DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 year 2011 Ram Evaluation...

6K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  4Play1 
#1 ·
Good Morning Fellow Ram Owners

1 year ago today i purchased my first "Dodge" Ram 1500 Sport QC 4x4.
I was a GM / Chevrolet guy due to family working for GM and GM discount.
My wife took a job with a Harley Dealer that was partially owned by a guy that also owned a Chrysler / Dodge / Jeep / Ram dealer. He allowed me to purchase a truck at Chrysler Employee pricing. This brought the cost down for me and allowed me to finally buy what i felt was the best looking 1500 pickup on the market, A RAM!

Before purchasing my 2011 Ram 1500 i owned a 2006 Silverado 1500, a 2004 Avalanche, and a 2003 Silverado 1500. All vehicles were purchased new.

After owning my Ram for 1 year i thought i would post some thoughts about the Ram and my experiences so far.

I can say with a big smile on my face that my RAM is the 1st of my new vehicles to make it through the 1st year of ownership without ANY trips to the dealer for recalls / issues / warranty work. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Some of the chevrolets i had were better than others but i never had one that made it through the 1st year with 0 trips to the dealer for anything! I know people have had their issues with drive shafts and transmissions and rear ends (luckily mine was built after that issue was solved). I have truly been lucky with this Ram and enjoy driving it with the HEMI everyday! I still get excited to drive it all the time.

I have 13,000 miles on my ram over the past 12 months. During that time i have changed the oil 3 times, the 3rd time being yesterday. I switched to synthetic oil after draining the factory fill (as the oil change needed message showed up at 3500 miles, after switching to full synthetic the 2nd oil change message showed up at 8000 miles, and i changed it at 13 k yesterday but the message wasn't on yet but it had been 5k and i got the oil on sale.

There are very few things i would change on my Ram and most of them have been mentioned on the forums at one time or another. Most of my complaints have been cosmetic in nature (like the chrome ring around the center console blinding people, i plasti dipped mine) and the antenna being silver/metal colored (i also plasti dipped that).

As for mods, i put a set of step bars on and my truck being black i decided i didn't like the chrome step bars and plasti dipped those as well (it has held up great so far after 6 months.) I put a tonneau pro tonneau on as well. Vent Visor window covers, "HEMI" hitch insert in the trailer hitch, MOPAR T Shifter, and i Plasti Dipped all the Chrome Logos on the truck so they are black.

In a few months i am going to do the Y Pipe and Muffler Swap as well.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.