DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-09-2012, 02:28 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 2WD SLT Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RC DuDe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS4Luck View Post
Wow man that looks like great work!
Thanks SS4Luck.

I'll update on the springs after I put some more miles on them.

Last edited by RC DuDe; 03-09-2012 at 03:02 AM.
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Blue
rscwboy is on a distinguished road

well im hoping everything goes good for you. i have another post that talks about the problems that i had with mine settleing wrong. i have to remove mine this weekend and take it back to stock hieghth and return my kit to jegs. i called belltech and they are changing their website to be only for 2009 and 2010. the 963SP will not fit the 2011-2012. they are awaiting a vehicle to start R&D, theyre expecting a month to start R&D....so now im back on the market for a correct drop kit
Old 03-10-2012, 01:41 PM

Thanks rscwboy for the info. I think a quick way to identify some of the problems here is to switch the springs around. If my truck tilts to the other side then I'd say its the springs settling unevenly. I seriously doubt there is any difference between the year applications here. Dodge lists all the same part numbers for 2009-2011 suspensions. Also I haven't found another manufacturer of lowering kits that's having this problem. Can anyone else chime in on that?
Old 03-10-2012, 01:50 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

This should be interesting as I just installed the 963SP kit on my 2011 Ram CC and so far have no issues. All the corners measure identical to one another so far, I had Dodge re-align it today and they gave the green light on it so I'm thinking everything is alright for now. Maybe as the springs settle things might not work out so well, we'll see.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: 5
Color: black
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
D999 is on a distinguished road

off 2 Ramfd: check your private messages, please...
Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 03:19 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

sorry i dont see anything in my inbox??????
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram qc express 2wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
redrum is on a distinguished road

i was told by a belltech rep on friday that there is no axle shift, and they now supply short rear end links. can someone verify this? there should not be a difference in the years b/c they all have the same suspension from factory....
Old 03-26-2012, 01:31 PM

I can't believe that manufacturers are not honestly providing truthful information. McGaughy states they never heard of front track width increasing with the use of their spindles. BellTech states that there will be no axle shift when using their lowering kit.

While I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination I know how to research things. Sometimes a little too late and not enough.

There is plenty of talk on multiple forums regarding lowering / lifting trucks with panhard rods / track bars and the effect on axle positioning when changing the truck height. Many different fixes also can be found from drilling new holes in the factory frame mount to making the panhard rod adjustable or purchasing an adjustable one. I found a simple picture that will maybe help explain or illustrate the movement that will be experienced when lowering without correction. McGaughy knows this which is why they provide a relocating bracket with some of their kits.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg panhard_displacement.jpg (22.2 KB, 113 views)
Old 03-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum View Post
i was told by a belltech rep on friday that there is no axle shift, and they now supply short rear end links. can someone verify this? there should not be a difference in the years b/c they all have the same suspension from factory....
I'm willing to call them and ask for the shorter end links since they sold us the kits. I just wonder how that effects the description RC Dude posted below with the Pan Hard Bar. I'm not what you'd call an "engineer", and telemetry isn't exactly my "strong suit" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC DuDe View Post
I can't believe that manufacturers are not honestly providing truthful information. McGaughy states they never heard of front track width increasing with the use of their spindles. BellTech states that there will be no axle shift when using their lowering kit.

While I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination I know how to research things. Sometimes a little too late and not enough.

There is plenty of talk on multiple forums regarding lowering / lifting trucks with panhard rods / track bars and the effect on axle positioning when changing the truck height. Many different fixes also can be found from drilling new holes in the factory frame mount to making the panhard rod adjustable or purchasing an adjustable one. I found a simple picture that will maybe help explain or illustrate the movement that will be experienced when lowering without correction. McGaughy knows this which is why they provide a relocating bracket with some of their kits.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:12 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram qc express 2wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
redrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
I'm willing to call them and ask for the shorter end links since they sold us the kits. I just wonder how that effects the description RC Dude posted below with the Pan Hard Bar. I'm not what you'd call an "engineer", and telemetry isn't exactly my "strong suit" lol

he told me i would recieve 4SP shocks, 4 coil springs, 4 bump stops, 2 shorter end links, and hardware. he also said their kit for the ram has ALWAYS came with shorter end links. i have the email if anyone is interested.