DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Rep:11
riggz is on a distinguished road
Question Sirius Traffic

I've searched but haven't come up with a solid answer. I have the 430N in my 2011 with a year free of Sirius and would like to know if I could add the traffic feature.
Sponsored links
Old 07-20-2011, 10:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram Sport 1500 True Blue
Rep:91
nikeman will become famous soon enough

I would tell you to call sirius but chances are you will not be able to understand a word those customer service people say and at the end of the conversation you will just be confused! At least that has been my experience with them in the past and is also why I am very hesitant to renew my member ship once my one year is up...

I found this link and I do not see any chrysler vehicles listed..

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sate...me=SXM/Wrapper

Last edited by nikeman; 07-20-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Inferno Red Pearl
Rep:743
RedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to beholdRedRam10 is a splendid one to behold

I just renewed for 50% off on the present promotion. I had a good experience but noted the person I talked with didn't sound regional, or even from the north American region. They do have info online.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRam10 View Post
I just renewed for 50% off on the present promotion. I had a good experience but noted the person I talked with didn't sound regional, or even from the north American region. They do have info online.

Those guys will give you any kind of deal to keep you subscribed. If you try to cancel they make it crazy hard to do and it will take atleast 20 minutes of you saying "No just cancel my membership" over and over and over again! If you are planning on keeping sirius I highly recommend NOT going with the auto pay option and just keep it a month to month thing or pay for 3 months every 3 months or what ever other options they have that do not require you to give them your CC information to keep on file! They are very sketchy and if you search for xm or sirius problems you will find a lot of people complaining about them continuing to charge them for months after cancelling multiple times!
Old 07-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeman View Post
I would tell you to call sirius but chances are you will not be able to understand a word those customer service people say and at the end of the conversation you will just be confused! At least that has been my experience with them in the past and is also why I am very hesitant to renew my member ship once my one year is up...

I found this link and I do not see any chrysler vehicles listed..

http://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Sate...me=SXM/Wrapper
That page looks like it is for the XM NavTraffic which must be before Sirius and XM merged? This page lists out our trucks: http://www.siriusxm.com/siriustraffic
Old 07-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn
Trim Level: Laramie Longhorn
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
keldrick1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to keldrick1

I have it in my '11 Ram. I suggest you go the ramtrucks website as if you were looking to buy another Ram. Then build your vehicle with the 430N radio as the option and see what it tells you.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keldrick1 View Post
I have it in my '11 Ram. I suggest you go the ramtrucks website as if you were looking to buy another Ram. Then build your vehicle with the 430N radio as the option and see what it tells you.
Do you have the 430N?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:34 AM

thanks for the updated link.. I am assuming that if you have a touch screen with NAV then you can get the traffic feature. I might give it a try for a year since its only $3.99/month
Old 07-21-2011, 11:24 AM

This is write from the ram truck website:

Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV radio with 6.5-inch touch screen, 40GB hard drive (4,250 song capacity), Album Artwork, SiriusXM Satellite Radio and Audio Jack, Garmin® Navigation (N/A Voice Command), Uconnect™ Voice Command with Remote USB Port, available on select models.
  • 30 GB Hard Drive with 4,250 Song Capacity
  • 6.5-Inch Touch-Screen Display
  • Audio Jack Input for Mobile DevicesEvery Uconnect™ Media Center radio is equipped with a 3.5 mm Audio Jack that lets you play music from any audio source (MP3 players, electronic book readers, etc.) through your car's speakers. Just connect a cable from your player's headphone jack to the Audio Jack.
  • Garmin® Navigation System
  • Uconnect™ Voice Command with Bluetooth®Communicate virtually hands-free with an in-vehicle, voice-activated system that allows you to talk using your Bluetooth®-compatible phone.
    • Auto-Dimming Rearview Mirror
    • Remote USB Port
Old 07-21-2011, 11:27 AM

Again, write from the Ram truck website:

Media Center 730N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV radio with 6.5-inch touch screen, GPS Navigation with Voice Command, 30GB hard drive (4,250 song capacity), SiriusXM Satellite Radio, SiriusXM Traffic™, Album Artwork, Uconnect™ Voice Command of Hands Free Phone, Music & Navigation, USB iPod® Control, Audio Jack, Remote USB Port, Bluetooth® Streaming Audio.
  • 1-Year SiriusXM Traffic™ Service
  • 1-Year SiriusXM Traffic™ Service
  • Audio Jack Input for Mobile DevicesEvery Uconnect™ Media Center radio is equipped with a 3.5 mm Audio Jack that lets you play music from any audio source (MP3 players, electronic book readers, etc.) through your car's speakers. Just connect a cable from your player's headphone jack to the Audio Jack.
  • GPS Navigation
  • Remote USB Port
  • SIirusXM Traffic™Avoid the gridlock. Looking for more detailed traffic coverage? In addition to SiriusXM local Traffic & Weather channels, SiriusXM now offers SiriusXM Traffic. SiriusXM Traffic provides traffic data to vehicles over its nationwide satellite radio network. This includes updated traffic information on accidents, scheduled road closings, traffic flow and other traffic-related incidents. Since the service is integrated with the vehicle's Uconnect™ navigation system, SiriusXM Traffic can help drivers pick the fastest route based on real-time traffic conditions. One year of service to SiriusXM Traffic is included. For more information call 1-888-539-SIRIUS (7474). SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. SiriusXM Radio requires a subscription, sold separately after trial subscription included with vehicle purchase. Prices and programming are provided by SiriusXM and are subject to change. Subscriptions governed by SiriusXM Terms & Conditions available at sirius.com. Other fees and taxes apply. SiriusXM Radio U.S. service only available in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C., and Puerto Rico, to those at least 18 years of age. Service available in Canada; see www.siriuscanada.ca.
  • SiriusXM Travel Link™ w/1Yr Travel Link SubscrptionIn addition to delivering over 130 channels of the best sports, entertainment, talk and 100% commercial-free music, SiriusXM offers premium infotainment services that work in conjunction with compatible navigation systems. SiriusXM Travel Link brings a wealth of useful information into your vehicle and right to your fingertips: Weather -- Check variety of local and national weather information from radar maps to current and 5-day forecast. Fuel Prices -- Check local gas and diesel prices in your area and route to the station of your choice. Sports Scores -- In-game and final scores as well as weekly schedules. Movie Listings -- Check local movie theatres and listings in your area and route to the theater of your choice. SiriusXM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SiriusXM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. SiriusXM services require a subscription, sold separately after trial subscription included with vehicle purchase. Prices and programming subject to change. Subscriptions governed by Terms & Conditions available at sirius.com. SIRIUS Radio U.S Satellite service available only to those at least 18 years of age in the 48 contiguous United States, D.C., and PR (with coverage limitations). Visit www.sirius.com/TravelLink for more information on SiriusXM Travel Link.
  • Uconnect™ Voice Command with Bluetooth®Communicate virtually hands-free with an in-vehicle, voice-activated system that allows you to talk using your Bluetooth®-compatible phone.