DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:167
rtkman has a spectacular aura aboutrtkman has a spectacular aura about
Default 2010 Ram Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT install with cam!

I've decided on a Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT with a Audiovox CMOS2 camera I'm going to mount in the rear gate handle. The camera only comes with a short cable. Does anyone know where I can get a extension cable? I see I can get long RCA cables for house use but are they good enough for this application? I'll post pictures / and my progress as I'm installing once I get everything.
Sponsored links
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
Toyz is on a distinguished road

I would suggest using a well shielded RCA type cable and help protect it with wire loom. Unless you could locate a RCA cable that is specified for outdoor use, i could not. I would also seal up each connection as best as you can.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the reply. Will do. Here's what I have on order.

1. PAC C2R-CHY4
2. PAC SWI-CAN2
3. PAC SWI-RC
4. Audiovox CMOS2 5
5. Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT_
6. Scosche CR1291B / CR1291
7. Scosche VWA3 / VWA3B
Old 12-30-2011, 02:04 AM

Vehicle: 2012 DODGE RAM
Color: BLACK
djbaselle is on a distinguished road

Let me know how it goes this is the same set up i want
Old 01-02-2012, 08:22 AM

I'm still waiting for my stuff but I figured I'd get some work done on the install yesterday to make it a bit quicker once it does arrive.

I'm not going to show how to get the old system out as that's already been done very well.

I cut the top of this metal bracket off. Using the notches on the side as a guide for my air hacksaw. This way I have nice rounded edges and it doesn't look like it was removed with a rabid squirrel I didn't cut any of the plastic as I've seen others do. I dont think it should have to be cut. A double din is 100mm and the space is 100mm so we'll see how that goes...

Next i'm going to run my RCA wire for the backup cam. I bought a 25ft wire for my Quad Cab and it will run right into the tailgate. I didn't want any connections under the truck. I started on the left side of the dash by removing the panel (it just pops off) and feeding the wire through over to the radio opening. I then taped it to another wire so I don't accidentally pull it back through while i'm running the rest of the wire.

The next step you need to remove the a pillar/rocker trim by pulling up on it. Its just clips that are pretty easy. Then pull the b pillar lower trim loose at the bottom and finally the trim for the rear rocker. This way we can run the wire down the rocker along with the factory harness.

Then we need to get the wire into the well under the rear seat on the drivers side.
There is 4 plastic clips that hold the interior trim in the well. Just pop them out and pull back the trim. I ran my wire from under the trim / under the carpet into the well just in front of the seat bracket.

Inside here you will find a plastic grommet that you need to drill through to get to the underside of the truck with the wire. I pulled it off to do this but next time I would just leave it in as it has a factory sealant around the edge that i've now messed with.

I ran my wire through and sealed it all up with body seam sealer. Including gluing it in with the sealer.

I then ran the wire over the fuel tank and over the spare tire zip tying it along the way. You dont want the wire hanging down it will look like crap and end up getting ripped off.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:23 AM

I then ran it through this hole on the rear of the pickup bed.

And now I put everything back together and wait for my stuff... I would love to hear from someone who's done this to confirm I have the right PAC adapters.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:28 AM

Well I got it installed. The SWI-CAN2 is not required. Pacs website is WRONG and their installation instructions / vehicle specific instructions are WRONG. Its a good thing their tech support is so good The C2R-CHY4 has a CAN2 built in now and they never updated everything. There is very little clear info on this on the web so hopefully this helps others. Also the Scosche dash kit did not fit well. I had a heck of a time getting the face to clear the dash so it could open. I ended up swapping the left and right brackets to make it work.

I installed my mic on the headliner. I just ran the wires through to the left side of the dash and popped the A pillar trim off so I could run the wire under it. As well I ran the gps antenna wire through there and across the front of the dash tucking the wire under the foam so It looks good. I ended up having to trim the plastic dash with a dremel cut off wheel to get the head unit to fit. As well as the plastic bracket that was attached to the metal piece that had to be trimmed.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:24 AM

Vehicle: 2012 DODGE RAM
Color: BLACK
djbaselle is on a distinguished road

DAMN THAT LOOKS GREAT...I ORDERED mine it comes in thursday.. What about the the speed wire and the sensor for nav? I've installed many screens none with nav tho.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:21 AM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbaselle View Post
DAMN THAT LOOKS GREAT...I ORDERED mine it comes in thursday.. What about the the speed wire and the sensor for nav? I've installed many screens none with nav tho.
Depends if you want to use your Nav in motion or have to pull over to enter addresses and such.

The pioneer video in motion is a pain in the butt to bypass sometimes

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 01-16-2012, 07:43 AM

I used a bypass found on youtube by soundman car audio. It worked awesome. Mine is bypassed. Let me know if you need any help with wiring i have it all wrote down what went where...