DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Suspension

Notices

Suspension 4th Gen Dodge Ram Suspension Problems and Questions

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 ram sport crewcab rambox
Color: black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:346
crusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the roughcrusher is a jewel in the rough
Default air bag suspension

hi everyone,

i will be going in vacation this summer hauling a 26 feets camping trailer, it weights about 6000pounds

i have to travell 9 hours to were i'm going

so i want to install air bag suspension on my truck, not sure yet if i want one with a compressor or just with a valve

i would like to spend at most 500$ without install wich i will probably do it myself

any recommendation, what brand and how much it cost

thanks in advance
Old 01-19-2012, 07:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 1500 Dodge Ram Crew Cab
Trim Level: SLT- Big Horn
Color: White
Rep:19
dig is on a distinguished road
Default air bag

Total Load Control

login | cart | checkout

Order Here: Inquiries Welcome

Home > Dodge Ram 1500 Coil-Spring ('09-'11) > TLC for Dodge Ram Coil-Spring Rear Suspension
TLC for Dodge Ram Coil-Spring Rear Suspension

MSRP: $799.00
Price: $599.00 New Year's Special

Item Number: DCS-1551
Quantity:

Total Load Control is the only rear suspension enhancement designed for 1/2-ton pickups that uses full-size 9-inch air springs. The lifting power and cushioning properties of the air springs combine to boost hauling and towing capabilities, dramatically improve handling and stability and provide the best air-cushioned ride ever.

Why do you need Total Load Control? The stock suspension simply cannot handle all the forces that you encounter driving in the real world. While all other pickups have a simple leaf-spring rear suspension (the design of which hasn't changed since the 1950s), the 2009 and later RAM 1500 has a coil-spring suspension. That's why hauling or towing really heavy loads makes the back end sag and the front tires lift, creating steering difficulties, uncertain handling and a rough ride. Total Load Control eliminates all those problems and keeps your truck level and safe.

But TLC adds something more Total Safety. Inflating TLC's air springs pushes the front tires down to virtually eliminate oversteer and understeer. TLC also tightens the back end and reduces body roll. With TLC engaged, you'll have a feeling and reality of total control of your truck and whatever you're hauling or towing.

Each Total Load Control kit comes fully equipped with air springs, precision-manufactured steel components, custom-built control panel for in-cab manual operation, all air fittings, hardware, wiring kit, and installation instructions for on-demand operation (optional air compressor sold separately).
Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 Quad Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red two tone
Rep:10
goldviper is on a distinguished road

Hello All,

I installed the TLC Suspension on my 2012 Ram Laramie 4x4 last weekend and I am really please with the results. No more SAG. I will be carrying a RZR S in the bed of the truck and the air bags will keep the truck level. I pull a trailer now and they really work.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram
Color: Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:10
ONE LOVE is on a distinguished road

I went with airbagit.com... I tow my race car with my truck lowered 5" in the rear with a "flip" kit (leaf springs)..... I think I spent $300 shipped and the install was easy. (it was easier for me to weld the upper bracket, (aside from drilling holes and bolting it on).... U do not need a compressor, save your money. Just carry a small airtank or hit the gas station/ air compressor at your house. Only thing to be aware of is the bags settle a bit over night. I may have a small leak, or its just common..... But the next day after sitting with my car on the trailor over night, it needed a lil air to pump her up.....
Old 02-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 R/T
Trim Level: R/T Sport
Color: Silver
Rep:21
Ramajama is on a distinguished road

Yep, it'll be air bags for me as well. Damn these coil springs
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 PM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I installed the 5000lb. Firestone bags. Easy no-drill install.
I had done the same bags on my last truck and it was probably one of the best things I did to help when towing.
I never had a compressor, just valves. I sure would be cool to have a compressor though. And you could use it for the tires too! Or an air horn!

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 03-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Vehicle: 1995 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Forest Green
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:67
Race1Mopar will become famous soon enough

I have a 2/4 drop on my truck and wanted to keep all my towing capacity of my 23 ft boat, or the Goldwing in the bed... or an occasional car hauler!!! I installed Firestone bags too. There inexpensive yet very durable. Had mine on for at least 5 or so years and are easy to install. I added a T valve with one input line to keep it simple. The Schroeder valve to put air in is located inside the gas door. Since I'm a guy that would rather plug a tire than change a tire I always carry the little green slime compressor with plugs. Anytime i need to air the bags up I use the compressor from that. It's quick and convenient.

Joe

Last edited by Race1Mopar; 03-06-2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:52 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

I was wondering how long these Firestone bags would last; My last truck had them on for a bit over 8 years when I sold it and they looked/functioned like new. You cant beat the price if you DIY.

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear