DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7 HEMI V8 > Exhaust
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Exhaust 5.7 HEMI Exhaust Discussion

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-27-2015, 07:02 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 13 Hemi Ram Sport
Rep:10
HeMi BosS is on a distinguished road
Default Headers + cat back exhaust....HELP

13 ram 1500 CC sport mineral grey 4x4 3.92 gears

Currently have the Corsa db exhaust system on it,

Cold start its really loud then once it warms up it quiets down on idle, on on wot its really loud but then again cruising speeds its not too loud, mds might have something to do with this too,,,

soo my question is will catless longtube headers make it louder and better performance gain,,im thinking of getting a bullydog tuner too soon.

thanks for the help.
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2015, 07:37 PM

Vehicle: 2004 VW .:R32, 3.2l AWD V6
Trim Level: .:R
Color: UGM
Rep:145
05ram will become famous soon enough05ram will become famous soon enough

Just going catless will be much louder and gain a few ponies, LT's will be even better, you'll need a custom tune to eliminate any CEL's.
2008 VW .:R32, 3.2l, AWD, V6, #2952/5000
Old 02-27-2015, 07:41 PM

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500 laramie
Trim Level: Leather
Color: black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:7
gixxer160 is an unknown quantity at this point

LT headers and no Cats will help performance, and yes they will make it a bit louder. However it sounds like you all ready have a loud exhaust so I wouldn't expect it to be much louder, if at all.
The Diablo programmer seems to be choice of everyone on here. Not sure about Bully dog and it's ability to custom tune, and you will need a custom tune.
Old 02-27-2015, 10:22 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:12
hemiheaven is on a distinguished road

I didn't notice much difference when I went with my "cheap" Pacesetter LT's and matching y pipe, catless. But, I have a pretty tame muffler.....for a few more minutes.....
Old 02-28-2015, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05ram View Post
Just going catless will be much louder and gain a few ponies, LT's will be even better, you'll need a custom tune to eliminate any CEL's.
i was looking at stainless works catless lt headers,, what do lt headers really do ? jus make it breath better..?

also if i were to get a custom tune how much would it cost, n for which programmer,, diablo or bullydog.?

thanks man.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:01 AM

Vehicle: 2013 dodge ram
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:25
jharrram13 is on a distinguished road

From my experience it doesn't matter how loud your truck is now, if you take the cats off it will be LOUDER no doubt. The cats naturally muffle the sound quite a bit. That's what has kept me from pulling the trigger on a set of longtubes and a y pipe for mine because I already run a flowmaster 40 series and adding longtubes I think would make it stupid loud. Probably way too loud for a family vehicle that I put the kids in sometimes. I suppose I could always try to find a muffler that quiets it a bit but still gives good performance but I really love the flowmaster tone of the 40 series and no resonators.
Old 03-02-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharrram13 View Post
From my experience it doesn't matter how loud your truck is now, if you take the cats off it will be LOUDER no doubt. The cats naturally muffle the sound quite a bit. That's what has kept me from pulling the trigger on a set of longtubes and a y pipe for mine because I already run a flowmaster 40 series and adding longtubes I think would make it stupid loud. Probably way too loud for a family vehicle that I put the kids in sometimes. I suppose I could always try to find a muffler that quiets it a bit but still gives good performance but I really love the flowmaster tone of the 40 series and no resonators.
yeah,, my corsa cat back is pretty loud at cold start and wot, but not really that much during warm idle or regular cruising,, would longtubes make a big difference in performance and exhaust tone ?
Old 03-02-2015, 06:38 PM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram SLT
Trim Level: Daytona
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:12
hemiheaven is on a distinguished road

Again, I put LT's and catless y pipe on mine. And, the tone is more noticeable than it getting MUCH louder. Also, I still have the stock Borla muffler on mine. If you think putting on a CAI is a good idea, then LT's are a great idea. Especially catless with a matching y, h, or x pipe!

Last edited by hemiheaven; 03-02-2015 at 06:40 PM. Reason: stupid