DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD
Register Advertising Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2015 Ram 1500 Express Blackout
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:10
Woody146 is on a distinguished road
Default Please help

Had panhard bar and belltech sp lowering shocks installed today.

First off...shocks make a HUGE difference.

I am having some issues with alignment now. Had panhard bar adjusted..axel now centered. Is the adjustable panhard bar supposed to be at 100% level or slightly off? The spohn sits slightly uneven. I feel like it was level with the oem one on but I never looked to see if it was 100% level or slightly off.

Next I'm having issues with alignment...left front cannot be aligned past .07...the truck has no more room...needs an inch...

I feel that the truck sags about that much on the left front side..but I cannot be sure.

The place I had align it said take it back to the dealer ship because it is not right.

The truck pulls left...and cannot be fixed....?

I have spent 800$ to fix what the dealership did...I am ****ing PISSED.

I am going to go down there on Thursday to see what they say.

Anyone else having all these issues with the lowering process?
2-4 bell tech stage 3 drop, spohn adjustable panhard bar, flowmaster exhaust (super 40 series, black chrome 4" tips) 20% tint front and back window, antennax 13', S&B CAI, Line-X- bed liner, oem tow hitch re-installed, kicker speakers, pioneer sub, Rockford amp
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2015, 11:00 PM

not 100% level with the ground but pretty close...and the wheels are now centered in the rear.

So the only issue I'm having is aligning the front end..the drivers side..any one else having this issue? And what do your lowered spohn bars look like? Level or like mine?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (122.1 KB, 18 views)
2-4 bell tech stage 3 drop, spohn adjustable panhard bar, flowmaster exhaust (super 40 series, black chrome 4" tips) 20% tint front and back window, antennax 13', S&B CAI, Line-X- bed liner, oem tow hitch re-installed, kicker speakers, pioneer sub, Rockford amp
Old 02-09-2015, 11:05 PM

Alignment printout
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (125.6 KB, 14 views)
Old 02-10-2015, 10:26 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: Laramie Crew
Color: Western Brown two tone (Hershey Bar)
Rep:39
jlc41 is on a distinguished road

Looks to me like the right rear mounting point is lower than the left side, causing the bar not to be level. I don't know if that's the way it should be or not.
tint, drop in bed liner, Avs window shades, Raptor bed rails, Dee Zee tail gate damper, Genos cabin air filter, Bak Roll-x cover, Weather tech mud flaps, Recon Xtrem tailgate bar, Moroso catch can, DoMore Slide Step, 5/16 Dual pin stripe, Reese lighted hitch cover, Master lock for hitch receiver, Truxedo bed lites, Hunter SS bull bar, Road Runner embroidered head rests, Plasticolor rear flaps with metal Ram logo, Mopar sill plates.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:34 PM

That's the relocation bracket from the belltech kit..it made the bar sit level but the axel was shifted to the passenger side. Now the axel is centerd...and the bar is no longer perfectly level...still pretty close though.

My big issue is the alignment of the front wheels..it pulls very hard left...which it did not do with the axel centered..the alignment place did nothing else besides the rear axle as they had my truck on the alignment machine trying to make the front driver wheel good, but they could not..they could only match the passenger side but would wear the tires funny and I would have to rotate every 3000 miles...which is not ok with me..something is not right.

To me it looks like the drivers side sags about an inch...which is how much the alignment place said they needed..so that COULD be the issue...but what is causing it to sag...I do not know.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:10 PM

Vehicle: 2014 Ram Sport R/T
Trim Level: Sport R/T
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
The Q is on a distinguished road

You might want to make sure both front springs are seated in the rubber like the stock springs were. You can also try swapping the left and right springs (front only) to see if the problem improves. As a last resort, contact BellTech. I know I had read somewhere that someone else had an issue with a rear spring and BellTech replaced it and the problem was solved. When I had an issue with the BellTech front shocks, they were very quick to replace them. I didn't even have to return the others!
BellTech 2/4 Lowering Kit, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, AirLift Durango Air Lift Suspension Bags, Spohn Adjustable Upper, Lower Control Arms and PanHard Bar, Short Front Sway Bar Links, TonnoPro Tri-Fold Cover, BedRug Bed Liner, R/T Embroidered Head Rests, Billet Tech Catch Can and Engine Jewelry, S&B CAI
Old 02-11-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Q View Post
You might want to make sure both front springs are seated in the rubber like the stock springs were. You can also try swapping the left and right springs (front only) to see if the problem improves. As a last resort, contact BellTech. I know I had read somewhere that someone else had an issue with a rear spring and BellTech replaced it and the problem was solved. When I had an issue with the BellTech front shocks, they were very quick to replace them. I didn't even have to return the others!
I was reading that as well..also..there is a left and right spring for the front...and I've also read someone got a weak front spring and got a new one and it was different.

I am getting my tow hitch and bed liner installed tomorrow and will make dealer fix what they did.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody146 View Post
I was reading that as well..also..there is a left and right spring for the front...and I've also read someone got a weak front spring and got a new one and it was different.

I am getting my tow hitch and bed liner installed tomorrow and will make dealer fix what they did.
There is no "left or right" spring. But for some odd reason, people have had success swapping springs like that. I tend to believe the springs may not have been seated properly in the groove that the stock spring leaves in the rubber insulator and when swapped they get it seated correctly. Just my guess though.
BellTech 2/4 Lowering Kit, 22mm Rear Sway Bar, AirLift Durango Air Lift Suspension Bags, Spohn Adjustable Upper, Lower Control Arms and PanHard Bar, Short Front Sway Bar Links, TonnoPro Tri-Fold Cover, BedRug Bed Liner, R/T Embroidered Head Rests, Billet Tech Catch Can and Engine Jewelry, S&B CAI
Old 02-12-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Q View Post
There is no "left or right" spring. But for some odd reason, people have had success swapping springs like that. I tend to believe the springs may not have been seated properly in the groove that the stock spring leaves in the rubber insulator and when swapped they get it seated correctly. Just my guess though.
On belltechs faq page..it has a question that is dodge specific. States one side sags more than the other. Belltechs answer is "there is a driver and passenger side spring, each stamped with a "p" and "d"...this is what is says on belltechs site.

I am confident the dealership will be able to fix it...I will mention the rubber boot insulator.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody146 View Post
On belltechs faq page..it has a question that is dodge specific. States one side sags more than the other. Belltechs answer is "there is a driver and passenger side spring, each stamped with a "p" and "d"...this is what is says on belltechs site.
Wow!!! I guess you wouldn't know this unless you have problems and check the FAQ page. I definitely don't recall seeing it in their install sheet Guess I got lucky when I installed mine.