DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram
Trim Level: Long horn/sport
Color: brilliant black pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
readster1 is on a distinguished road

thinking of baking headlights ,too many aftermarkets around here want to be not like everyone else,and tail pipes need to be done any suggestions would be cool,thanks for the compliments
6" Pro comp lift,18" Fuel octain rims,Nitto trail grappler, custom CIA,Flowmaster 40,Catch can,Custom emblems,Debaged,Tinted 3rd.and tail lights,Painted headlights,Color matched grill,Painted engine cover,Color matched interior trim
Sponsored links
Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Thanks for the extra pics....Your truck looks great......

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 03-05-2012, 10:12 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Looking good! I agree, the lights need to get tinted or at least have the black interiors, they stick out like sore thumbs now.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
Looking good! I agree, the lights need to get tinted or at least have the black interiors, they stick out like sore thumbs now.
don't want to tint as it is illegal (as are the tail lights but you can still see the red behind the paint and they are still bright),and I have all ready been pulled over before the nite shades just to get a closer look at my truck i turn a lot of heads and get lots of complements wich is frigin cool
6" Pro comp lift,18" Fuel octain rims,Nitto trail grappler, custom CIA,Flowmaster 40,Catch can,Custom emblems,Debaged,Tinted 3rd.and tail lights,Painted headlights,Color matched grill,Painted engine cover,Color matched interior trim
Old 03-05-2012, 10:53 PM

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Sagebrush Pearl-coat
Rep:10
sffd13 is on a distinguished road

Looks good keep up the good work
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

Lookin' Good! I would hold off on blacking out the exhaust and go with some fat double walled tips (5" fills the stock bumper cut outs very well). The reason I caution you is that the stainless tips help to break it up a little like the stainless hardware (lugs, etc) on the wheels. Also, with the weather up there the stainless will hold up much better than paint.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:50 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Rep:3277
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by readster1 View Post
thinking of baking headlights ,too many aftermarkets around here want to be not like everyone else,and tail pipes need to be done any suggestions would be cool,thanks for the compliments
There are many write ups about baking headlights, I've baked mine open on 3 separate occasions now so I've become pretty adept at it. Just use a low temperature ~250-275F and use short bake periods of 15min. The most important thing to remember is to NOT RUSH. Let the heat separate the sealant and don't pry hard, a gentle pull and the help of a flat blade screwdriver are all you need. There have been several people who have blacked out their headlight and even added aftermarket projector kits to their stock assemblies. This would be a good way to stand out from the crowd.

If you're not sure about the tailpipes, try using the plasti-dip on it. It hold up on most exhausts, and it gives you a way to experiment without having to permanently modify your system.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbowyer View Post
Lookin' Good! I would hold off on blacking out the exhaust and go with some fat double walled tips (5" fills the stock bumper cut outs very well). The reason I caution you is that the stainless tips help to break it up a little like the stainless hardware (lugs, etc) on the wheels. Also, with the weather up there the stainless will hold up much better than paint.
good point did think about that and am looking into the 5" tips,probably do that when I get my exhaust done,thinking of 3" pipes and a good throaty muffler
Old 03-05-2012, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdnoilRAM View Post
There are many write ups about baking headlights, I've baked mine open on 3 separate occasions now so I've become pretty adept at it. Just use a low temperature ~250-275F and use short bake periods of 15min. The most important thing to remember is to NOT RUSH. Let the heat separate the sealant and don't pry hard, a gentle pull and the help of a flat blade screwdriver are all you need. There have been several people who have blacked out their headlight and even added aftermarket projector kits to their stock assemblies. This would be a good way to stand out from the crowd.

If you're not sure about the tailpipes, try using the plasti-dip on it. It hold up on most exhausts, and it gives you a way to experiment without having to permanently modify your system.
when you bake do you let them cool each time and do you use wood or something to set them on so they don't touch the metal in the oven.More info please I so want to try this.going to buy some extra headlights if I can find them cheap enough (no of any??)It's my wifes daily driver and I do not want that lol
Old 03-06-2012, 12:13 AM

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Dark Red
Rep:44
THasse is on a distinguished road

Almost done modding, what is this phrase you speak of? Is this English?