DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 ram qc express 2wd
Trim Level: Express
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
redrum is on a distinguished road

this is one of the emails i recieved from him

This is pretty typical of the question and concerns that I've seen before. Again, I personally did the test fitment this in early 2010. the shortened end links are something that have always come with our kit, hands down. Period. As far as the Pan hard bar being off, how much is off?
Sponsored links
Old 03-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Well I'll be emailing them very soon than. The kit I received from Summit had all of those parts except the shorter end links, nor are the end links even mentioned in the instructions that Belltech supplies. I find it hard to believe so many people received a kit without shorter end links in it.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Color: Blue
rscwboy is on a distinguished road

well im going to finally chime in being one of a few people that have received two of these kits...my other posts mentioned problems i was having and contact with beltech and jegs both. jegs was awesome enough to send a full second kit, packaged alot better and you tell a noticeable difference in the front springs though they were same part number, my problem was definitely a bad spring. NEITHER kit contained anything shorter: four springs, four shocks and four bump stops, alot of airbags and instructions. im now interested in these emails and to see where things go from here??? i have spent way to much time on lowering this truck
Old 03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscwboy View Post
well im going to finally chime in being one of a few people that have received two of these kits...my other posts mentioned problems i was having and contact with beltech and jegs both. jegs was awesome enough to send a full second kit, packaged alot better and you tell a noticeable difference in the front springs though they were same part number, my problem was definitely a bad spring. NEITHER kit contained anything shorter: four springs, four shocks and four bump stops, alot of airbags and instructions. im now interested in these emails and to see where things go from here??? i have spent way to much time on lowering this truck

Myself and Indeepwaterblue have both verfied with belltech that short end links SHOULD have been included with your kit. They asked him for proof of purchase and they will get his sent out. I would advise you to contact belltech and let them know. You should have no problem getting your sway bar links. Sounds like a bunch of belltech guys will be chiming in. Let the crap hit the fan, should have never happened.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:16 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum View Post
Myself and Indeepwaterblue have both verfied with belltech that short end links SHOULD have been included with your kit. They asked him for proof of purchase and they will get his sent out. I would advise you to contact belltech and let them know. You should have no problem getting your sway bar links. Sounds like a bunch of belltech guys will be chiming in. Let the crap hit the fan, should have never happened.
What he said ^^^^ lol After emailing them, they asked for confirmation about the kit and will be sending out the missing end links soon, I also sent in pictures of the difference in right shift as well for comparison. If you'd like to see them you can find them here: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90962&page=2
Old 03-27-2012, 02:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Color: Blue
rscwboy is on a distinguished road

yeah ive seen the pics, im mechanically enclined to change parts, never thought about what would happen with other end links and bars, glad yall did and took pics. i just called jegs and belltech will be this afternoon after work if no response from jegs. only called them first so they can get the right info and parts as well so noone gets wrongs kits again. thanks for all the help
Old 03-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
What he said ^^^^ lol After emailing them, they asked for confirmation about the kit and will be sending out the missing end links soon, I also sent in pictures of the difference in right shift as well for comparison. If you'd like to see them you can find them here: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=90962&page=2

Has Adam replied to your email with the pictures? I can't wait to hear what he has to say.
Old 03-27-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrum View Post
Has Adam replied to your email with the pictures? I can't wait to hear what he has to say.
Yes, he's still curious about the axle shift and think it might be a bi-product of something from Ram, as in it came like that from the factory.

"Did you take any pictures before this? are sure this is not the case from factory?"

I have other pictures of my truck but none that show close up the differences of each wheel. When talking to other people who have used the same kit they have the same issue as well. Obviously we can't rule out that it could be a factory mishap and that's the way it's supposed to be. But when you have so many people mentioning the same thing only after they've lowered there trucks it's hard to believe. Not to mention some people of gone to the lengths of either a custom fabbed set of end links, or having a bracket made up for the Pan Hard bar to relocate it and have brough the rear end back to center.

" If the geometric center line was ever changed from before, the truck would nearly be impossible to align. Please see the photo below. I’m going to look through our before and after pictures to see if I have any pictures to show this.

I haven't replied to this, not sure what more I can say lol

UPDATE
I mentioned that I will be talking to RAM as well since I have to go up there for an oil change anyhow, and he replied wanting an update of what they say as well. He's combing through their stock photos and shipping out the end links today, I've already received a tracking number. The guys over at Belltech and KW Suspensions have some of the best customer service you could ever ask for. Wish I would have contacted them sooner instead of being a little frustrated because they took care of everything. Really glad I didn't cut my end links now lol

Last edited by InDeepWaterBlue; 03-27-2012 at 05:54 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Bad news guys. My truck has 300 miles on it. Went out and looked and my passenger wheel is 3/4" further out then the driver! I took pics and will post later. This is a factory issue, not belltech, i may start a new thread on it, and also im going to dodge.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:06 PM

Well I'll be damned, please post a pic of that.