DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road
Default Cooper Discoverer AT3 or Zeon LTZ??

An opportunity presented itself when someone offered to buy my Goodyear HP's. Only 4k miles on them, but a friend offered to buy them for $400. It was always my intention to peel them off and get some sort of A/T tire for my new Ram, but with such a mild winter this year I never bothered to get a different tire.

The good folks on this forum constantly rave about this Zeon LTZ, but Cooper recently came out with this newer AT3 tire that claims to be better in every category except dry traction (their charts....not mine). My driving consists of mostly highway miles but around these parts we typically get lots of snow during the winter with this one being a rare season. My truck is a daily driver to work (suit and tie guy), but weekends the truck is used for weekend projects, and recreational use like snowmobiling / hunting.

Since my buddy is a Cooper Tire dealer, cost on these tires is a gonna be a great so I really feel like I can't make a bad decision on either tire. I really love the aggressive looks of the Zeon LTZ, but can't help to wonder if the better all around tire might be the AT3.

I've got nothing good to say about these Goodyear HP's, and in the little bit of snow this year we did have they scared the sh*t out of me.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: big horn
Color: blue
Rep:19
11bighornblue is on a distinguished road

I am probualy going to be getting the cooper zeons today. My Wrangler HP's are junk and one literally blew a quarter size hole in itself yesterday while I was driving on the highway. Never seen anything like it. Ill let you know how I like them
Old 02-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyBrownDog View Post
The good folks on this forum constantly rave about this Zeon LTZ, but Cooper recently came out with this newer AT3 tire that claims to be better in every category except dry traction (their charts....not mine). My driving consists of mostly highway miles but around these parts we typically get lots of snow during the winter with this one being a rare season. My truck is a daily driver to work (suit and tie guy), but weekends the truck is used for weekend projects, and recreational use like snowmobiling / hunting.

Since my buddy is a Cooper Tire dealer, cost on these tires is a gonna be a great so I really feel like I can't make a bad decision on either tire. I really love the aggressive looks of the Zeon LTZ, but can't help to wonder if the better all around tire might be the AT3.

Any thoughts?
I cant say much to the AT3 tire that they have out now. I personally ended up getting the Zeon LTZ and love them. I use my truck mainly for on road use with a little bit of off road here and there. The only real complaint I have with these tires is they are a little bit noisy on the highway...but the awesome sound system these trucks have drains that out. I've put about 6k or so miles on these tires with no issues so far.

Chrome... in moderation.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I've heard good things about the AT3's but haven't had them. I love my zeon's, probably the best tire I've ever used. I have about 15k miles on them now and they have very little wear. They are also very quiet on the highway. I don't really go off road so can't comment on their abilities, but they sure look aggressive so I bet they perform well lol. They are a great looking tire and also perform exceptionally well in water for an AT.

I won't be buying them again just because I'm going for more of a sporty look than an aggressive look now, but if I was going to keep the aggressive look, I'd never go to another tire, I'd keep buying them over and over again...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

I ended up getting the AT3's I decided on the AT3 because of the 55k mile warranty the guy said the Zeon have no mileage warranty.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:13 PM

snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

Let us know how you like them. Post some pics also we love pics!

I like coopers because they are made in USA!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Ill get some pics up tomorrow morning. At least ill try there is a snow storm coming so I get to see how they work on the way to work tomorrow
Old 02-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arth View Post
I cant say much to the AT3 tire that they have out now. I personally ended up getting the Zeon LTZ and love them. I use my truck mainly for on road use with a little bit of off road here and there. The only real complaint I have with these tires is they are a little bit noisy on the highway...but the awesome sound system these trucks have drains that out. I've put about 6k or so miles on these tires with no issues so far.

VERY NICE.....thanks for sharing the pic. Almost every single ZEON LTZ picture I've come across is like a 50-55, and what looks like a 305 width so it's nice to see the OEM 20's. I've yet to see either of these Cooper tires in person but hoping to get over to my friends shop after work this week. Do you have any others you could share?

I really like the aggressive look of the Zeon LTZ, but the noise was a slight concern which I knew was very likely going to an A/T tire. My bigger concern was the fact that no warranty existed from Cooper. That seemed weird. I've never made a warranty claim on any tire, but I often use a warranty to gauge the tread life of a tire when buying for the most part.

Love the idea of a buying an American made tire, but also bummed about them not offering a OWL( Outline White Lettering).

Thanks for the info!
Old 02-28-2012, 03:49 PM

^They do offer OWL. They are also no noisier than the stock good years were. Here's mine, 265 70 17:

Old 02-28-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11bighornblue View Post
Ill get some pics up tomorrow morning. At least ill try there is a snow storm coming so I get to see how they work on the way to work tomorrow
Very cool....please post as many as possible. Again, I haven't seen any AT3's on Ram's other than the 2500 another member posted. However, the reviews I keep reading sound very promising on the tire. The only complaint people have with the AT3 is it's ability to pick up stones which is a common with deep grooves. Even my Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo2 could pick up stones on the off road hunting roads. It's hardly a concern for me as I bought a truck to be used as a truck.

Some jerk-off texting while driving can do far more damage to my truck than me using it off a paved road any day.

Thanks for the post guys....