DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD

Notices

Custom Chassis - Drive Line - Suspension - Wheels and Tires - LOWERING or STANDARD Discuss anything related to Custom Dodge Ram Wheels, Tires, Brakes, Suspension Mods, Chassis Mods and Tuning, Towing options, Driveline, Differentials, Sway Bars, Lowering Springs, Strut Braces, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-18-2013, 10:11 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 1500
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral grey
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
Ramoverrock is on a distinguished road

So I am getting ready to run this kit (963sp) on my 2013 crew cab. I can tell you this thread has me worried about sinking $600+ into this kit....
I really cannot afford to bottom out like y'all say it does. I am in louisiana. If I can't turn out of a parking lot and jar myself and truck I will just go with a 2" level coil in the rear. I was going to run the airbags in the rear but some of you are saying that isn't helping.... And what about the front?? Seems like they need to get the kinks worked out before I buy one...
Sponsored links
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

I bottom out almost everyday. I only have about 3/4"-1" clearance to the bumpstops in the rear, does this sound right? Front is great, rear is a lil rough. Mainly the bridges goin town, they have some crazy dips.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 AM

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram 1500 2x4
Trim Level: express
Color: white
Rep:134
hodgeee will become famous soon enoughhodgeee will become famous soon enough

I never bottomed out my truck as of yet, but I do even with 2" SMALLER tires rub the liner a bit on big whoop de doos in the front. My issue with the rear is that it stuck out the driver side .5" until the spohn bar. Also my rear driver side tire only went 3" lower but got 4" from the passenger side. I swapped the spring, and the same thing, but funny enough, the stock springs were exactly the same height when I put them next to eachother, as the BellTech springs were. This annoyed the hell out of me. I tried contacting BT several times, and left messages on their phone, no return calls or emails in 4 months. I finally cut one full coil off the top of the spring(say goodbye warrenty), and my truck sits nice and pretty now. Only issue is that when the rear end drops down to its maximum limit, which is limited to the SP shocks, the driver side spring is only marginally on the mounts, while the passenger side spring feels real solid in its mount. Now nothing to worry about cause I jerked the hell out of the driver side spring and I cant get it to shift or move, it just doesn't have the same pressure on it since cutting it. I took the truck to the track and ran it hard on several corners and cannot tell any difference in the handling, but I would not try to cut any more. I did also two days ago help a friend pick up a 580lb safe for his rifles, At this point the driver side sat about 1/4" lower than the passenger side after putting in the safe. Looked completely level to the front. So i have no issues any more, but did not like the fact I had to cut my spring.

Also I don't know if it is stated, but the truck is no way gonna be able to put 1200lbs in the back without bottoming out, good thing is that I am not using my truck to carry that much stuff anyway. I didn't even think I would have put a safe in the back.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

I just put my kit on saturday and i cant say enough good things about it and i have no clue what number your calling but i get an answer right away. Got the free panhard bracket this is my only complaint i had to convince it with a sledgehammer to go where it was needed. Other then that the alignment shop got it spot on camber is off a tad bit but nothing that will cause tire wear. As far as the ride i have 22'' rims and have yet to bottom out. Its even all the way around
Old 03-20-2013, 11:34 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Color: Flame Red
Rep:512
shawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of lightshawnu is a glorious beacon of light

I had by buddies honda fortrax 250 and i was resting on bumpstops. I might contact belltech and see if they make shorter ones that fit, or just trim mine.
12 RCSB Express- 5%Tint, Gatorhyde spray-in, Black OEM Tips, Plasti Dip badges and Interior, CBE muffler, Kenwood DDX370, Ks3.5s, Pioneer 6x9s, Sundown SA8v2, Kicker ZX750.1,BT 964SP, Smoked Tails, 'Dipped 22" Boss 329 on Falken 305/40s, and some LEDs...

RIP- 06 Ram NightRunner QC
Old 03-20-2013, 11:39 AM

dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

they dont make shorter ones just trim them
Old 03-20-2013, 11:48 AM

Vehicle: 2009 ram 1500 QC 2wd
Trim Level: Big horn
Color: Brilliant black pearl
Rep:150
Ramfd has a spectacular aura aboutRamfd has a spectacular aura about

I would suggest getting the airlift kit if you are going to be hauling stuff often. I bottomed out in the rear all the time on my QC but after installing the air lift kit i have yet to bottem out. I run about 7 psi in them all the time. I would not suggest triming the bump stops they are a progressive stop and the are designed to sit almost on the axle and aid in ride comfort, I would think if you trim them that it would make the ride worse when you do hit a bump. the air lift kit i used is the same one for a 2009 dodge durango. [If you use the kit for the stock springs the airbags are longer and wil create a more harsh ride.
Belltech 2/4 Drop, Mufflex delete, aFe stage II intake, Pace Edwards Jackrabbit bed cover, Rhino Linings Spray in bed liner, Debadged, Red LED bed lighting, Airlift 1000 kit (part# 60824), Nitto 420s 285/50/20
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM

Wow, just surprized soo many different problems with so many people. Biggest complaint seems to be ride heigth from one end to another. No issues with cutting a bit or trimming the spring, but come one, really! Maybe expecting a truck to be perfectly even is a little bit much, considering how many factors can go into building one, plus our cabs and beds bolt onto the frame, its not nearly as tight as unibody construction, which has to get it right or nothing would fit. I have always noticed on trucks that I have bought, a turn signal or headlight or something that doesn't quite fit perfect on both sides. I have noticed that my passenger headlamp fits better than my driver side, and that my driver side rear taillamp fits perfect and the passenger side barely fits in its housing. You gotta really look to see it, but wash my truck one time and you will catch it.

So like I am saying maybe we are execting too much.
BellTech 2/4 Street Performer, Spohn PanhandRod, Hellwig Sways, Volant Intake(Donaldson Filter), 85MM Fastman Throttle body, 14" Magnaflow, T1000 w/Hemifever Tune, 180 T-stat, 4.10 Gear Swap, Edge Street Perf - 2600 Stall, Billet Catch Can, E-Fan Swap, ARH LongTubes
Old 03-20-2013, 01:36 PM

Well measured mine at all 4 wheel wells and mines not of but maybe an 1/8 which aint shit
Old 03-21-2013, 07:43 PM

Thats good, I wouldn't care about 1/8th, in my opinion that is just about perfect. I don't know. I might just order a new rear set. At $138 for the set, that is pretty cheap and only takes about 20 minutes to swap them out, then see how my ride height is. I called again today, and Whalla, tech support answered. He said send back the rear set and they will replace them. He didn't even need to confirm purchase just send them RE: Matt.

Oh well, gues not since I cut them HA HA on me! Dhur! Plus I don't have any of my reciepts, or the stocks springs, HA HA!