DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010
Rep:11
5.7ram is on a distinguished road
Default Ground Force Suspension!!!!!

Hey guy's , what do you think about the ground force suspension kit?
Iam looking into getting the full kit with the lowering shocks.

Has anyone used the product?

Is the quality good? Stiff /Bounce ride ?

Is there any other suspension out there springs and shocks that will give me a lower drop and a nice ride?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:58 AM

Vehicle: 2011
Trim Level: r/t
Color: silver
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:102
chuckie will become famous soon enoughchuckie will become famous soon enough

I put the groundforce kit on my 2011 r/t. Very pleased with look and ride.
There are other kits too - a search on this forum should provide you with lots of info
Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 PM

anyone with more pictures?
Old 11-14-2011, 11:14 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2wd Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
P Rod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7ram View Post
Hey guy's , what do you think about the ground force suspension kit?
Iam looking into getting the full kit with the lowering shocks.

Has anyone used the product?

Is the quality good? Stiff /Bounce ride ?

Is there any other suspension out there springs and shocks that will give me a lower drop and a nice ride?
I installed the Ground Force 2/3 kit on my truck about 8000 miles ago and must say, I couldn't be happier with the way the truck now looks and how much better it handles on the road. It now has a much sportier feel to it. Not at all bumpy.Please remember that I have a Crew cab, Im not sure what you are driving. I installed the kit by myself which went well. no problems. A couple reasons why i went with ground force is the fact that the 3" rear drop was perfect for me. And the other reasons were that I really did not want to do any cutting off of my bump stop cups like a couple other kits have you do. the only mod on the ground force kit is to drill two 1/2" holes to raise the rear sway bar up. I had the aligment re-done with no problems at all. After about a week of driving the truck settled to exactly 3" rear and 2" front. I think i paid $620.00 for the kit and $98.00 for the alignment. It is for sure a top quailty kit. By far the single best mod I have done to my truck. . Good Luck with what ever you choose.

here is a thread I started when I had a few questions months back. Also some installation pics.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....t=ground+force
Old 11-14-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Rod View Post
I installed the Ground Force 2/3 kit on my truck about 8000 miles ago and must say, I couldn't be happier with the way the truck now looks and how much better it handles on the road. It now has a much sportier feel to it. Not at all bumpy.Please remember that I have a Crew cab, Im not sure what you are driving. I installed the kit by myself which went well. no problems. A couple reasons why i went with ground force is the fact that the 3" rear drop was perfect for me. And the other reasons were that I really did not want to do any cutting off of my bump stop cups like a couple other kits have you do. the only mod on the ground force kit is to drill two 1/2" holes to raise the rear sway bar up. I had the aligment re-done with no problems at all. After about a week of driving the truck settled to exactly 3" rear and 2" front. I think i paid $620.00 for the kit and $98.00 for the alignment. It is for sure a top quailty kit. By far the single best mod I have done to my truck. . Good Luck with what ever you choose.

here is a thread I started when I had a few questions months back. Also some installation pics.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread....t=ground+force

Iam driving 2011 Crew , just like yours. Who did you purchase the kit from? did you get the full kit? Springs and shocks?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:10 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1443
916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of916Timmy has much to be proud of

It is a great kit...I went with the BellTech kit to save some money and have a more leveled look for my truck...Big Horn Quad

Old 11-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 2wd Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:10
P Rod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.7ram View Post
Iam driving 2011 Crew , just like yours. Who did you purchase the kit from? did you get the full kit? Springs and shocks?
Yes, I got the full kit, 4 springs, 4 shocks, 4 bumpstops and a blue mesh that you wrap around the top half of the springs to prevent squeaks. The exact part for the kit is Ground force #9863.
I got my kit threw Amazon.com-automotive section. just type Ground force #9863 in the search box. I just did a search and they have 2 kits in stock for $639.21 +free shipping I think. Still a great deal compaired to most sites. I received mine in perfect shape with no delays.
Please keep us updated.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916Timmy View Post
It is a great kit...I went with the BellTech kit to save some money and have a more leveled look for my truck...Big Horn Quad

Wow , it looks like this sits a little lower... Look's GREAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Rod View Post
Yes, I got the full kit, 4 springs, 4 shocks, 4 bumpstops and a blue mesh that you wrap around the top half of the springs to prevent squeaks. The exact part for the kit is Ground force #9863.
I got my kit threw Amazon.com-automotive section. just type Ground force #9863 in the search box. I just did a search and they have 2 kits in stock for $639.21 +free shipping I think. Still a great deal compaired to most sites. I received mine in perfect shape with no delays.
Please keep us updated.

Thanks for the reply , i will for sure update the thread. I think i just need 1-2 nights to sleep on it!! =)
Old 11-14-2011, 11:40 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

I have a 3rd gen, but my GF 2/4 kit has held up very well on my 4x4 and I've abused my truck regularly at the strip, auto cross (stupid Gatty got me hooked), and in my everyday driving on the horrible surfaces we call secondary roads out here. I highly recommend swapping to a better set of shocks, but it's not a requirement, but for me the swap was night/day with new shocks on the ride quality, but I run a 45 series tire on 22s.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
I have a 3rd gen, but my GF 2/4 kit has held up very well on my 4x4 and I've abused my truck regularly at the strip, auto cross (stupid Gatty got me hooked), and in my everyday driving on the horrible surfaces we call secondary roads out here. I highly recommend swapping to a better set of shocks, but it's not a requirement, but for me the swap was night/day with new shocks on the ride quality, but I run a 45 series tire on 22s.

What brand of shocks would be better for lowering? Maybe i will purchase the springs alone and shock someone where else..