DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2009 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2009 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2009 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: green flying carpet
Trim Level: upper and lower
Rep:73
xsdbs will become famous soon enough

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, The list that is currently on the Chrysler website is way not current. If you look closely, you will notice the the list is dated 3-2011. That actually means that the listed phones are from the 4th qtr of 2010. Why do I say that? Because Chrysler receives their tested phone list by the qtr. The 1st qtr isn't received till the 1st or 2nd week of April.
I will seek out a moderator to see if I can get some help to post a much more current list of phones than what is available on the Chrysler websites.
@ GT,
Can you explain the comment below about the music formats? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyankee View Post
Just a short note of interest

The list of phones that work with Uconnect, is Not the only phones that will work with Uconnect. That list is only the phones that have been TESTED & found to work. There are several phones that are not on the list that work perfectly well with Uconnect, they just have not been tested by the people that make the list.

Another thing i noticed, the Chrysler product radios don't work well with the music format that Apple products use, like AAC & MP4, depending on the radio of course
Sponsored links
Old 03-02-2012, 08:55 PM

Podcasts are streamed also, so those will also work. Let us know if you need more assistance, ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpjet View Post
Thanks for the replies. Will give it a test run tomorrow on the way to work. Have a few songs on my phone and will try that but what I want to do is play podcasts that I downloaded while using google directions. Will give an update ASAP.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Flame Red Clearcoat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
jumpjet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsdbs View Post
Hey, no problem. I know that the members here (and other forums) are between a rock and a hard spot, especially seeing how you can't get the right assistance from Chrysler customer support or the dealers. So let's see if we can get you going. Ok
First, have you transferred any music files to your phone, if not yet then can you add some to it. This will make the process easier. If not then you can also use any media player that you may have an app for, such as Slacker radio or Pandora. If you have either of the apps or the music files on the phone, then now we can start the process.

On the face of the radio you should have an "AUX" button. Press that button, you may have to press it twice to get it to the streaming audio mode (where your music from the phone is being played on the stereo). Once you are playing the phones music (and if you have already put a destination into Google maps), start driving, as you're driving and Google maps start giving directions, the music will fade out, then directions will be given. When the directions are finished being said, then the music will fade back in. This will continue until you have reached your destination.
Please try this and if you need further help, let me know.
Okay, tried what you said and either I'm a real idiot or there is something wrong with this radio. This is what I did from beginning to end with IHEART music and GOOGLE maps running on my phone(also tried with a pod casts). I have a CD AUX button on my radio, pushed it once and nothing, pushed it twice and still nothing. Put a CD in the player and pushed the button and the radio displayed "AUXILLARY NOT CONNECTED". Plugged the phone into the AUX jack and directions can be very faintly heard with no change in the music volumn, no fade in or fade out like in your video. Is there some type of "programming" that I have to do to the phone and/or radio besides bluetooth pairing? Just frustrating....
Old 03-05-2012, 09:32 AM

Tell you what I'm going to do, I'll look around for an RES radio and try this out using the same radio that you have. There really should not be any difference. Let me look into this and I'll get back with you, ok. I know this is frustrating but have some more patience ok. (I'm sure they are close to the end).

Quote:
Okay, tried what you said and either I'm a real idiot or there is something wrong with this radio. This is what I did from beginning to end with IHEART music and GOOGLE maps running on my phone(also tried with a pod casts). I have a CD AUX button on my radio, pushed it once and nothing, pushed it twice and still nothing. Put a CD in the player and pushed the button and the radio displayed "AUXILLARY NOT CONNECTED". Plugged the phone into the AUX jack and directions can be very faintly heard with no change in the music volumn, no fade in or fade out like in your video. Is there some type of "programming" that I have to do to the phone and/or radio besides bluetooth pairing? Just frustrating....
Old 03-06-2012, 03:14 PM

Well, I got an RES radio and started the testing. What I found out is, as you mentioned when playing iHeart radio and the music fades out for the directions to be heard, the nav volume is extremely low. This was the same for Slacker radio also, however it was not the same with Pandora or with music files from the phone.
I was discussing this with my supervisor and he picked up his phone, hmm he just happens to have a contact at iHeart radio. So he sent an email out about this issue. Hopefully we'll hear back from him soon. The APP controls the fade in and out as well as the volume for each content so there is a gain issue.
I have mad another short video today while taking my kids to school.
http://youtu.be/7lEeJyQkLMA
Check it out and maybe try a Pandora or even your phones music / podcast.

Quote:
Tell you what I'm going to do, I'll look around for an RES radio and try this out using the same radio that you have. There really should not be any difference. Let me look into this and I'll get back with you, ok. I know this is frustrating but have some more patience ok. (I'm sure they are close to the end).
Old 03-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Quote:
Well, I got an RES radio and started the testing. What I found out is, as you mentioned when playing iHeart radio and the music fades out for the directions to be heard, the nav volume is extremely low. This was the same for Slacker radio also, however it was not the same with Pandora or with music files from the phone.
I was discussing this with my supervisor and he picked up his phone, hmm he just happens to have a contact at iHeart radio. So he sent an email out about this issue. Hopefully we'll hear back from him soon. The APP controls the fade in and out as well as the volume for each content so there is a gain issue.
I have mad another short video today while taking my kids to school.
http://youtu.be/7lEeJyQkLMA
Check it out and maybe try a Pandora or even your phones music / podcast.
Thanks for the video, sure looks easy. Tried step for step what you did but still does not work. Pushing the DISC/AUX button (phone BT connected), all I get on the display is AUXILLARY NOT CONNECTED. Took the truck in today to a Dodge dealership for an unrelated issue and asked them about this. Was told that my phone wasn't supported.(Looked up the Dodge Uconnect) site that I attached in an earlier response.Told them, WRONG, showed them your video and nobody has seen that before. Service rep said he would get back to me after he made some phone calls. Said there might be a software update that needs to be done on the radio. Just dont know what is going on with this but really appreciate all your help.

