I have spent so much time on this forum as a guest, that I feel like I know half you guys, so I thought I better join, and time permitting, contribute.
First off, to the administrators/moderators/most frequent contributors - You all desire a big pat on the back. I have learned so much about my new truck, and haven't got it yet! I've already ordered some simple mods, based solely on the detailed, photographed and well written reports/posts I wandered through on this forum. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge and experiences.
Brief history (trucks only)-
1982-83 - 1969 F100 Ranger - 300 / 3on tree / radio & heater
1983-85 - 1981 Dodge Big Horn, 318 / 4spd / sheepskin seats
1985-2004 - Assorted Ford trucks (Happy with them all)
2004 - Hemi Fever !!! - Counseling didn't work
2004-08 - 2004 Ram 2500 Quad Sport 5.7 5sp std all the options
2008 - Present - 2008 Ram 2500 Quad Sport 5.7 6sp std all the goodies
Today (4 May 2010) -
Got to see my 2010 Ram 1500 Quad Sport for the first time!
5.7 5sp(auto....my first auto.....not by choice.)
Black.....like all my previous trucks since 1989
Sport premium group
Remote start and security group
Leather buckets (heated, pwr, memory)
Heated steering !!!!! Yessssssss !!!
3.92 limited slip
Big gas tank (121 liter)
Power adjustable pedals (wife option)
RER (nav) radio
Alpine sound system
Back up cam
Dual zone heat (wife option)
A few more things I just can't think of right now.
1) 3M clear protective film on lower body, inside wheel wells, inside door jam at bottom (where you kick to get the snow/mud off your shoes and above tailgate handle.
2) Front Tow Hooks (already in my garage - Thank You RamformZ !!! )
3) Skid plates - (Like the tow hooks, why can't you order these on a Sport???)
4) Lockpick V.3 - (For the wife
) (RamformZ influenced decision)
5) Bed Rug (Had in last 3 trucks - Love them)
6) Pace Edwards Bed Locker power tonneau cover
7) Mopar electric tailgate lock (Again, Thank you RamformZ)
8) Maybe tint front cabin side windows...a bit....maybe more than a bit ?
As this truck will spend at least 1/2 of it's life with 6500# trailer (work related) behind it, I will not likely do to many other mods, however, this forum is giving me way too many ideas.....so time will tell.
Weather forecast here is
'RAIN' followed by 'SNOW'
I want to pick up my new truck, but I just can't bring myself to jumping into a brand new truck, and having it all dirty in 100 feet, so will excercise some control. Short range forecast is for some sun on friday....so....maybe!
At least I have Ram to drive while waiting.
I will post some pix when a) I actually take some and b) after I read the part of how to post them
Sorry for the lengthy post.....I've never been known for my brevity.