drill a hole for the EGR Tube in one of the header tubes and drill 2 small holes and tap threads in it for the hold down for the EGR Tube. Just put a new EGR Valve on it a few weeks ago, solenoid was broken. My truck has been sitting for about 3 years so I've done a whole lot of work on it. Let me know what ya'll think and give me some feedback Bros! I would really appreciate it! Going outside to work on it some more now, putting a lot of parts on right now.
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2012, 02:12 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Hey Ya'll, It's AROD and I just wanted to let ya'll know that I assumed that the pipe went to the EGR Valve. "When U Assume U Make An Ass Out Of U And Me" Electrical Trades from High School. Anyway, the tube goes to the back of the intake. Couldn't I just get rid of this tube completely and put a plug in the back of the intake??? Not sure what this pipe does besides recirculates back through the intake. Would it cause an EGR problem if I took the pipe out of the "flow circuit"??? Let me know what ya'll think and sorry about the misinformation earlier ;] Should have spent 2 seconds looking under my truck to see where it went. I appreciate the help on this one. AROD ;]
Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Cool

Hey Ya'll, I see that 44 people have read about my issue but nobody has left me any ideas so I'm just gonna take the pipe out of the back of the intake manifold and put a block off plug in it and not deal with this pipe at all! Just thought I would let the community about this and I'm hoping after I do this I won't have an EGR Valve issue. If I do then I'll just modify the EGR Valve tube and one of my header tubes. If anybody has any feed back on what I'm about to do then please send me some info. I appreciate ya'll at least reading my post. Later, AROD