DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion > Kills and More Kills

Notices

Kills and More Kills Fictional stories about how you may have smoked another car or truck with your Ram on or off the track! - Keep safe out there!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 10-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Addicted to the Z

Vehicle: 2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Trim Level: Crew Cab 4X4 Limited
Color: PX8 Black
Engine: 2014-20?? 182.3ci (3.0L) L630DOHC V6 240hp 420lb/ft Eco-Diesel
Rep:2454
RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute
Wink 07 Tundra 5.7 Single Cab v.s. My RAM

So my brother-in-law has this 07 5.7 single cab Tundra and we ended up side by side at a light last night. He is one of those guys that hates to loose, if you know what i mean. Sadly I have to admit that the 1st round goes to him only because he did a rolling start while the light was still red and I was caught looking down and by the time I got on it my single rear tire just spun for a bit (Damm 3.55 which I regret ). So I concided without really trying, driver distraction .
So we get up to the next light side by side and he rolls down his window bragging about his posi v.s. my 3.55. I knew this had to end so I put the auto stick into "3" and selected 4WD Auto. Just before the light turned green he once again did the rolling start thing (WTF) however the outcome this time was different. Before the other side of the intersection he was seeing my nice pretty LED tails and about 1/4 mile later I swung into his lane with him way back there. Once again the HEMI has done my proud ...
Sponsored links
Old 10-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

nice kill bud but enlighten me on why you put er into 3rd gear instead of first? do the truck launch better or something? id like to know for future reference
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 10-08-2011, 12:42 PM
Addicted to the Z

RansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond reputeRansRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinuminjected View Post
nice kill bud but enlighten me on why you put er into 3rd gear instead of first? do the truck launch better or something? id like to know for future reference
Thanks, even though I set it to 3rd it still launches in first. All it really means is that 3rd will be the highest gear reached. Since I was on a max 60km street I knew I would not top out much more than 80km/hr win or loose.
Old 10-08-2011, 12:53 PM

Vehicle: 2009 dodge ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Brilliant Black
Rep:713
platinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to beholdplatinuminjected is a splendid one to behold

oooooh ok thanks for clearing that up bud
MODS... tinted windows,cf dash kit,6000 k fogs and low beam,heavy duty rubber mud flaps,recon tails 3rd break,L.E.D liscenceplate,reverse lights,factory side steps,afe intake,bakflip toneau cover,magnaflow exhaust,diablo predator,33' trail grapplers,bilstein 5100's,laminx head/fogs,shorty antenna,
Old 10-12-2011, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2008 Ram Hemi
Trim Level: Lonestar
Color: Black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:296
BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

nice kill, those tundras are def not somethinng for my 3rd gen to play with
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 10-12-2011, 11:02 AM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3236
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHemI View Post
Actually, they are. Quite fun to play with, more evenly matched, stock. Which is why a few bolt-ons with a programmer and you get to alugh at them when they ask if you've got it 'chipped'
Old 10-12-2011, 12:23 PM

BlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the roughBlackHemI is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Actually, they are. Quite fun to play with, more evenly matched, stock. Which is why a few bolt-ons with a programmer and you get to alugh at them when they ask if you've got it 'chipped'
hmm i still dont mess with em when i see them lol, i didnt kno we actually stood a chance, seen numerous videos on youtube of them beating us and my friends lifted tundra on 35's barely looses to my buddies 4x4 hemi with fat ass mudders
14" magnaflow with custom magna y-pipe, 8k heads and fogs, hella FF 500's, 5% tint all the way, 60" LED brake light, Smoked tails and 3rd, Ballistic Jesters in 275/55/20 zeon ltz, color matched handles/mirrors, painted calipers, L.E.D interior, debadged & Viper 5901, 180 t-stat
Old 10-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Addicted to the Z

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHemI View Post
When your right your right. I did some research on it after I got home and did not realize that it packs around 385 HP. It is also lighter than mine and sports posi traction. I'm guessing since his was bone stock and mine has the K&N drop-in with FM 40 and the 91 tune, it was the reason I so handily took him down. I mean there was no competition on the second run as I had time to check my mirror and merge into his lane.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RansRAM View Post
When your right your right. I did some research on it after I got home and did not realize that it packs around 385 HP. It is also lighter than mine and sports posi traction. I'm guessing since his was bone stock and mine has the K&N drop-in with FM 40 and the 91 tune, it was the reason I so handily took him down. I mean there was no competition on the second run as I had time to check my mirror and merge into his lane.
lol eh ill give one a shot but no one likes losing! especially to a tundra
Old 02-14-2012, 03:15 PM

Vehicle: 2006 Ram 2500
Color: White
Engine: 2005-20?? 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 610 24-Valve Diesel I6 325hp 610 lb/ft
Rep:26
Moose612 is on a distinguished road

Yeah I try to avoid Tundras, they are pretty quick and alot of them are running the same bolt ons and tuners. Especially around military bases lol. So the third gen rams sadly get left behind. But fords are a whole other story haha.