DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2010 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2010 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the new 2010 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road

Or something is wrong? No one has verified whether there's does the same thing of not.
Sponsored links
Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Yeah I agree, like I said I don't know for sure how the system is designed, just giving my best guess.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:19 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: dodge ram 2010
Trim Level: sport crew cab
Color: Black
Rep:10
ramrick14 is on a distinguished road

Thank you gus for all the info, and yes I talked with the dealer about updated or flashing the computer.
Iam going to the dealer tomorrow morning for maintenance and probably and update on the computer.

It`s just that my service manager , was not sure how to fixe the probleme. He talked to service tech at chrysler but did not felt good about the answered he got ,so that`s why I was looking trough you guys .

thank`s again , Iwill let you know how it went at the dealer tomorrow...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Smile

Good evening guys.
Came bake from the dealer,they flash the computer and saw that the integrated brake was not part of the packaged when I order the truck in 2009,an option !!!
So they installed the OPTION XHC for integrated trailer brake controls or [ ITBC ] in the computer, ran the flash card and that was it.
You will see it rightaway on the MESSAGE CENTER or IVIC [ almost the last message ] trailer brake with the icon of the trailer and the level of braking.

The only thing that I hate when we go to the dealer is that WE know more about these option then them.[they did not even know that the truck comes with the two quick connect under the dash!!!!]

Anyway guys thanks for all your info.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:07 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Glad you got it figured out...

Old 02-29-2012, 11:48 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT Big Horn
Rep:44
Ironsides is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrick14 View Post
Good evening guys.
Came bake from the dealer,they flash the computer and saw that the integrated brake was not part of the packaged when I order the truck in 2009,an option !!!
So they installed the OPTION XHC for integrated trailer brake controls or [ ITBC ] in the computer, ran the flash card and that was it.
You will see it rightaway on the MESSAGE CENTER or IVIC [ almost the last message ] trailer brake with the icon of the trailer and the level of braking.

The only thing that I hate when we go to the dealer is that WE know more about these option then them.[they did not even know that the truck comes with the two quick connect under the dash!!!!]

Anyway guys thanks for all your info.
The EVIC display doesn't affect how the controller works, it just displays information from it, and may allow you to adjust the braking level. If the trailer brakes released when ABS kicked in before, I don't see why it wouldn't continue to function like that. As was already mentioned, that's almost certainly by design, because a trailer without brakes is much more controllable than a trailer with locked up brakes. You should still be able to manually apply the trailer brakes in an ABS condition, if you wanted to.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM

Many people don't realize that a rolling tire with a small amount of rolling resistance slows down faster than a skidding tire which has even less resistance and directional control. That's the whole purpose behind ABS, keep the wheels from locking. So it's the same for the trailer, you don't want the wheels locked.

Old 03-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray
Rep:11
GearHd6 is on a distinguished road

LOL, back on this again. I guess all you can do is try and control the braking yourself and not let the ABS kick on in a panic situation but that will be near impossible with (worst case scenario) 10,000 lbs pushing against your vehicle. Say what you will, but the average person in a panic situation isn't going to even THINK of reaching for the manual slider on the brake controller.

We can argue this all day, but in the end I think Ironsides is correct that controller is still going to kick off with ABS. I think I would hook my trailer up and try it before I thought it was cured.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
but the average person in a panic situation isn't going to even THINK of reaching for the manual slider on the brake controller.
I agree with this. It would (to me) seem dangerous to try to reach over and take your eyes off the road while you're losing control....

Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I guys,it was the perfect day to try the brake controler because we add a snow storm.
The brake controls work fine now ,when ther ABS kicks in the controler still gives all the necessary power to the trailer brake, onlyke before it would just release all the brake to the trailer, whitch at that point was just pushing the truck out of controls.

By the way, GearHd6 you are right .
Until you have not try to stop a trailer on ice you wont be able to really know the felling of being push from behined and cannot do anything.

I did also apply the brake mannually,it dose work but not practical.
thank`s guys