DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 01-15-2013, 05:26 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Anyone interested in BelTech kits send me your truck info, or if you have the part number for the kit you are looking for send it to me, I will get you the lowest prices on the net, and always free shipping to the lower 48 states.

We have 1 kit loaded up in the site already check it out

BELLTECH 09-11 DODGE RAM 1500 (STD CAB) 2" F/4" R W/ SP SHOCKS

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Sponsored links
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 2WD SLT Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:10
RC DuDe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS1320 View Post
To everyone that has this kit, please keep us updated!
Update; I'm leaning towards removing this kit. 75/25 . It's pretty embarrassing to volunteer and drive folks around for a night out. As my suspension is getting broken in it seems to have settled lower and bottoms out more often. It can bottom out pretty hard and scare folks riding in it. Guess I'm not as young as I once was.

Seems people are still having the same issues.

Stay tuned for another update.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM
BULLYS PERFORMANCE

Vehicle: MOPAR
Rep:931
Bully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to beholdBully's Performance is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC DuDe View Post
Update; I'm leaning towards removing this kit. 75/25 . It's pretty embarrassing to volunteer and drive folks around for a night out. As my suspension is getting broken in it seems to have settled lower and bottoms out more often. It can bottom out pretty hard and scare folks riding in it. Guess I'm not as young as I once was.

Seems people are still having the same issues.

Stay tuned for another update.
have you ever thought of installing the air helpers?(forgot the part number ill find it though if interested) i saw a few other member saying that they were bottoming out in the rear part of the truck and they installed the air helpers put 7psi in and no more bottom out.

Or by bottom out do you meen when going over a speed bump the bottom of the truck hits?

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

ALSO Feel free to PM us, OR post in our Vendor Section for quotes/questions/assistance!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:59 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

RC Dude, try going over speed bumps slower if that's what you're hitting when you bottom out. I've only bottomed out my QC with the Belltech kit once and that was when I had my buddies, washer, dryer, fridge, and book case in the back and large plastic totes in the cab. And that was going over a speed bump to quickly in the storage unit parking lot.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: 2WD SLT Crew Cab
Color: Mineral Grey
RC DuDe is on a distinguished road

I'm not talking about bottoming out while going over speed bumps or for the sake of this thread loaded at all. I live in CA and my truck is an asphalt queen. The tires rub and I hit the bump stops harshly all the time while driving at 70 MPH. I have noticed settling in my ride height drastically. I do have air bags installed and keep them aired to approx. 6-8 psi. depending on temp. The shocks are fine and not blown. I've also corrected the panhard rod issues. I'm telling you that this is embarrassing when I drive people around that aren't into modding their vehicles. They'er like what the heck is wrong with your truck. Oh you did this to it? And why?

@jhinkle1989 I'm close to you. Maybe one day I'll stop by and take you for a ride.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500 QC
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
GS1320 is on a distinguished road

Maybe these trucks need a stiffer spring, especially if there are settling issues along with bottoming out.
Old 01-17-2013, 04:30 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Demon
Color: Mango Tango Pearlcoat
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:520
joeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of lightjoeAEKDB is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe they accidentally boxed up the rear springs that are in the 964sp kit. Those are supposed to be weaker for the reg cabs.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:26 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

ya you got a bigger issue on hand, NO ONE should bottom out while doing 70 on the highway. I used to live in San Diego when I was stationed there so I know what the highway is like out there at least in SoCal. I will say there are a couple VERY rough transitions and road dips out there that even make lifted trucks drop a few inches when they hit them but other than that you shouldn't have that issue. Just thinking about it doesn't make sense, driving along smooth as can be and you suddenly bottom out... you have to be hitting some sort of difference in the road, a shock (the only part of the suspension that would collapse under normal driving conditions randomly, springs are designed to "push back") wouldn't just lose pressure sporadically that's impossible. Like Joe mentioned, maybe you got a set of Regular cab Springs in the back that are softer as they do make the 963SP Kit for Regular and Quad cabs and people in the past when the kits first came out were getting softer rear shocks which is where quite a few complaints come from. I'm guessing some guys in the stock room didn't know. Human error sucks but it happens and I personally won't bash an entire company because of it ya know. I do understand where your coming from though and whats going on with your truck sucks, I also don't deny that if I was you I would be hesitant with a future purchase from BT. Also your tires shouldn't be rubbing, who ever did you alignment did a bad job, I drove my truck with stock 20's and now with the R/T's and I've never rubbed anything although the 20's do fill in the front fender really well.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram LoneStar Quad
Trim Level: LoneStar-SLT
Color: Black
2011lonestarhemi is on a distinguished road

I am thinking of taking off my lowering kit too. I have rubbed the front fender-wells when going 70+ too. I like the look, I think if I bought lower profile tires it would be better. I just don't want to spend money on lower profile front tires.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I have had my kit for a year now. I can say at times i could rub my stock front tires on the fender liner on an unexpected dip in the road. As for the rear, It bottomed out all the time while unloaded. It was very harsh and not cool at all. But once i installed the airlift 1000 kit part #60824 and inflated to 8psi I have not had nay issues with bottoming out. Over all the kits seem to have a few issues here and there but it is slowly getting to the right point. It just sucks that it takes this long to work the bugs out. you would think that a company like BT would have done a bit more testing prior to sending the kits out. I first did not get my sway bar end links in my kit, then I had the bottoming issue that required an added kit to aid to ride quality, then I had the off center axle with a pan hard bar the was angled severly. I finaly got the new pan hard bar bracket and that did fix the pan hard bar angle issue but the axle is still off center and shifted too far to the passenger side. So i am still going to have to buy an adjustable pan hard bar. Even with all these minor issues, i still love the stance and ride of the truck. Just wished i had know what i was getting into from the begining, but i dont think any body knew that the kit was going to have this many issues.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20