DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2471
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardzed View Post
IT'S A BRAVE NEW WORLD!!!
I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!

I took the traction control off and it is a different truck. Tire spin and acceleration, I love it.

I only had time for a quick test. Will check it out fully later.

I want to thank every one that responded to this post for their help. I was shooting in the dark (no owners manual, new technologies, first new truck in 13 years. etc.) and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I can see I have a lot to learn about the new technologies. I have been playing with a 1969 Mercury Marauder 429, 360 HP for the last 10 years, which is a whole different world and, I guess, it affected my expectations. Have patience with me, still learning.

Again (except for the first 3 respondants to this post) thanks to all, I greatly appreciate it.

Ed
^^^^ Glad to hear it is working for you now and is up to your expectations. Now you need to get the "Piece of Crap" out of the subject line on this thread. It's offensive
Sponsored links
Old 01-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram Express
Rep:10
robby5323 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
IT'S A BRAVE NEW WORLD!!!
I LOVE MY TRUCK!!!

I took the traction control off and it is a different truck. Tire spin and acceleration, I love it.

I only had time for a quick test. Will check it out fully later.

I want to thank every one that responded to this post for their help. I was shooting in the dark (no owners manual, new technologies, first new truck in 13 years. etc.) and now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I can see I have a lot to learn about the new technologies. I have been playing with a 1969 Mercury Marauder 429, 360 HP for the last 10 years, which is a whole different world and, I guess, it affected my expectations. Have patience with me, still learning.

Again (except for the first 3 respondants to this post) thanks to all, I greatly appreciate it.

Ed

It says alot about these trucks.... To go from a piece of crap to a whole new truck that he loves, with a push of the button...!
Old 01-13-2012, 07:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
speedfrk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by robby5323 View Post
It says alot about these trucks.... To go from a piece of crap to a whole new truck that he loves, with a push of the button...!
It's a magic button...
Old 01-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 2500
Trim Level: Bighorn
Color: Black
Fast1elk is on a distinguished road

There is a number on the back of the disk that you can call and they will send you a full printed manual for free, if you are the first registered owner of the truck.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Big Horn/ QC
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn QC
Color: white
C Jones is on a distinguished road

On the contrary...my 3.55 chirped them today much to my surprise. It was totally unexpected. Perhaps you'd do better in a Porsche? Maybe a Ferrari? This is a TRUCK for crying out loud. You can beat the crap out of your engine by installing a chip, but the CAI or new mufflers won''t do anything for you performance wise. I sometimes have difficulty in understanding why someone would buy a utility vehicle, and expect it to attain NASCAR performance standards.
Old 03-26-2012, 02:40 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Rep:25
shadango is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Just got back from the dealership. Complained that the trans was slipping. Dealer said NO, it is perfect.???

390 HP and I can't even "chirp" the wheels from a standing start???

I can rev the engine while driving and the RPMS go up but the truck doesn't do anything.???

With the pedal down it shifts through gears like its slogging through Jello.

Is this for real??? Is the dealer right?? What canI do and not mess up my warranty????????

$30,000 for 390 hp???????????
Not sure what is up with yours.....but I was just in a crew cab 5.7 hemi with the dealer salesman this past saturday and he laid a partial strip to try and impress me....maybe you have too much traction? (A good thing....laying strips and chirping tires means wasted power)
***Edit

Saw that you got it figured out. My wife's new Mustang is the same way....with TC on it grabs like crazy.....turn TC off and look out....makes all sorts of squiggly black lines.....LOL

Traction is GOOD....I put a TruTrac (Thorson type) antislip in my Barracuda and it grabs like crazy......no excess wheelspin, so not "cool" I guess, but yanks yer head back as you accelerate....lol

Last edited by shadango; 03-26-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 CC 4x4
Trim Level: SPORT
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:31
Atomik69 is on a distinguished road

Love the power in these Hemi's.....!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM Hemi Crew Cab
Trim Level: RT
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Rep:31
Tubbs1 is on a distinguished road

I have a 2012 R/T and from a dead stop I can role smoke whenever I want with traction control still on, I fear that there is somthing wrong with your truck if this is the case. I just took mine to the strip this weekend and my biggest issue was that I couldnt get traction I was losing an easy 1-1.5 seconds to wheel spin off the line. So IMHO you should get that checked out by another dealer possibly?
Old 03-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

If you have the traction control on and you can so called smoke the tires then you have a problem no way it will break free with that on. And as far as traction control ya it sucks but youll love it when it rains and your not going sideways at a red light.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:12 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs1 View Post
I have a 2012 R/T and from a dead stop I can role smoke whenever I want with traction control still on, I fear that there is somthing wrong with your truck if this is the case. I just took mine to the strip this weekend and my biggest issue was that I couldnt get traction I was losing an easy 1-1.5 seconds to wheel spin off the line. So IMHO you should get that checked out by another dealer possibly?
You got an r/t or a crew cab cause theres no such thing as an r/t crew cab