DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-21-2012, 04:09 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold
Default HOW TO: properly obtain 100-200$ tips for less than 10$ and 1 hour of work lots of pictures

ok yall i completely forgot about a couple of cheap easy mods i did shortly after i did my headlights, and i am bored as hell have the day off and nothing to do so here they are

first we are going to do the easy one.

Do you ever look at the back of you truck and wonder now something looks wrong?
well look at the back of mine!

so you see whats wrong? let me give you a hint...its the wrong color something doesn't match. Still don't know what it is? i will tell you THOSE FACTORY TIPS ARE UGLY. so what do we do about we fix it...how do we do this u ask? well read below lol here we go easiest mod you'll ever do that require half a monkeys brain to accomplish.

Want to pimp you tips out without spending big money, do ya have 8$ laying around get to the auto store get some high rated paint color of you choice i choose black and get you a** back to the house, grab a 1/2" socket and a ratchet.

now climb under the back of you truck with you socket and ratchet locate the bolt holding you tips on.

now loosen it almost all the way and it will pop right off. now do 1 roll(i'm assuming your on you back) to the other side and take the other one loose the same way you did the first. then pick up both tips and wonder inside to the sink.

Grab a rag and get it damp now clean them tips off and then dry them very well.

now wonder to a room where you do your paint for other projects open up a screen place a fan there for some good ventilation (don't wanna be ^ on paint fumes...or maybe you do lol)

after we have turned the fan on grab your tips place them in a table vice of some sort one at a time now don't get it a rush.

grab your fancy scratch pad(i use the green side of a dish sponge. and scratch the hell out of that nice clean chrome... yes on both tips lol.

now put them both on the table grab you paint can shake it for one full minute and go to town 1 good coat(i did inside as best i could and outside) let it sit for 10 minutes and repeat with lite coats. i normally do 5 coats this time i did 6 that way i wouldnt have a partial can of paint with almost nothing in it laying around again.

after your final coat let them sit for 3-5 hours, i let mine sit for about 4 and half. once they are nice and dry go outside with you half inch socket and ratchet and bolt them back on make sure they are tight and be careful not to rub the bumper when reattaching them (if you decide to do this you will see what i mean pretty quick) we don't wanna scratch that nice new paint job.

and here is my finished project now it looks right (except for the stupid chrome ram head that will be fixed when my poppers are installed and the truck is already getting painted) much much better and guess what YOU DIDN'T SPEND 100-200$ on new black tips you did it yourself in about 5 and a half hours and only spent 8$ how can you go wrong there.

next we do break calipers i will type that up in a little while once i have finished my liquor lol, well when i'm starting on the next one anyways. don't pay any attention to all my sarcasm i am really bored and far from home and a bit tipsy

i also have posted the in my complete build thread here http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=121733
check it out

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 10-21-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012, 05:07 PM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Color: Flame Red
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Nicely done looks good that way!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

it does look alot better i love the all black look!!!

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Old 10-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2608
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Is Gladstone paying you to advertise ?

My dealership was going to put their sticker on my paint, i told them that they would need to write me a check first. I don't advertise for free
Around a week later, their plate frame was also gone
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle
Old 10-21-2012, 06:30 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post

My dealership was going to put their sticker on my paint, i told them that they would need to write me a check first. I don't advertise for free
me and the salesmen dani go way back, so i leave it on there as long as i can (noramally not near as long as it has been there this time), but when it goes in to have the doors painted after removing the handles and installing the door poppers i am going to remove the sticker thing, the liscense plate is already gone(i took it off 2 days before i left town for work, i am not currenty at home with my truck i forgot i had painted the tail pipes and calipers and uploaded the pics just never wrote about it, i was going to write about the calipers today but am to tipsy so i will do this tomorrow as i am of tomorrow also )

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 10-21-2012, 06:35 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnC13 View Post
Nicely done looks good that way!!!
i agree normally everything is blacked out within a week or so of me owning a new vehicle weather its a car truck or suv black on black on black is how i like it and thats how all my vehicles generally are. however i have been very busy with work and recently gone through a divorce that took alot of my money so mods are getting done slowly but surely, i had no intention of getting a new truck but decided i needed to get somethign for myself since for like 3 years i never got anything for myself lol. now the new gf she is awsome she will wrench on it with me (more of like a tool getter and brake pedal pusher lol) but it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoylCC5 View Post
it does look alot better i love the all black look!!!
i love the all black look too, cant wait to get some pics of the new wheels uploaded for everyone to see, i acutally found some satin black with no chrome accents accept for the lugnuts which i plan on powder coating(along with the imitated bead locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post

Around a week later, their plate frame was also gone[/QUOTE]

me and the salesmen dani go way back, so i leave it on there as long as i can (noramally not near as long as it has been there this time), but when it goes in to have the doors painted after removing the handles and installing the door poppers i am going to remove the sticker thing, the liscense plate is already gone(i took it off 2 days before i left town for work, i am not currenty at home with my truck i forgot i had painted the tail pipes and calipers and uploaded the pics just never wrote about it, i was going to write about the calipers today but am to tipsy so i will do this tomorrow as i am of tomorrow also )

woops double post my bad mods i meant to do an edit

spoiler for caliper write up im going to write two different methods as i did the driver side different than the passenger (same paint same turn out just two different ways of getting there)

edit
woops thats my english mastif(speeking of dog after lifting the truck he cant get in and out of the bed anymore i need to buy a ramp so he can walk up and down lol and he is pretty tall too)

see...

now back to the point spoiler

Last edited by Bully's Performance; 10-21-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:03 AM
Team Bully

Vehicle: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 QC TRX4
Trim Level: SXT
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:1711
ShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant futureShawnC13 has a brilliant future

Just wondering if you ever did the write up on the caliper painting?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:16 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: White
Rep:145
Racerdamon will become famous soon enoughRacerdamon will become famous soon enough

Great idea I did my tips in red! thanks for the idea. Reps for ya
Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Red
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:139
SnoylCC5 will become famous soon enoughSnoylCC5 will become famous soon enough

actually i just did my tips in black as well and your right, it looks a hell of a lot better

Mods: Debadged, plasti-dip all chrome, 2.5" leveling kit, 10000k HID's, Superchips Flashpaq 3865, red interior LED's
Soon to come: 6" suspension lift, 35" or 37" tires, New rims (undecided), 5% tint all around, LED tailgate bar
Old 12-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Rep:17
faze35 is on a distinguished road

I like the chrome better on my truck. Chrome and Flame Red are a nice pair when done tastefully.