DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Can anyone tell me why my leather seats have a white film on them????

31K views 91 replies 22 participants last post by  LadyRam 
#1 ·
Hey folks,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light as to why my leather seats have a white film on them.

I have a 2011 Dodge Ram Longhorn with only 1900 kms. I opened my truck the other day and noticed that the entire interior appears to have a white film on the seats. I wiped it off with my hand but it came back...

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same issue or is it possible that the leather is drying out????

My truck is in my garage that is heated and has not been driven this winter. Am I missing something here.

Thanks,

Ed

#86 ·
Just an update on the spew remover. IF you put that on your seats without the dealer doing it the warranty is null and void so be very careful. I ended up using saddle soap and saddle conditioner. The dealer detailed the entire interior in two days and I havent had a problem since. The spew remover did not seem to work as well. Just my two cents. I felt like crap everytime I saw it. Let me know how you make out.....

#91 ·
Sorry it took me a bit, I was away from home. The items that worked for me is the following.

OAKWOOD Leather Conditioner, and FIEBINGS Saddle Soap.

Let me know who you make out.....

Ed

#92 ·
Have a similar issue with my '19 Limited.
Purchased truck new and bought the Protection plan. within months, I had a white haze.
Dealer took back to their detail shop and had reapplied.
Months later it is back. This time detailer removed every product and cleaned interior again before reapplying yet again.
Again within 2 months it's back. Then covid came.
I lost all faith with dealer, for many issues.
Truck sat in garage for many months. I decided finally to go to a different dealer further away that is currently working with me. they used a cleaner to get the haze off but is back within a week.

Working on cabin noise too. This truck should be nice and quiet. Regular road noise, cars going by and lots of wind noise
I'm at the point of just selling it once the leather interior issue and noise is taken care of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.