DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2012 Dodge Ram Forum
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

2012 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2012 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-28-2012, 01:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012
Rep:13
pogster is on a distinguished road

Well said Jones.
Sponsored links
Old 03-28-2012, 03:01 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

for those who don't exactly approve.

I'm not fancy like Dodgert with the 4.10 LSD, I have the one wheel wonder edition lol

My defense to this, it was for scientific purposes. I wanted to see at what rate of tire speed added with the heat caused by friction on the pavement the Goodyear tires would begin to deteriorate. My analysis shows that at about the 14 second mark the tire rotates fast enough to create create mass amounts of friction leading to heat, and quickly multiplies on itself reaching it's peak 4.5 seconds later. Coincidentally it seems the vehicle in question has reached 88MPH and vanished from view shortly after. There may be a flux capacitor hidden from our view.

To be serious for a second and not to step on toes, but it's my truck that I spent my hard earned money on. If I want to do one burnout, because hell I feel like it, than so what. I'll suffer the consequences for my actions later on down the road if I caused any harm. In the mean time I'm going to enjoy my truck how I see fit. Not trying to sound ignorant or arrogant about it, but it's really not that big of a deal. And I would like to think people here are grown and smart enough to know not to do this on a main street or a stop light. Be responsible, have fun.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 4X4
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn Quad
Color: Saddle Brown
Rep:10
jeepgrady is on a distinguished road

I agree with Grumpy old fart. I guess I'm one too.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:41 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram CC 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black (PX8)
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:388
ONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really niceONOutdoorsman is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Jones View Post
What a TOTAL waste of tires, transmission, engine longetivy.... and display of what??? Thiis ought to be on a dragstrip video clip. It's really not the sort of thing we expect out of our new RAM 1500's.....if it is, you're in the wrong forum. Sorry, but I don't see the nexus between this video clip and what we're trying to display and project for the Ram 1500. Christ, if I wanted this in my truck I would have gotten a lot bigger engine and a much beefier tranny and posting in a drag forum....and I wouldn't be pulling a boat with it. This is a freakin; UTILITY truck....the sort of truck guys buy to pull a boat, put their work tools in, or just use to go to and from work, maybe a weekend in the boonies, or just to look slick with some basic mods like a miuffler or some body alterations.

What's the purpose behind a burnout except on the dragstrip? 99.9% of the forum members will never see a drag strip with their trucks, and certainly wouldn't go thru a burnout like that one. That's strictly show and tell...try that on the street and look for red and blue lights in your rear view miirror.. There's no data on what mods were on there, what gas you were burning, what rear end you had etc...and lastly, the reason? Lots of smoke............and mirrors....where's the beef? Right church, wrong pew.

best regards,

Grumpy old fart.
I totally disagree. I would say 99.5% of the forum members will never see a drag strip with their trucks.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:55 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Jones View Post
What a TOTAL waste of tires, transmission, engine longetivy.... and display of what??? Thiis ought to be on a dragstrip video clip. It's really not the sort of thing we expect out of our new RAM 1500's.....if it is, you're in the wrong forum. Sorry, but I don't see the nexus between this video clip and what we're trying to display and project for the Ram 1500. Christ, if I wanted this in my truck I would have gotten a lot bigger engine and a much beefier tranny and posting in a drag forum....and I wouldn't be pulling a boat with it. This is a freakin; UTILITY truck....the sort of truck guys buy to pull a boat, put their work tools in, or just use to go to and from work, maybe a weekend in the boonies, or just to look slick with some basic mods like a miuffler or some body alterations.

What's the purpose behind a burnout except on the dragstrip? 99.9% of the forum members will never see a drag strip with their trucks, and certainly wouldn't go thru a burnout like that one. That's strictly show and tell...try that on the street and look for red and blue lights in your rear view miirror.. There's no data on what mods were on there, what gas you were burning, what rear end you had etc...and lastly, the reason? Lots of smoke............and mirrors....where's the beef? Right church, wrong pew.

best regards,

Grumpy old fart.

The point was to show you how traction control grips after a few secs that was not even a burn out my truck is a 2 door r/t for the reason that 1 i wont tow anything 2 its got the better rear /converter/ suspension / so that i can run it at the track and last but most important my truck my tires my problem. If you dont think it belongs on the forums then maybe your on the wrong forums they are here for everyone to post anything and everything about there truck, And theres at least 50 burnout vids on here .

And oh ya i bought new tires and rims so ya i can lay waste to the pos goodyears now speaking of burnouts since you thought that was a burnout which it was not i leave you this

And if you dont like burnouts how do you feel about flying rams

And this is what happens when idiots do burnouts

That is all have a nice day lol its all good man we all like different things

Last edited by dodgert; 03-28-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:01 AM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Oh and before anyone says anything its an stretch of highway thats not open yet and yes i have access to it and once finished it will be repaved
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: White
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I don't do burnouts but to each their own. If you want to go find a quiet back road where nobody can get hurt (besides the fool that flipped) and ruin your tires, go for it. I think every teen boy has to do a burnout or two in their life!

So did the OP turn off traction control and melt some tires yet?

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 03-28-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
I don't do burnouts but to each their own. If you want to go find a quiet back road where nobody can get hurt (besides the fool that flipped) and ruin your tires, go for it. I think every teen boy has to do a burnout or two in their life!

So did the OP turn off traction control and melt some tires yet?
Good question we got way off topic lol
Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 4X4 Hemi
Color: Brilliant Black Pearl
Rep:222
BLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura aboutBLKSVT has a spectacular aura about

Since were on the anti-burnout crap... since I'm an old grumpy bastard too...lol I mind as well share my little burnout from a few years ago in my Lightning....And I will do a damn burnout anytime I get a chance! WOOHOOO!!!! Carry on gents!
http://www.streetfire.net/video/ford...nout_88162.htm

"MPG???...I get Smiles Per Gallon!"
2010 RAM SPORT CC 4x4 Hemi
Diablo Tuner, Mufflex 14, Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks, 3.5 lift, 35 in mud tires
Old 03-30-2012, 03:56 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Big Horn/ QC
Trim Level: 1500 Big Horn QC
Color: white
Rep:10
C Jones is on a distinguished road

WOW, I guess I got told huh? I loved the video clip of the RT burnout where he flips the truck....the most noteable part of the video was the extremely wise and relevant comment of the guy taking the video.....Oh $hit...that's not F'n good! I'd say I have to agree with the gentleman. Not good?? How about stupid, idiotic, dumb, and a few other adjectives thrown in for good measure. Hey, you want to burn up tires and stress out your tranny or subject yourself to the same sort of unanticipated and potentially tragic results?? Have at it. Hell, even "crappy Goodyears" cost money.

Grumpy old fart leaves you with "nice burnout...what's it going to cost you"? Hope dad didn't buy you the truck.