DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
gwb1445 is on a distinguished road
Default Center Console/Under Floor Storage Add On

I have a 2010 Quad Cab with the 40/20/40 bench seat. I want to remove the center jump seat/console and replace it with a floor console (factory). Does anyone have a suggestion on where to find one - I've tried contacting salvage yards, but when I find one listed, they are less than helpful on the phone and typically don't respond to emails.

Additionally, I am assuming that any 2009 - 11 console will work and will simply bolt in to the existing holes with the addition of a mounting bracket where the cup holder currently resides. Is this accurate?

Finally, is there an easy way to add under floor storage to the rear seat ares - obviously my truck didn't come with it.

New to the forum - any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored links
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Express
Trim Level: Express
Rep:12
TNC is on a distinguished road

I've thought quite a bit about doing the same. I haven't searched yet, but in my many dealings with junkyards in my area and in an even bigger city before, I find that an item like this won't be on their inventory listing in the main office as a general rule. They can either tell you or even have already pulled some of the major components like engines, trannies, etc. A lot of the interior items like seats and consoles are more often than not still in the vehicle. So, what usually happens is that they let you walk around in the area where the item you're searching for might be located...Dodge truck section for example. Some places are so fearful of liability...and maybe theft...that you may have to be accompanied by an employee. Here in Texas we haven't quite gotten around to having to have our hands held for every bodily function, so most of them will let you browse. I got a piece of an HHR wiring harness the other day after mice/rats chewed a section...I live in the country...and they let me search it out...but an employee had to be there for the removal.

So I think what may help your search is just to go in person to some wrecking yards and ask to look for the console. Some guy on the phone wanting what to them is a low ball item doesn't generally enlist much enthusiam out of most yards.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:58 PM

Vehicle: '09 RAM 1500 4dr
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Light Graystone Pearl
Rep:61
Studbuster will become famous soon enough

The full console comes from the factory with bucket seats, I don't know if it will work with the split seats. This may be why used parts yards are less than helpful. They may not know ether.

I have seen this question on the forum before but don't remember seeing an answer. if it will work, I would think that 09-12 would be about the same.

You may need to go to a "YOU PULL" type yard and do your own investigation.

Keep us posted, others may want to know what you find. If you do it, the rule is to post pictures of in progress work to help others with the mod.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU FIND TIME TO DO IT OVER??
Dave
Old 03-07-2012, 01:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Update

Ok, I found a console online, paid $100 shipped !

To install, I had to buy the front and rear mounting brackets, about $40. Took the passenger seat/jump seat out as a single unit and disconnected them outside of the truck. Mounting brackets go into existing holes - no drilling !

Console just bolts in - absolute piece of cake.

Here are the things that I discovered, however. You need to buy what Dodge calls a "Coin box" - the storage part from a HD. Cool. The real snag is this : there is a different center bezel that comes with a center console than the one with a jump seat. I was hesitant to buy a used one off the internet without seeing photos. I couldn't find one at a local salvage yard, so I shelled out $240 for a new one - ouch. Still waiting for it to be delivered.

Wasn't thinking, so sorry, no pics.

I don't have the MOPAR part numbers in front of me but can probably find them if you need them. If you search around long enough, you can probably stumble onto them as I did.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:29 AM
US Army Retired

Vehicle: 15 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Blue Streak Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:1195
ArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud ofArmyofOne has much to be proud of

What about your shifter? Are you going to relocate it from the column to the console? or just close up the hole and paint?

2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew in Blue Streak Metallic Pearlcoat-Mopar spray-in Liner, Mopar Mud Flaps, 20% tint, Mopar Side Steps, Best-Top Tri-Fold Bed Cover, DZ Tailgate assist.
2002 Ford Focus ZTW Wagon-loaded, tinted and tunes. 183k miles and counting...

Old 03-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Default Shifter plus one more snag

No, I am not relocating the shifter from the column. The 2500/3500 from this year had the column shifter even with the center console, so the "bin" with the cup holder etc just has a large tray. If you google 2500 interior you'll see what it look likes.

One additional snag; the center bezel for the center console only comes with the set up for an inverter, which my truck previously did not have. The inverter and bezel (for inverter) were only $25 shipped, so now I just need to figure out how to wire it.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:31 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:23
300MAG is on a distinguished road

Great job, i love my center console
Old 03-09-2012, 09:47 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 QC 4wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Rep:69
jacksonsnorth will become famous soon enough

Great work, I personally needed the extra seating when we take the kids to camp at the lake so I opted for the Express with 40 20 40. Although the center consoles look sweet I needed functionality myself.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 Express 4x4
Trim Level: Express 4x4
Color: Black
Rep:10
Kustom55 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Kustom55

bump for this thread, interested to see final pics if they are available. i am planning on doing this with my '12 Express, thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:05 PM

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2014-20?? 392ci (6.4L) Hemi V8 410hp 429lb/ft
Rep:10
kozzy is on a distinguished road

Is there room for an amp under that center console!?