DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires

Notices

Dodge Ram Wheels And Tires General discussion related to wheels and tires.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: big horn
Color: blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:19
11bighornblue is on a distinguished road

My bad. I was getting all confused. Whatever they are I am very happy with them so far.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:108
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

Cooper used to make the Discoverer ATR, the new AT3s replaced them. Here is another pic of my AT3s. As I stated in my reveiw of them before, they are a great tire everywhere except if U intend to run mud a lot.

Last edited by ridgerunnerseoinc; 02-29-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:59 PM

Vehicle: 2010 2500
Trim Level: slt
Color: white
Rep:108
ridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enoughridgerunnerseoinc will become famous soon enough

AT3s in PA mud. Tread packs up with mud. They will clean out some when spun but not good enough for me in mud country. Other all season or all terrain tires won't fair any better than these did either.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:11 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Rep:20
HeyBrownDog is on a distinguished road

Well....I'm pretty much even more confused with this Cooper ATP in the mix now. I get the impression that it's kinda a cross between the new AT3, and the Zeon LTZ. The reason I say this is that the technical specs are so similar to the AT3 as far as warranty, treadwear, traction, and load rating. Even when you read the narrative about it on Discount Tire's website, it claims to be made out of a silica base material similar to the AT3. I have to say....I'm really liking them even more, and I can't believe that I've overlooked them. Probably because I was doing all my research on Cooper's website where they don't exist.

Since they are only on Discount Tire's website, but buddy's shop can't even get them if I wanted them. Turns out, his price on Cooper (although good), aren't much better than if I order from Discount Tire Direct, and shipped them free to the house (Zeon or AT3)

The Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo2 are on backorder (apparently another popular tire), and my buddy can't even get me the Cooper Discoverer ATP. I'd feel like d*ck ordering from Discount Tire even though he can't get that tire....but seriously...WTF? I finally narrow it down to a couple tires, and I can't even get them.

Gotta figure something out fairly quick, as my other buddy is getting impatient as I rack up the miles on my HP's.

Thanks for all the info guys....much appreciated!
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: big horn
Color: blue
Rep:19
11bighornblue is on a distinguished road

I was looking at the Revos also before I found these tires
Old 03-04-2012, 11:53 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram QC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Deepwater Pearl
Rep:10
tclark is on a distinguished road

I have some questions about the LTZ's. I have a 2WD with stock suspension and the stock 20X8 silver painted wheels on my truck with the HP's 275/60/20. A guy at work just put some LTZ's 275/60/20 on his GMC. The Coopers seem to be taller than the Goodyears. I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison due to the parking lot at work is a mud hole. Does anyone know if they are the same size? The websites say they are but they don't look it. I have had my heart set on the LTZ's for a few months now but I don't want them to look stuffed under my truck. Any info and pics would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-05-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tclark View Post
I have some questions about the LTZ's. I have a 2WD with stock suspension and the stock 20X8 silver painted wheels on my truck with the HP's 275/60/20. A guy at work just put some LTZ's 275/60/20 on his GMC. The Coopers seem to be taller than the Goodyears. I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison due to the parking lot at work is a mud hole. Does anyone know if they are the same size? The websites say they are but they don't look it. I have had my heart set on the LTZ's for a few months now but I don't want them to look stuffed under my truck. Any info and pics would be greatly appreciated!
For some reason I don't think they are taller, but there is a perception of them being wider because of the tread design.

Sean seems to know a lot about these LTZ's....I'll wait for him to chime in.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I didn't measure before and after, but can say that the zeon's appear both slightly wider and taller than the goodyears did. They are the same size(265 70 17). FYI all tire manufacturers will vary in size(both width and height) by a small amount. Also, tread width is different than overall tire width, and usually they give a separate delineation for tread width on the tire info sheet. Overall tire width is max width at sidewall to sidewall, not necessarily tread width.

IMO the tires don't even look close to "stuffed" under these 4th gen rams. There's so much wheel well in new trucks, you could probably mount 33" or 35" tires with no rubbing. IMO my tires are as small as I'd want to go for the size of the wheel well...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:51 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman 4x4
Trim Level: Outdoorsman - Rambox
Color: Black Crystal - Gray
Rep:83
wvcoolvinilla will become famous soon enough

OK now I need help because I'm going to Cooper ( I hope) but I really want RWL I thought the at3'sw came in RWL in 20" is that not correct? I have come to love the look of the Wrangler HP's in RWL on my truck.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcoolvinilla View Post
OK now I need help because I'm going to Cooper ( I hope) but I really want RWL I thought the at3'sw came in RWL in 20" is that not correct? I have come to love the look of the Wrangler HP's in RWL on my truck.
The AT3 comes in white outlined lettering for just about every tire size except the 20's!!!!!

I wish I was wrong as I want OWL tires in 20's too. I think your choices are Bridgestones, Firestone, Generals, and maybe Michelin's which are a great tire but pricey. Course there are Goodyear....but not worth mentioning. My HP's spun in the wet grass over the weekend, and I had to place the truck in 4wd lock just to move the truck. Pathetic...

I'd like 30 seconds in a closed room with the genius who thought putting HP's on a truck was a good idea.