DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Notices

Off Topic Discussion Anything goes in here! Well, almost!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
Well I think the biggest problem is that it is a large piece of property in central florida, where everyone wants 1/8 acre lots with cookie cutter homes. To have someone manage it as a rental and maintain it would cost a fortune. I've offered to keep it up if they decided to leave now and leave it empty while trying to sell it, but they said they don't want to do that.

I'd buy it if I could afford it, it's a nice piece of land and the whole house is redone within the last 5 years.

Is it anywhere around West Palm Beach? My cousin is a real estate agent down there if you need someone to help sell it I can probly get in touch with him for you. Been awhile since I talked to him so Im sure he still doing it? As far as the reverse mortgage, if your parents do the renting out they can have legal documents drawn up for the tenants to be 100% responsible for everything from damages to lawn care.... Only time they would need to go down is when the tenant leaves and new tenants apply. Renting out a house can bring in a really nice income if they just keep it until the housing market picks up. But also have an agent to target people who are looking to relocate due to jobs changes/transfers/military... big market there is in the right area.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Thinks sheep are stupid

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1734
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

DISCLAIMER
If you are offended easily don't click on my screen name
Old 02-17-2012, 08:08 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^lol funny picture.

It's about 4 hours or so from west palm beach. It's in Orlando. I appreciate the tips. I'm not sure if you have any experience with rental properties but we've always had some and no matter what they get destroyed. Most renters just don't give a F about other people's property. It's useless to go after someone as well because 9 times out of 10 they don't have a penny to their name and all you do is waste your own time and money pursuing it. It's cheaper/easier to just fix what damage they did and move on to the next renter. We've probably only had 2 "good" renters. They were both elderly women.

Usually what happens is once they decide they are moving out they make a late rent payment, then they don't make the next month's payment, then you can't get a hold of them, then when you do get a hold of them there's some excuse like "I sent it, must be lost in the mail", then about two weeks later they have disappeared and your place is trashed...

Unfortunately the laws are GREATLY in the renter's favor, you can't do anything basically. Most items fall under "wear and tear" also, unless it is clear damage, but then like I said it's a waste to go after them. Every time we get a late payment we know what's coming, but there's not really anything you can do to stop it. Basically all you can do is charge a late fee.

EDIT: Oh, my point was I don't believe renting is an option for them, they don't want to deal with the issues and problems that come with it, especially on their house that they just redid. And I know for a fact no renter would sign up to take care of their entire property. Well, that's not true, what I should say is I know for a fact no renter would actually take care of their entire property....they'd probably sign up for it though lol.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.

Last edited by snrusnak; 02-17-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:11 AM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Big thanks to IH Scout Driver for helping me out!

Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: ST
Color: Black
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:42
IH Scout Driver is on a distinguished road

You are welcome; glad it helped out.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:36 PM

Vehicle: 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 club
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Electric Blue
Engine: 1994-1997 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 230hp
Rep:206
sonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura aboutsonocativo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
^lol funny picture.

It's about 4 hours or so from west palm beach. It's in Orlando. I appreciate the tips. I'm not sure if you have any experience with rental properties but we've always had some and no matter what they get destroyed. Most renters just don't give a F about other people's property. It's useless to go after someone as well because 9 times out of 10 they don't have a penny to their name and all you do is waste your own time and money pursuing it. It's cheaper/easier to just fix what damage they did and move on to the next renter. We've probably only had 2 "good" renters. They were both elderly women.

Usually what happens is once they decide they are moving out they make a late rent payment, then they don't make the next month's payment, then you can't get a hold of them, then when you do get a hold of them there's some excuse like "I sent it, must be lost in the mail", then about two weeks later they have disappeared and your place is trashed...

Unfortunately the laws are GREATLY in the renter's favor, you can't do anything basically. Most items fall under "wear and tear" also, unless it is clear damage, but then like I said it's a waste to go after them. Every time we get a late payment we know what's coming, but there's not really anything you can do to stop it. Basically all you can do is charge a late fee.

EDIT: Oh, my point was I don't believe renting is an option for them, they don't want to deal with the issues and problems that come with it, especially on their house that they just redid. And I know for a fact no renter would sign up to take care of their entire property. Well, that's not true, what I should say is I know for a fact no renter would actually take care of their entire property....they'd probably sign up for it though lol.
I agree with you completely about renters, My aunt owned entire city blocks ( I actually rented from her back in the days before I bought my first house ) I helped with maintenance and all and yes there are idiots who trash the places. If your parents do a reverse mortgage, they get to keep the house till the bank pays it in full to them... Maybe you could live in it ( thats if you dont already own a house? ) Hopefully with the market picking up a bit they can get it sold. Have they checked into targeting people who are relocating from other states due to job transfers/promotions?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 AM

Yeah I'd do that but I own a house and it's a hand full as it is lol...