DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman - Rambox
Color: Black Crystal - Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:83
wvcoolvinilla will become famous soon enough

Does the Dodge dealer in Alphreatta still have the silver Viper in the showroom?
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Express Crew Cab
Color: Black
Rep:10
Code Blue is on a distinguished road

On certain things carbon fiber looks really stupid. For me it just depends what it is and how it fits with whatever it is on...If that makes sense.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram Sport
Trim Level: sport. loaded.
Rep:10
ohcnda is on a distinguished road

to each there own, i put some on my truck to be different. all the trucks around here are done more or less the same way. if i get tired of it i can remove it.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcoolvinilla View Post
Does the Dodge dealer in Alphreatta still have the silver Viper in the showroom?
Last time i was there no its now a red one lol
Old 02-09-2012, 07:18 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Rep:251
2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough2011 ASSAULT 800 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMULOSO View Post
So Im blacking out my 2012 Ram Express Hemi and when I look for a black aftermarket part, 99% of the time it is black carbon fiber. I hate the look of it. It actually makes me want to throw up. Now if I was driving a custom track car, I might not mind the look of it because it would be functional first, ya know, weight savings. The only carbon fiber products that make sense are body panels for weight so why do the aftermarketers have to make everything under the sun with a fake carbon fiber sticker on it? My guess is the 19-30 year old teenagers (not a typo) that are still stuck in high school and have the need to fit it. Just my rant.
I am in that age category but I dont really like it. That being said it depends what its on, new snowmobiles are starting to use it to cut weight and depending what they use it on it looks pretty good. I guess its a too each their own. I dont think calling adults, teenagers because they like something that you dont is needed though. But thats just my .02
Old 02-09-2012, 08:51 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^I agree, no need to make it seem like being young is a bad thing, but I do understand the comment.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn SLT
Color: Austin Tan Pearl
Rep:30
Almond 04 is on a distinguished road

CF has to look good in its envrioment. IE I want to put a console kit in my 1500 but the inerior is brown, beige too wrong of a color to put CF against. If it were charchole or black interior hell f*%#&in yea!

I was actually looking at dark wood kits. Natural burl, and a few others. IDK yet.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:54 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

It really comes down to what the individual likes... If you like the look go for it, and if you don't, stay away however it really depends on the application that it is being used.....

Just my own thoughts.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 02-24-2012, 03:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Express 1500 4x4
Rep:11
RAMULOSO is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eryk View Post
i have to say that i think carbon fiber of any kind on the exterior of a truck, looks absolutely absurd. however i cant stand the fake wood trim in my truck, it just looks tacky and i could paint it but i would rather have some sort of detail. so im actually thinking of doing a carbon fiber wrap, nothing to ridiculous, but just enough to get rid of that wood fake wood crap.
My whole idea is that the look of carbon fiber is ridiculous unless used to be functional. Just like people that put the real-tree camo wraps or fender flares on their trucks when there is really no point. Are they driving their truck while hunting? The deer will hear the truck miles away LOL.

Regarding the fake carbon fiber, I know people like the look of it in some applications but carbon fiber exists for functionality... so people like to look functional but not actually be functional?

As far as saving wieght, it will not make that much difference proportional to the overall weight of the truck. I have a regular cab and it gets the same MPG as a crew cab even though it is almost 2 feet shorter and few hundred pounds lighter. It is also no faster. Reducing the weight by 2% on a 2 ton truck will not affect one thing except increase the cost and if you like spending money, go ahead.

Now if I have a vehicle for racing or an uber expensive sports car meant for low weight I would love carbon fiber body panels, then I would have to paint it because I hate the look of it LOL. Why do I hate the look of it? Because 90% of everything in the world that looks carbon fiber is low quality fake crap.

So if you like the look of it (not the functionality for light weight) why do you like the look of it? Because it is cool? Well why is it cool? Only because it imitates something functional? Thats the only reason I can think all this fake carbon fiber crap has gotten so popular.

I prefer metal, paint, or wood myself for asthetics (none fake either). Just like the background of RamForumz.com, brushed aluminum. If it was carbon fiber I would have had to find a different forum to join because I dont like throwing up when reading forums LOL. Maybe I am too principled of a person.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Banned

Vehicle: 2001 Ram
Trim Level: Base
Color: Blue
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:11
dezertrunner is on a distinguished road

Farbon Ciber is lame as hell, however the real deal is legit. Real carbon fiber painted is undetectable, and offers a great weight savings. Within the next 20 years we'll begin to start seeing the unibodies/frames of vehicles being made out of Carbon Nanotubes as well as Carbon Fiber.