DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 07-30-2012, 02:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

what a rip off! overpricing it!!

oh wait there's a bigger issue here!
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2012, 02:09 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
what a rip off! overpricing it!!

oh wait there's a bigger issue here!
And that's not the seller I bought it from lol Notice how he actually desn't have any pics of the product, just the one of my truck, the others are just examples... someone's gonna get duped! I sent a PM to Cajun and BlueJet just to give them a heads up. In the bigger picture I'm actually flattered my truck is on eBay, but damn at least be decent enough to ask for a pic, I would have sent you one with a closed hood and the headlights matched
Old 07-30-2012, 02:11 AM

double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

ah and leave it to you to get an ego boost out of the negative situation. good way to look at it I spose
Old 07-30-2012, 02:42 AM
Banned

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:34
Jchaney579 is on a distinguished road

Oh god this is so entertaining... Bane I am causing you more mental harm than you do giving me modd ideas!!! Makes me so happy!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:52 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

If you saw a pic of your truck on a website selling Hella lights you wouldn't think "Oh shit thats me!!" for a second? lol The internet is a very un-policed place, all I can do is ask that he takes down the pic of my truck ya know...

In the mean time I'll use this opportunity to talk about a Mod I'm working on
Ha! And here you guys were thinking I was just sitting on my ass doing nothing while GotBrains, FastnUgly and Double0Ram were having all the fun lol

First off, I finally got my damn rear StopTech rotors installed. I've had the front ones on forever but the rears were never shipped to me, so they finally came in a few days a go and now they're all mounted up.

That's right I let the truck sit on a 2.5 ton jack instead of using jack stands, yell at me later for it lol
Now, onto something no one saw coming unless you're on FB. I Painted my console!! So surprise mod!!

The skinny guy in the Fox shirt, ya that's me. But check out that reflection in the paint!! Primed, painted with 3 coats DWB paint then a coat of gloss, wet sanded then another coat
Other Pieces

Shifter console^^

And now for something totally different, I painted the shifter/cup holder bezel too Notice there's NO texture on it, the power of sand paper is awesome

I kept the chrome ring of death and decided against painting it for the greater good of "It looks purty"
The center pieces put together

The chrome ring just sets everything apart really nicely. I could do it in black but I'm a sucker for the shiny stuff like a redneck to a bass boat with the glitter finish

Also a new addition to the truck in the console waiting on a wiring harness

7" touchscreen from Pioneer. Thought long and hard about a Kenwood set-up but got a hell of a deal on this one. Only problem is, is that because of this damn thing I have to "trim" parts of the inside dash to make it fit.
*Warning Hack Job*

TBH I know it looks like crap, but you'll never see it so I don't care lol That and my selection of small tools is damn near nothing. So I used a dremel with a sander bit and edged by way across the thing. Once I realized exactly what I had to do, and a lot more of the tan plastic on top had to go, I got a tiny drill bit and made "test holes", and lots of them lol I (kind of) followed a line I made with a sharpie and poked holes in the plastic followed by a pair of pliers and twisted all of it out. Round 400 of dremel sanding and the radio fit like a tight virgin glove. Then I ran into another problem. The dash had a NuvaRing to small for the new Double Din Head Unit. So out came the ViseGrips!! And after about 15 minutes of bending and twisting I was left with a bracket that now looks like this.

But nooo my story isn't over just yet. Ya see, none of this is installed completely yet. Because when I ordered my Radio my dumb ass forgot the stupid required aftermarket wiring harness. So after more research on Crutchfield my wiring harness will be here tomorrow afternoon via (it was cheaper) Amazon. So with a little bit of luck, some 4 letter words, and a pit stop to Radio Shack to pick up some connectors I'll have my radio all hooked up and the 2 Tone console back in place

Last edited by InDeepWaterBlue; 07-30-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 AM

So for the past few days my truck has been looking like this while I drive around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchaney579 View Post
Oh god this is so entertaining... Bane I am causing you more mental harm than you do giving me modd ideas!!! Makes me so happy!
There's some more Mod ideas for ya Want some more?? No problem, I'm in the process of converting my reverse lights, into stop lights with Red LED bulbs, so my reverse Cool Blue LED bar (6 function Rampage Bar) is the only reverse signal
Old 07-30-2012, 03:01 AM

nice, CLEAN work man. like you said, its all hidden so nobody cares what it looks like. I'm pondering a double din, but there is no aftermarket install kit my ram so its a lot of what you did to make it happen, plus cutting my outer dash trim, which wouldn't turn out as clean looking as yours.

and I would be livid if my truck ended up someplace I didn't put it.

ill admit tho I have been sitting on my mods recently, I've got a huge one coming up and it's been a lot of tedious work.

great work once again man!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double0ram View Post
nice, CLEAN work man. like you said, its all hidden so nobody cares what it looks like. I'm pondering a double din, but there is no aftermarket install kit my ram so its a lot of what you did to make it happen, plus cutting my outer dash trim, which wouldn't turn out as clean looking as yours.

and I would be livid if my truck ended up someplace I didn't put it.

ill admit tho I have been sitting on my mods recently, I've got a huge one coming up and it's been a lot of tedious work.

great work once again man!
Thanks Jaron, I know I'm not pleased with my truck being up on eBay really. But the internet is out of my hands you know Sent the emails and reported him to eBay so hopefully something will be done about it on their end. I always wonder when you see pictures of trucks on web sites if anyone was asked about it or if they just pulled an image off Google like cheap bastards lol

I know the Second and 3rd Gen's don't have a Double Din kit. I was going to put my stock radio in my old 3rd Gen for my dad but after I sized it up I saw it was going to be a lot of Fab work I really didn't want to be a part of. You're better of getting one of those flip up monitors, I had a cheap one from Dual a while back but then it got stolen from my truck out in San Diego lol

So whats stacking up in the corner of your garage buuuuddy
Old 07-30-2012, 03:47 AM

I looked at flip out Alpine so I might go that route as well.

an that's funny cause it literally IS sitting in the corner of my garage. almost all of it. I still need to order some pieces, a single led bulb for it, some bolts and some heavy gauge wiring. so its a collection right now but this coming paycheck will take care of.the final orders. its pretty sweet, and the best part is I can only add on to it should I desire.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1769
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

WOW!!
That paint job and Stoptech's are purty
Who painted the console for you?
Or did you do it?
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!