If you saw a pic of your truck on a website selling Hella lights you wouldn't think "Oh shit thats me!!" for a second? lol The internet is a very un-policed place, all I can do is ask that he takes down the pic of my truck ya know...
In the mean time I'll use this opportunity to talk about a Mod I'm working on
Ha! And here you guys were thinking I was just sitting on my ass doing nothing while GotBrains, FastnUgly and Double0Ram were having all the fun lol
First off, I finally got my damn rear StopTech rotors installed. I've had the front ones on forever but the rears were never shipped to me, so they finally came in a few days a go and now they're all mounted up.
That's right I let the truck sit on a 2.5 ton jack instead of using jack stands, yell at me later for it lol
Now, onto something no one saw coming unless you're on FB. I Painted my console!! So surprise mod!!
The skinny guy in the Fox shirt, ya that's me. But check out that reflection in the paint!! Primed, painted with 3 coats DWB paint then a coat of gloss, wet sanded then another coat
And now for something totally different, I painted the shifter/cup holder bezel too
Notice there's NO texture on it, the power of sand paper is awesome
I kept the chrome ring of death and decided against painting it for the greater good of "It looks purty"
The center pieces put together
The chrome ring just sets everything apart really nicely. I could do it in black but I'm a sucker for the shiny stuff like a redneck to a bass boat with the glitter finish
Also a new addition to the truck in the console waiting on a wiring harness
7" touchscreen from Pioneer. Thought long and hard about a Kenwood set-up but got a hell of a deal on this one. Only problem is, is that because of this damn thing I have to "trim" parts of the inside dash to make it fit.
*Warning Hack Job*
TBH I know it looks like crap, but you'll never see it so I don't care lol That and my selection of small tools is damn near nothing. So I used a dremel with a sander bit and edged by way across the thing. Once I realized exactly what I had to do, and a lot more of the tan plastic on top had to go, I got a tiny drill bit and made "test holes", and lots of them lol I (kind of) followed a line I made with a sharpie and poked holes in the plastic followed by a pair of pliers and twisted all of it out. Round 400 of dremel sanding and the radio fit like a tight virgin glove. Then I ran into another problem. The dash had a NuvaRing to small for the new Double Din Head Unit. So out came the ViseGrips!! And after about 15 minutes of bending and twisting I was left with a bracket that now looks like this.
But nooo my story isn't over just yet. Ya see, none of this is installed completely yet. Because when I ordered my Radio my dumb ass forgot the stupid required aftermarket wiring harness. So after more research on Crutchfield my wiring harness will be here tomorrow afternoon via (it was cheaper) Amazon. So with a little bit of luck, some 4 letter words, and a pit stop to Radio Shack to pick up some connectors I'll have my radio all hooked up and the 2 Tone console back in place