DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > 4TH Generation Dodge Ram 2009+ Dodge Ram Trucks > Body & Interior

Notices

Body & Interior 4th Gen Dodge Ram Body & Interior Problems and Questions.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge 1/2 ton
Trim Level: ST
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
wvu dodge is on a distinguished road
Default Console storage vault

I'm curious if anybody had a locking storage "safe" in their truck. I was looking at this model: http://www.corporatetravelsafety.com...lt-p-1103.html but I have an ST basic model truck, so I don't have the bucket seats with full middle console. They offer one for the bench seat trucks, but it goes in a storage compartment underneath the middle section of the front seat...and i don't have a storage compartment there either.

All I have is the compartment inside the arm rest and nobody makes anything for this space. i guess my question is, do all the ST models NOT have a compartment underneath the seat? I just have open space under there, the seat does not lift up. For what its worth, i only have 1 glove box. I know some of the truck have an upper and lower, but don't know where the cutoff on trim levels is for that.
Sponsored links
Old 02-18-2012, 01:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Junior Member

Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:30
tuckerchef is on a distinguished road

I have the ST as well and there is no storage other than what you've just described. I'm sure you can find something that can bolt through the floor under the rear seat. This link looks promising and appears it might even be able to mount under a front seat.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

The one on the link you posted looks pretty decent. I emailed the "corporate travel safety" website and they repsonded the next day. They don't offer a storage vault for the arm rest folding console but say they are working on it. They said they don't know when it will be available though.

My personal opinion is that we probably will never see one for us ST guys because the market is probably not there....I don't see but 2 or 3 ST basic model trucks in my area so I don't know how popular they are nationwide. I'll have to look at the universal products.

Oh well, i had to put a lot of effort to find an ST no frills truck so i guess i shouldn't complain that there isn't much aftermarket add-ons for the interior department. All i wanted was A/C and cruise, anything above and beyond that was just extra money to me. 15 years ago the truck with power windows/doors/air/cruise/cd/satellite radio/heated mirrors/power mirrors/automatic trans/electric shift T-case was top of the line...now i call it "no frills"......and i'm not even 30 yet. I'm starting to sound like the old-timers at work.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

BradC is on a distinguished road

Anyone know if you can swap out the center section on a 2010 with only the top storage for the one with the lower storage as well? I'd love to add this to mine so I could do that vault. I saw one on eBay but wasn't sure if it's drop in compatible.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I'd like to do that, but in reality probably will never go through with it. What kind of price were you seeing on ebay for it? Would have to make sure and get the right color for the seats.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

BradC is on a distinguished road

There was one there for $199 but I forgot to look at the shipping before it ended. I assume it wouldn't be cheap to ship.

I doubt I'll ever do this too the more I think about it. Just seems like a huge cost to get locking storage. I checked with local dismantlers and they said they rarely if ever get in 2009+ trucks so that's a long shot too. Oh well...
Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradC View Post
There was one there for $199 but I forgot to look at the shipping before it ended. I assume it wouldn't be cheap to ship.

I doubt I'll ever do this too the more I think about it. Just seems like a huge cost to get locking storage. I checked with local dismantlers and they said they rarely if ever get in 2009+ trucks so that's a long shot too. Oh well...

Yea, spend 200+ shipping just so you can spend another $260-300. I guess just stick with the universal stuff, just won't look as clean.