DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Bed Lighting

18K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  ucanthngwme 
#1 · (Edited)
2013 Update below in post#8

All I need now is warm weather and these bad boys will be going in!!!

I'll be splicing into my dome circuit with my footwell lighting so they will activate with unlocking the truck via keyfob. I sure wish my Ram would fit into my garage!

Detailed pic's and installation wiring will come on install day!

See less See more
#3 ·
i just installed those same lights under my rails and put some under the door so you could see the running boards at night. i tapped into the cargo light switch. love it.

#8 · (Edited)
Here they are installed....
Pigtail going into downtube to run along frame and into the cab. I couldn't get a good pic of where I entered the cab however there is a blank spot under the main harness that is open.

I stumbled upon these instructions months ago and used them to tie into the dome circuit for my interior lighting. I t'd into my interior led harness to do the bed lighting.
http://www.ramforumz.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17943&d=1305341968
I followed the attached instructions almost verbatim for the bed lighting.

You will pull power from the yellow wire in slot 13 and ground from slot 11. This should be all 11-12 Rams. The 13's are different and is shown below.

I tied into the dome circuit so that they will activate with the keyfob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYGAnISoQq8&feature=youtu.be

***2013 UPDATE***
For those of us with a 2013 the tie in instructions are a little different. You will use spots 11 and 16. I just used small spade connectors pushed into the plug. Works great as I don't like splicing into factory harnesses.
11 is a yellow wire used for power.
16 is a black wire used for ground.

Here is the finished install using a couple more led strips along the front.

#9 ·
Nice, and killer instructions.....

#10 ·
Oh Great!!! Another excellent idea that is now officially on my 'Must Have' mod list. :shakehead:

I really like the idea of it coming on with the dome light. :smileup:

#12 ·
#14 ·
Nah I was thinking something more along these lines!

#19 ·
A lot of the LED strips come with 3M strip on the back. I rubbed the underside of the rails with alcohol first, then used some adhesive promoter wipes before it glued the 3M strips up just to make sure they would stick(for a long long time--LOL). The colored light just gives you some "mood" lighting and doesn't give near as much light as regular white LED's would. I then put a 2 way rocker switch just inside the tailgate to turn the lights on and off.
Jay

#22 ·
I got them off Ebay a couple years ago now, there are much better ones available now. Any of the super bright led strip you can find will work. Amazon.ca has some rolls of them. I'll see if I can find them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.