DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Interior Modifications - Custom Audio / Video All custom mods on the interior of your Dodge Ram. Dodge Ram stereo mods, alarms, electronics, shift knobs, upholstery, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 slt quad cab 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: Almond
Rep:10
MaRvO75 is on a distinguished road
Default Help!!

Ok i need help here, i am replacing the sun visor holder and have no idea how the old one cames out? I'm talking about the holder that the visor snaps into, like if you were sitting in the drivers seat it would be on the right of the visor mounted to the headliner. How the hell does it come out!!??
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
jman is on a distinguished road

I am trying to remember. Obviously no screws I gather? It may be a pop out with a plastic clip. I found this online..

How to Remove the Interior Dodge Ram Sun Visor Clip

Removing the visor support clip in your Dodge Ram may be necessary if the clip is cracked or broken and is not longer supporting the sun visor as intended. The visor clips into the hook on the clamp, holding the inboard end of the visor up against the headliner while still allowing it to pivot up and down to block the sun while driving. If you need a new clip, you can contact any Dodge dealer parts department to order the correct part in a color that matches your interior.

Things You'll Need
Trim stick or flat pry tool

Fold the sun visor down and pull it back, removing it from the support clip. You can find the visor above the windshield inside the passenger's compartment of your Dodge.

Rotate the sun visor out of the way, moving it to the left or right of the truck. Locate the seam at the top edge of the support clip and insert a trim stick between the clip and the headliner.

Pry the clip away from the headliner. Remove the hook from the truck.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2004 slt quad cab 1500
Trim Level: slt
Color: Almond
MaRvO75 is on a distinguished road

I wouldnt recomend replacing these, but i had a broke one so i had no choice. So i get in my truck fold the sun visor out of my way and start to pry the old holder off. Well that didnt work so i tried a screwdriver and that kinda made it a tad looser but not much else. So i got a claw hammer and tried to remove it like a nail. Well all that got me was a jacked up headliner and i cracked my windshield when the hammer slipped and the other end smahed into it. But after about 4 hours of messing with it i did get to replace it, but now i need a new headliner and a new windshield, oh yeah i forgot i was so pissed i ripped the rearview mirror off as well, my bad. But all in all take away the fact that i ruined the headliner broke my windshield and ripped my rearview mirror off and further broke my windshield worse i think it all went good in the last 20 minutes. The first 3 hours and 40 minutes not so much. Oh yeah i took a break half way into trying to remove it right after i broke my windshield and punched the front drivers side fender i will need to see if i can pop that out cause its jacked up bad as well.