DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 ram 1500
Rep:10
snuffynra is on a distinguished road
Default first dodge

as a former die hard ford fan ,i traded my 04 f 150 in and decided to try a new ram, had it for little over a month now, rides great and is very nice inside,the lights are about as dim as you can handle but other then that its been great, check engine light kept coming on, took it back and they said it shows 02 sensor, then they said it has a recall for new pcm, so they put that in, i figured great all trucks have bugs, now i just went to leave work, check engine light came on and truck will not go into gear wont go in reverse, nothing at all. i was 20 miles from my dealer and dodge wont tow past 20 miles,they said they can tow it to nearest dodge dealer. im beginning to think that change is not always good, im 43 and never had to have a vehicle towed, good thing i could take a company truck home (ford) or dodge would have made me walk? hope this is just a fluke.
Sponsored links
Old 03-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

wow, i thought i would get some response?
Old 03-01-2012, 09:30 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:33
doug713 is on a distinguished road

I think,and wanna say it is just a fluke. I am on my 3rd Ram and have loved all 3 with no real probs with any of them. Though there are good and badin all makes of vehicles. Hope they fix it and take care of you so you don't get a bad taste in mouth for Dodge, as I think they are a great truck....
Old 03-02-2012, 10:19 AM

Vehicle: 2011 1500
Trim Level: 4X4 Big Horn Crew
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Murph0408 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffynra View Post
wow, i thought i would get some response?
typing a wall of text with a bunch of run-on sentences will result in few responses. not trying to be a jerk just being honest
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

So the big question..... What was wrong with your truck? Did your dealer look after you and fix the problem.....

Hope you don't have anymore problems.....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 03-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

got it back last night, the dealer said the filter for the transmission fell out. he said they have had one other case of the same thing. dodge does have knowledge of the problem and has made a different style for those that do come out,It was a nightmare scenario, the tow truck driver hooked the truck up by the rear axle and pulled it on the roll off, when he did he cut some wires on the axle. the dealer called them and told them and they denied it. I called and had a pissing match with them. we had to call dodge roadside and file a damage complaint. the bill came to $183 for the wire harness. I called the tow truck owner again and had to get a little ugly, he then called me back and said he would take care of it, which was the right thing to do. so i got it back. the dealer talked with me a little bit about my bad luck with this truck, I feel a little better about it this morning, just needed to vent. thanks.....also Murph0408, im not trying to sound like a jerk either , my sentence structure is not the best by any means, I have been on many firearm,and hunting and fishing forums for many years and haven't had much trouble , and have found that the type of guys/gals that judge you for your sentence building skills , aren't really the type that i would hit it off with any ways. once again not trying to stir the pot, im just straight forward, thanks to the other guys. hopefully ill enjoy the truck now without any other issues for a while .
Old 03-03-2012, 10:27 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:12
FireWire is on a distinguished road

This sounds a lot like what happened to me.
This is my first Chrysler product. I have had 6 F150s before with no major problems.
I noticed my Check Engine light was on when I went to pick up my new truck. I had to leave it there till the next day.
2 days after I had the truck, I went back to buy some mud flaps for it. