DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of
Default Small accomplishment today (chainsaw)

So I picked up this this chainsaw for free from my boss a while back, it wouldn't start and he just wanted to get rid of it. I figured "what the heck" I'll see if I can get it running. So this weekend I figured out the fuel line was ripped, so I replaced it(~$2), and while I was at it I rebuilt the carb which after doing it I realized it didn't even need it(~$4 for the gaskets), cleaned the plug with a wire brush, fixed a broken wire, and fixed a mount that had a stripped hole(my tap then broke inside it, so I made a new bracket with another hole with some bolts and metal I had laying around)...

Stripped hole on right with tap broke inside it, new tapped hole on left:

New bracket:

After a few pulls it fired up, ran like crap, wouldn't idle....a few minutes of adjusting the high and low speed needles, and adjusting the idle, it runs great:

So for less than $10 I got a good running saw (it's a poulan pro 295 20" with a 38cc 2 stroke).

Now I just need to fix the chain brake/clutch cover that is melted from the exhaust and I am also going to weld on a piece of metal for a heat shield(~$25)

I was just happy so thought I'd share! lol

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Sponsored links
Old 02-12-2012, 06:22 PM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Quad Cab Sport
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:249
2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about2011 ASSAULT 800 has a spectacular aura about

sweet man good job! always feels rewarding to take something destined for the dump and bring it back to life! especially for such little price!

Mods : 20x9 fuel Kranks, 20% tint, Ram rubber mud flaps, Lumens 35w 6000k canbus low beams, tri fold tonneau, led plate & cargo lights
Old 02-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1693
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Cool. Mine has a bad fuel line in the tank and I have to pull the whole thing apart to replace it. Then I'll be able to cut and stack the neighbor's fence too!

When I was a kid my neighbor had a go-cart with two chain saw engines on it. It made me want one sooo bad. It did the best burn outs. his father had a KZ1000 with two engines. Capitalists, I didn't even have one.

Last edited by Warlock III; 02-12-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Woo Pig Sooie!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie
Rep:95
Razorbass will become famous soon enough

Good thing you can cut wood now. Lord knows it gets awfully cold down there in Orlando.
2011 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4, skid plates, 3.92 gears, Magnaflow cat back, spray-in bed liner, debadged, Bakflip F1 tonneau cover, WeatherTech liners & deflectors, K&N drop-in filter, 20% tint, Sickspeed carbon fiber antenna
Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

LOL thanks for the comments guys.

It definitely does feel good to take something and get it working again, and save money.

The fence posts were actually mine lol, they are the old wood fence (we have vinyl now).

And I want to get a fire ring, like a fire pit, to burn in, I really like sitting around a bonfire. I think my wife's going to buy one for my bday, a real nice big one that's heavy duty and will last. Wish I had one tonight because it IS cold lol, 30's right now I think...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 PM

BTW 2 strokes sound awesome!

Old 02-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1693
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

I recently did a fire pit in my yard. Cleared a 30 x 30 section in the woods, moved the saplings and bushes. Checked Craigslist for free stuff, spent 30 dollars in cement and 4 Sundays later: Since then I've finished the slate, sanded the cracks, put the hammers away, and gave the gnome on the bench a drink.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:19 PM

I can't see the picture.

I could basically build a masonry fire pit for free as I work for a maosnry contractor, but that's a "permanent" structure and by code I don't have enough room in my yard/clearance to do so. If it's a "temporary" one it requires less clearance and we're all good.

I live about 25 yards away from a fire station, so I need to make sure I don't "bend" the rules...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3225
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Holy crap, when I first saw the title I thought it said small "accident" today (chainsaw) and was fearing the worst, thank god I'm illiterate. Good job on the repair
Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2583
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

A neighbor was moving away, tossed 2 chain saws in the dumpster, 1 electric & the other was gas with a broke off spark plug
Always nice to get toys for free
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle