DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 sport
Color: Silver
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Mickee is on a distinguished road
Default Mickee's 2012 1500 sport

Work in progress, just started and im filling up my bookmarks quicker than i can click so I'd like to use this thread to keep track of the mods/add-ons/adjustments and links and forum pages I've ran across
so here's what i got so far:
rhino spray in bed liner -love it. dealer threw it in as an extra to sweeten the deal, had it sprayed in at ziebart
solid extang tonneau -which i may return and get a bakflipG2,when the salesman explained it to me, i was under the impression it would fold up one more time allowing use of the full bed, which it doesn't. other than that its a pretty nice cover!
mopar nerf bars i put em on backwards, but if i didn't tell you you wouldn't of noticed... oops!
ziebart undercoating and rust protection treatment- their warranty guarantees against rust for the life of the vehicle, which is good, because my 03 ram's bed was starting to rust pretty bad so I'm being proactive this time!

LED lights
from www.superbrightleds.com slowly but surely changing over all incandescent to led.
4th Gen LEDs (-thanks SS4luck!)
Reverse - 921
Cargo Lights/Top mount break light - 921
Map lights - 921
Dome light - 4410
License plate - 194
Tail lights / Brake lights- 3157
Front turn signal / Side marker - 3157
4th Gen HIDs
Quad lights
High beams - 9005/HB3
Low beams - H11
Dual lights
High/Low - H13/9008
Fog lights
(regardless of headlights)
H10/9145/9140

mopar splashguards
Fender flares from bushwacker the extend a fender style,going to color match so i picked up some PPG deltron 2000 base coat Bright silver oem code WS2,PS2 brand code-915741im going to have to cut out either the flares, or the mopar splashguards i have, to fit.

AVS seamless vent visors they look OK,meh nothing special. one of the windows hits one every time i roll it up, tried fixing it but think i'm just going to heat it and bend out a bit to get the clearance it needs.

bug deflector
- EGR Chrome- wouldn't recommend for the '12sport,now that its on i don't want to take it off because the clips that secure it scratched into the paint on the hood, it also has a bad fit and rubs on the headlights when hood is closed.

what i want to do!

lift/level i wanna get it lifted a few inches,i never had a lift kit before don't know what all is involved so i wouldn't feel confident doing it myself, are there any warranty restrictions on lifts? if there are I may just settle for leveling the truck out,I heard the bilstien 5100's are pretty good for that, they are a direct replacement shock. what would i have to do with the rear suspension if i put those up front?
CAI k&n S&B Filters (release date 3-15-12) or maybe the vararam intake? really leaning towards the vararam.
throttle body -
exhaust flowmaster? magnaflow american racing headers some true duals would be nice, im reading the low end torque is really lacking without back pressure ss4 ran the ar headers without cats, maybe those with 2 cats a crossover pipe 2 mufflers, but what would i have to do with the o2 sensor..
tires/rims haven't even started looking, will probably look at tires after suspension is done.
engine bay after seeing a few tricked out engine compartments on this site i know for sure I'm going to dress mine up, ill probably pull all the plastics in the next few days when i paint the fender flares i'll hit those up too.
Headlights i want to get these: spyder ccfl halos projectors so i can put in some HID's but i cant confirm that these here that i linked would fit on the 2012 sport model, i emailed spyder for confirmation but they didn't get back with me, if anyone can let me know if they would fit that would be great! i also need to find a good HID highs and lows kits and fogs while im at it, but not sure exactly what i need after reading all those posts on this forum about the topic i got a bit scared off with the canned bus - no can buss -flicker- fit - wrong harness- had to rewire... it would be awesome if someone just told me this is what you need here's where to get it.. do i have what you guys are calling the quad headlights?what constitutes quad and dual headlights, not sure what i should be looking for.

grille guard- i ordered the westin HDX, autoanything.com had an amazing deal on it after talking to one of the sales reps because of thier price matching guarantee, so i called westin for a copy of the installation instructions so i could look at them before the item showed up, the westin customer service guy Armand, told me it would not fit the sport model.at all- he said i would have to really tear up the plastic bumper to get it to fit correctly and wouldn't recommend butchering the bumper.. so i had to cancel my order, do any of you guys know of a good looking,beefy, polished grille guard or bull bars that i could mount some aux lighting on, that would fit the sport model??
Old 02-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

saving this spot for pics..
Old 02-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Sport Premium
Color: Bright White
lefty33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
Any pics of the Bushwacker "extend a fender" flares mounted on the truck?

Thinking of adding these to my truck as well and would like to see how they look. Don't really want the "oem" style as they won't make a big difference from stock I don't think.

Need something to keep all the winter crud off the sides of my truck. Already have the heavy duty mud flaps but they don't seem to be doing a good enough job of it. Maybe a combo of the fender flares & flaps??

Thx! John
Old 02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

the fender flares are sitting in my garage, i was just about to go downstairs and prep them for paint, ill probably paint them tomorrow and install this week as soon as i get em on ill take some pics for ya man! i have the mopar hard plastic splashguards/mudflap, i was looking at how they would fit with the fender flares, im gonna have to cut one to get the other to fit, not sure if im going to do it or not, but ill keep ya updated on what i decide.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Crew
Trim Level: Sport Premium
Color: Bright White
lefty33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
the fender flares are sitting in my garage, i was just about to go downstairs and prep them for paint, ill probably paint them tomorrow and install this week as soon as i get em on ill take some pics for ya man! i have the mopar hard plastic splashguards/mudflap, i was looking at how they would fit with the fender flares, im gonna have to cut one to get the other to fit, not sure if im going to do it or not, but ill keep ya updated on what i decide.
Thx pal !! I look forward to seeing them installed.

I only use mudflaps in the winter & remove them in spring. Tried the molded hard plastic ones last year...not real effective & they kinda marked the paint. Thought I'd try the "bigger" heavy duty rubber ones this winter...better but still don't really keep alot of the winter slop off the sides of the truck. Worst is when the wheels are turned a bit, the tires throw all the winter crud up on the mirrors. Maybe a combination of flares & flaps will work.

It's times like this I wish I lived in the sunny south and didn't have to worry about winter wrecking my truck. It just makes me cringe to see it like this in the winter.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
oops it wouldnt let me edit that post- heres a few pics-still work in progress,
i was going back and forth with what i wanted to do with the center consol stuff, im going for a silver and blue theme- i picked up some chrysler blue in a can(duplicolor) and was going to paint the flat silver portions of the bezel blue,but after seeing how much shiny flake was in the PPG paint i got matched to the truck i decided to keep the silver just make it more silvery- while painting the fender flares- i had some paint left over in the gun so i just hit them up , it turned out great after the clear coat, its now got that glossy wet look, i should of put a few more clear coats on, but it was cooling down here in pittsburgh and i was afraid it wouldnt cure right. i got everything inside and now its all looking great, ill be mounting the flares tomorrow. unfortunately i didnt have enough paint to do the mopar mud/splash guards so im going to remove them for now and just run with the flares. might sell em. this was my first attempt at painting with spraygun and compressor, props to my pal dave for letting me use his tools. more pics after i get everything back together.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

put the fender flares on today, i think they look good, but will look so much better after i finally level and/or lift the truck and get some beefy wheels in there!

do i have the quad headlight setup or the dual? i want to order some HID kits but not sure what you guys are looking at to designate quad and dual?

learning how to paint was fun, if you get the chance to try it i would totally recommend giving it a shot! this next pic is of the painted center console now it was silver, but i dressed it up with the base coat silver to match the truck and a couple coats of clear to make it shiny. it looks better than it did,has some sparkle to it- and since i plan on getting a dash kit with some carbon fiber i figured if i didnt like it i could cover it, but it looks pretty good an im gonna keep it.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:630
moparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to allmoparornocar72 is a name known to all

Looking good, u have the quad headlights as u have a seperate high and low! Your off to a flying start, keep up the good work and semper fi!

Proudly Sponsored by Bully's Performance