DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Lonestar
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Bjoseph24 is on a distinguished road
Default RES 130 Radio Uconnect issue

i have a 2011 dodge ram, with the "130 res" radio (it has the uconnect buttons and sirius radio) but, it did not come factory installed with uconnect but the dealership installed it for me (so i dont have a usb port in glove box/concole or on radio). when playing my iphone through bluetooth it sounds like chpmunks. is there a way i can update my radio/uconnect since i dont have a usb port? the dealer aparently cant figure it out. any help would be great. is there a way to update the radio/uconnect my cd?
thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 01-09-2012, 12:59 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2597
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

all i can do is point you in the right direction
the reading is up to you
http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=40&g...w=1024&bih=550
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 01-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep Water Blue Pearl
Rep:30
Al E. Gator is on a distinguished road

The uconnect box has a port for the USB cable to plug into and Dodge sells the cable. Your dealer's mechaniics are idiots if they can't figure that out. The installation instructions for the uconnect even address the cable. There are 2 different part numbers for the uconnect box and I think the cables are different but you should have been given the newer box with a standard USB connector on it. I did my own install and used a standard USB cable with a gender changer. It works fine.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:15 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4X4
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Bright Silver Metalic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:110
RAMTX will become famous soon enoughRAMTX will become famous soon enough

You need a cable, that all. Hope this will help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-Mop...item45ffa32965

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Ram-iP...item5647ebc32c

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHRYSLER-RER...item45f7094d02
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

Hello, The Uconnect main module is probably going to be wire tied to the dash near the glove box. Drop the glove box down and you should see the module pictured below. For some reason Chrysler parts offer the Ipod / USB cable as an optional cable to the Mopar accessory Uconnect kit. It is needed not only for playing (and charging the iPod or iPhones thru Uconnect) but also for any Uconnect SW updates.
You mentioned the choppy audio sounding like "the chipmunks. What you need is what the dealer should have been able to tell you as well as perform for you. There is a TSB 08-036-11 rev "A" that has been available since Oct 26th 2011. This is a revised TSB based off of #08-036-11 that was released on June 29th 2011. The revision has nothing to do with the SW but actually extends out the supported vehicle build date from April 18th 2011 (vehicles built prior to this date) to June 1st 2011. It also rewrote a few steps of the instructions. The original instructions were longer and some of the techs wouldn't read it all which caused them not to perform the update correctly in some cases.
The iPod cable is PN# 82212160 and it will plug into the small connector on the module, then run to the glovebox.
If you would like to PM me with an email address, I will send you the update file and instructions to perform it. It's not a difficult task. If you can download a file to a thumb drive, then you can do this. The update will take about 20 minutes.
I hope this information is helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoseph24 View Post
i have a 2011 dodge ram, with the "130 res" radio (it has the uconnect buttons and sirius radio) but, it did not come factory installed with uconnect but the dealership installed it for me (so i dont have a usb port in glove box/concole or on radio). when playing my iphone through bluetooth it sounds like chpmunks. is there a way i can update my radio/uconnect since i dont have a usb port? the dealer aparently cant figure it out. any help would be great. is there a way to update the radio/uconnect my cd?
thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011 HFM.jpg (48.9 KB, 16 views)