DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram - Complete Builds When you are modding everything on your Dodge Ram, this is the place to showcase the build.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 09-09-2012, 12:20 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Damn!
I can't imagine what was going through your mind as this was happening and once you got out to see your truck....
WTF !!!
I drank myself to sleep no BS I was so pissed about it man it drove me nuts, how the F is a side wall/tire edge just gonna blow? I'm guessing the tire was a defect or I hit something in the road I didn't see. It sucked but hopefully by Tuesday I'll be hearing back from the insurance people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
Thats too bad man! I think you have the best looking truck on here. Hopefully insurance doesn't dick you around and you get her looking good as new again!
I'm hoping they don't give me sh!t about replacing the rims on my truck, I'm not trying to squeeze them for new rims, but there's no way in hell I'd feel safe with them all rashed/chewed up like that so i will push the issue. Technically it's an upgrade from Dodge so it's a factory product, they have Chrysler stamps on them. And considering this is all being filed under comprehensive, you bet your ass I'm going over my truck and looking what else needs to be fixed. There's a chip on my tail gate that's been buggin the F out of me. Pretty sure it was there when I bought the truck 15k miles ago (I noticed it around the 3k mark) and it's right on the top rolled corner of the tailgate, I say take care of that too lol
Sponsored links
Old 09-09-2012, 01:12 AM

Vehicle: N/A
Rep:1045
double0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud ofdouble0ram has much to be proud of

man I was expecting worse. but what there is does add up, especially the rims.

definitely milk em if they cooperate. its feasible that your tire blowing out and you hitting the barrier caused that dent in your tailgate. road debris. lol
Old 09-09-2012, 01:18 AM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

I'm thankful it wasn't whatever you were expecting lol It could have been way worse, there's some really F'ed up roads where this could have been it for the shiny blue truck if I blew a tire like that. Got lucky that the Median is about the width of an entire Lane and it was late at night so no other cars to collide with. I call it the best of a bad situation. Considering these rims are 2k a piece from Mother Mopar (you know she's an expensive B!tch lol) I'm pushing everything as much as possible
Old 09-09-2012, 01:59 AM

Vehicle: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 HEMI
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Blue/Silver
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:36
MadSoul87 is on a distinguished road

Holy crap man. Did not wanna see that happen to this beautiful truck. Glad you are safe and your truck is in better than expected condition. Definitely try and get them to cover everything on the truck that is messed up. Also make sure whoever ya go to for the repairs (paint and all that) is a decent shop. Took mine in to get the body work done and all that fun stuff. Instead of takin a little extra time to clean up the entire truck and buff up some spots on the other side (ya know take an extra 5-10 min), they buffed and cleaned the area they worked on and that was it. Anywho, hope everything works out for ya and has ya ready to go for your meet.

My Build Page
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=102923
Old 09-09-2012, 06:26 PM

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

Its not bad but still shitty as hell. the scratches don't look too bad, from the pictures it does not look like the steal is dented, just scratched, they might be able to cream that out and you will be good as new, 4 new tires, and 2 rims, a few parts and a good compound, you should be back on the road, still shitty and sucks. Hope you get her back soon.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asur View Post
Its not bad but still shitty as hell. the scratches don't look too bad, from the pictures it does not look like the steal is dented, just scratched, they might be able to cream that out and you will be good as new, 4 new tires, and 2 rims, a few parts and a good compound, you should be back on the road, still shitty and sucks. Hope you get her back soon.
Hope you get new rims....make sure as Asur stated, 4 new tires
No point in running 2 newer ones
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNugly View Post
Hope you get new rims....make sure as Asur stated, 4 new tires
No point in running 2 newer ones
Well I heard back today, bad news on the Rims, no dealership seems to have them in stock around the area, they called a company in town that's going to try to re-machine/polish them, I have the final say in the matter though if they can take care of it. If I see any curb rash I'll just tell them to wait on new ones. I find it hard to believe Chrysler has them all on back order.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:33 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

^I'd wait man, they won't ever be the same again and it could cause balancing issues down the road. Once you accept them there's no going back...

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Bully's Performance

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: Sport
Color: PX8 Black
Rep:1772
fastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant futurefastNugly @ BP has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by InDeepWaterBlue View Post
Well I heard back today, bad news on the Rims, no dealership seems to have them in stock around the area, they called a company in town that's going to try to re-machine/polish them, I have the final say in the matter though if they can take care of it. If I see any curb rash I'll just tell them to wait on new ones. I find it hard to believe Chrysler has them all on back order.
Damn man!
I know many shops can re-machine it and have it look like new
BUT..... are your wheels straight still and not bent?
Thats also another issue you should be aware of...
They can make it appear like new but will it drive like new without shakes/vibrations.

Question this too
100% Guaranteed to work or we will replace it for free!
Old 09-10-2012, 01:02 PM

The shop that can do the re-conditioning will be over at the collision center in about an hour and will let them know if it's possible or not. Apparently the entire stock of R/T 22's is on back order for 2-3 weeks at least. I suppose that's Alcoa's fault since they're the ones who manufacture them so we'll see. Maybe I can convince Geico to give me a set of Chrome SRT's instead lol