Last edited by jumpjet; 03-07-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added something
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 AM

Ok, so now let me ask perhaps a dumb question. In an earlier post, you mentioned listening to iHeart radio and that you could barely hear the volume for the directions, but now you say that you're not getting anything when you press the "AUX" button? I wonder what is different because in order for the iHeart radio to play, you were in BT mode, correct? If you pressed the "AUX" button, then pressed it again, what does the display show? If you press it again does it change or does it always say Aux...not connected?
If when you are in the radio mode, you press the VR button (voice) and say "go to Bluetooth streaming audio", what happens?

Quote:
Thanks for the video, sure looks easy. Tried step for step what you did but still does not work. Pushing the DISC/AUX button (phone BT connected), all I get on the display is AUXILLARY NOT CONNECTED. Took the truck in today to a Dodge dealership for an unrelated issue and asked them about this. Was told that my phone wasn't supported.(Looked up the Dodge Uconnect) site that I attached in an earlier response.Told them, WRONG, showed them your video and nobody has seen that before. Service rep said he would get back to me after he made some phone calls. Said there might be a software update that needs to be done on the radio. Just dont know what is going on with this but really appreciate all your help.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

When I mentioned that the directions were barley audible it was with the phone plugged into the AUX jack and IHEART playing, pushing the AUX button with nothing plugged in shows only "AUXILLARY NOT CONNECTED". I cannot get BT mode no matter what I do on the radio. My options when pushing the VR button are, Radio,Disc,Memo,and System Setup. Phone is connected to UCONNECT when I'm doing all the things you are recommending. Pushing the VR button and saying "go to Bluetooth streaming audio" does nothing but move to a different frequency. If you would like me to make a video of what I am doing and what is happening, let me know of what you would like to see and I will do the best I can. Once again, I REALLY appreciate all your help and replies.

Last edited by jumpjet; 03-09-2012 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Want to add something
Old 03-10-2012, 09:16 AM

CRAP, I just had a total "Duh" moment. I am on 7 different forums trying to help people and sometimes I don't pay 100% attention to the little things. I was sitting here with a cup of coffee and reading thru our notes. I apologize for not catching this sooner. I looked up at your information:
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) HemiV8 390hp 407lb/ft

your truck is a 2009, correct? Chrysler Uconnect did not start supporting Bluetooth streaming audio until 2011 because the radio did not have the SW to support it. Now you have a couple of choices of how to proceed from here:
1) You find a 2011 Chrysler radio, UC module and replace the parts. There is a guy on another forum that just upgrade his 2012 RES to a NAV radio. He's asking $150 for the radio. His upgrade was to a different radio (RHR, I think it was) but he's not using the UC module either. You may be able to get a deal on both parts.

2) As another member here will say, go with an aftermarket radio with built in BT. You may get more bang for the buck.
Right GT?

Oh, there is of course a 3rd option, Buy a new truck. (just kidding)

Like I said though, Sorry that I just caught this about your vehicle

Quote:
When I mentioned that the directions were barley audible it was with the phone plugged into the AUX jack and IHEART playing, pushing the AUX button with nothing plugged in shows only "AUXILLARY NOT CONNECTED". I cannot get BT mode no matter what I do on the radio. My options when pushing the VR button are, Radio,Disc,Memo,and System Setup. Phone is connected to UCONNECT when I'm doing all the things you are recommending. Pushing the VR button and saying "go to Bluetooth streaming audio" does nothing but move to a different frequency. If you would like me to make a video of what I am doing and what is happening, let me know of what you would like to see and I will do the best I can. Once again, I REALLY appreciate all your help and replies.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

[QUOTE=xsdbs;746241]CRAP, I just had a total "Duh" moment. I am on 7 different forums trying to help people and sometimes I don't pay 100% attention to the little things. I was sitting here with a cup of coffee and reading thru our notes. I apologize for not catching this sooner. I looked up at your information:

your truck is a 2009, correct? Chrysler Uconnect did not start supporting Bluetooth streaming audio until 2011 because the radio did not have the SW to support it. Now you have a couple of choices of how to proceed from here:
1) You find a 2011 Chrysler radio, UC module and replace the parts. There is a guy on another forum that just upgrade his 2012 RES to a NAV radio. He's asking $150 for the radio. His upgrade was to a different radio (RHR, I think it was) but he's not using the UC module either. You may be able to get a deal on both parts.

Oh, there is of course a 3rd option, Buy a new truck. (just kidding)

Like I said though, Sorry that I just caught this about your vehicle

Not a problem, just glad that it's over with and actually you solved the problem without me going back to the dealership and wasting more time. Now another question. Are there two different parts to this set-up? Sounds like by your response there is one module for UC and one for the radio, is that correct? If it is, I'm guessing that both would have to be replaced for what I want to do. If I'm going to do that, I just might want to get a touch screen radio. Any suggestions where to look around at? Ebay? Amazon? Is there a link on this site for used equipment? Maybe I'm not seeing the store link or something. Your right though, a new truck would solve the problem. Donations will be accepted! (HA HA) Thanks again for all your help! Hopefully the next time I need answers for a problem you'll run across it.