DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
Rep:10
RUSHified is on a distinguished road

Well I love the band RUSH, have not missed a tour since 1981 or something like that. Anyway there is a movie called I Love You Man with Paul Rudd and they are big rush fans. In this one scene he said to his girl as he had her listen to RUSH "Prepare to be RUSHified" so there it is. Nothin special, but I love RUSH, since they are the best band in the universe so ya.
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Rep:910
primo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to beholdprimo spaghetti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post
My name is Kylle (yes, with two Ls). I go by Kai.. a nickname bestowed upon me while stationed at Wheeler Army Airfield (across the street from Schofield Barracks) in Wahiawa, HI. Whenever I wasn't at work, I was at the ocean. 'Kai' is Hawaiian for ocean.. hence the nickname.

In high school, I was called Kylie Coyote as I always chased the boys but never caught one (I have since though )

I am an Amateur Radio (Ham) Operator.. no code technician. Limited to 6 characters in my call sign with a number designator in the third position.

I wanted my license plate to reflect my Ham radio status and my nickname.. so.. I filed a request with the ARRL (American Radio Relay League) for a vanity call sign.

And here is my resulting plate
Kai + Coyote = Kaiote
Switch the i for a 1 to meet ARRL requirements = KA1OTE
Works for me.. but I do get asked about it. Great conversation starter!

And so I use it for my Forum usernames.. haven't had any issues with it having been in use yet. I like being unique.
lol..great story actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHified View Post
Well I love the band RUSH, have not missed a tour since 1981 or something like that. Anyway there is a movie called I Love You Man with Paul Rudd and they are big rush fans. In this one scene he said to his girl as he had her listen to RUSH "Prepare to be RUSHified" so there it is. Nothin special, but I love RUSH, since they are the best band in the universe so ya.
wow! an american Rush fan...i had no idea someone like you existed since it took unit LAST YEAR for Rush to get voted into the hall of fame.

Neal Peart is from the town next to me...what a great band!
2014 Dodge Ram 4X4 Sport, BakFlip F1 cover, Weathertech DigiFit Liners, BedRug bed mat, PIAA Extreme White Fog Bulbs, ProComp 2.5" / 1.5" Nitro Level Lift, Zone Off Road Upper Control Arms, ProComp 5050 20" -12 offset, MT Deagan 38 35x12.5.20, iron Cross Step Bars, DeeZee Tail Gate Strut

I am the heir to the primo spaghetti sauce fortune!
Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 AM
Paultocologist

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Cloaking
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA1OTE View Post

And so I use it for my Forum usernames.. haven't had any issues with it having been in use yet. I like being unique.
...shouldn't that have been un1que?

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 11-07-2013, 11:42 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:66
Axe Man will become famous soon enough

I play the guitar. Guitars are often called axes.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: Sport
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:525
Thebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of lightThebestestdrummer is a glorious beacon of light

GUYS I LOVE RUSH

It's like I'm the only one from my entire generation who even knows who rush is. Its terrible!

I have yet to see them in concert though... which is also terrible.. Neil Peart is my idol.

So off to my name.

I've been drumming since I could pick up my arms. I was never really cocky about being good, but its always been apparent that I was always in the top when it came to music.

So I was the best drummer, so to speak. But when I first needed a user name for god knows what, I tried "TheBestDrummer"(no caps, just used caps so you can more easily tell what is is)

That was taken..... So just to be fun I added an extra "est" to make it "TheBestEstDrummer" and what do you know, that user name is never taken so thats what I use for practically everything.
plasti-dipped hood stripe, rims, mirrors,handles, emblems,
Green Interior LEDs
Old 11-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2002-2008 226ci (3.7L) Magnum/PowerTech V6 215hp 235lb/ft
RUSHified is on a distinguished road

Ya man, when I was a kid I listened to KISS with my buddy, playin brooms as guitars and all that, then about 1980 I heard the song Closer to the heart and then bought the Perm Waved album and I was hooked, My first tour of theirs was Moving Pictures and the rest is history. I even bought the VIP tickets for last years tour at 300 bucks a pop and had the time of my life, They are just as good now as 30 plus years ago.

Ya, I'm one of the many American fans that were really pissed at how long it took for them to be inducted, but I got to go to the show since it is only about 20 min from where I live. Bad thing is, my phone fell in water and all my pics of the event were lost.

In defense of the American RUSH fan, there are tons of us, sell outs every show, it was the RRHoF that until this past year has kept them out. Now they finally opened the voting to the public and BAM Rush is in. There is a huge fan base here in the states and its awesome. Honestly, I have a few Canadian friends and the don't care for Rush much, I like to call em anti Canadians. LOL but I let em slide cause the love Hockey too. Yup. OOPS, lemme keep with the Forum and just say,

Ramz, Rush and Hockey, Don't get much better than that. Take it easy guys.

Last edited by RUSHified; 11-07-2013 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Im a gimp! that can't spell. LOL
Old 11-07-2013, 09:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: Black/Mineral Gray
Rep:219
Boosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura aboutBoosted has a spectacular aura about

"BigDaddyYumYum" was taken...

haha....all kidding aside, I have owned a bunch of boosted (turbo charged or supercharged) vehicles over the years and I have used the name ever since.
Old 11-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Urbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSHified View Post
Anyway there is a movie called I Love You Man with Paul Rudd and they are big rush fans.
"Slapping the bass! Slappa da bass! Slappa da bass mon! Slappa de bass mon!"
Old 11-07-2013, 09:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Urbie is on a distinguished road

No interesting story here...my last name is Urban
Old 11-08-2013, 10:49 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2929
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbie View Post
No interesting story here...my last name is Urban
Nonsense! There's got to be an interesting story in there somewhere. There's always an interesting story to be told.