DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > Dodge Ram General Discussion

Notices

Dodge Ram General Discussion General Chat about the Ram. Please look for other categories to post specific questions in.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram 2500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Mineral
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:21
Parkersdad is on a distinguished road
Default Sirius Radio

I have a few more months of free Sirius radio but was wondering if you guys think it is worth keeping? What kind of cost are we looking at per month? I know the one thing I will miss is listening to the football games on my hour long drive home after my hunt. Any info would be helpful
Thanks. Jeremy
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2012, 07:55 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram R/T 2011 Chally R/T
Trim Level: sport
Color: deep water blue pearl
Rep:18
mfr1950 is on a distinguished road

For my Challenger and Ram its $34 monthly,I didn't renew just not worth it...
Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge QC 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Pearl Black
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
seltzer is on a distinguished road

I've talked to people who have put up resistance and got it for under $70 when paid for an entire year at once. I too am still under a trial...I may keep it, I may not. I plan on trying the "just too much per month" thing and see what they say.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:08 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram
Color: Flame Red
Rep:41
RedRiverRam is on a distinguished road

I've had first XM, then Sirius now for many years. Would not be without it. Fortunately I just bought my truck last month and I get a free year - but prior to that I was paying $15.49 per month. If you drive locally and have a favorite station I can see argument against it, but I travel cross country a great deal each year and love the fact I can dial in a station and listen to it now matter how far and through how many states I travel.

I got tired of always running out of reception just when the Cowboys game was about to end, or just when the NASCAR race was near the checkers and that was even if I could find the event. The variety to me is amazing. While I like all types of music - well most - I can single in on whatever my ear prefers at the moment. Sure you can accomplish the same with an iPod but at what investment in music? I even enjoy the old time classic radio dramas - remind me of my childhood listening at night to faraway stations on a transistor radio. Frankly I couldn't tell you a single local radio station that serves my area and I've lived here 13 years now.

I use Sirius and my iPod and have no need for any other radio. I wouldn't be without it!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Silver
UWmad is on a distinguished road

Do not ever pay full price. I'm coming from years with XM...Sirus should be the same? I would wait until the last day and then call in and just tell the 1st person your are talking to that you want to cancel. They will then transfer you to the cancellation dept. Don't worry...they do not want to lose your business. Just tell them that it costs too much and the free radio is fine. They will then offer you the promotion that is going on at that time. Usually it is $30 for 6 months (something around $5/month). Then after 6 months...call them again and do the same. They will not let you cancel if at all possible. It's worked every time for me and I have 2 vehicles that have it so I'm calling like every other 3 months depending on which vehicle is ending.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 gmc sierra
Trim Level: sle
Color: metalic burgandy
lightspeed is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWmad View Post
Do not ever pay full price. I'm coming from years with XM...Sirus should be the same? I would wait until the last day and then call in and just tell the 1st person your are talking to that you want to cancel. They will then transfer you to the cancellation dept. Don't worry...they do not want to lose your business. Just tell them that it costs too much and the free radio is fine. They will then offer you the promotion that is going on at that time. Usually it is $30 for 6 months (something around $5/month). Then after 6 months...call them again and do the same. They will not let you cancel if at all possible. It's worked every time for me and I have 2 vehicles that have it so I'm calling like every other 3 months depending on which vehicle is ending.
I Do The Same Thing,,,,I Have It On 2 Trucks
Old 02-23-2012, 10:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Quad Cab 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: True Blue Pearl
Rep:25
mikeski is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to mikeski

If you have unlimited download on your phone you can use Pandora. That was my plan and then I got this free year. So I will use it and then cancel after the year. I just can't justify the cost.

Mikeski...

Morimoto Mini H1 Projector's w/ Digital 55watt 6000k HID's, 35W 10k HID Fog Lights, Blue LED's throughout the interior, Bed and Reverse LED's, Oil Catch Can, 4" vent to stock air box and two beady red eyes. Where will the madness end????
Old 02-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:11
RamEZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWmad View Post
That makes three of us! I just renewed today using this method. $5 a month is a whole lot better than the $14.49 a month (Select Package) that they initially quoted me.

Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 Ram Express Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Hemiblack is on a distinguished road

I don't think it makes a difference but I've had Sirius for almost 7 years. When I called about my trial subscription I asked what kind of deal I could get. I renewed my subscription which won't even be taken out of my account till my trial is done and then it's only $48.00 for another year. So basically I'm getting 2 years for $2.00 a month. Not bad in my opinion. Same thing when my wife bought her Cadillac a while back. She called to cancel her XM and they offered her another one year deal for around 50 bucks a year.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:35 PM

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

I posted on this topic last year. I've linked that thread below.

click here
to see what was said

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill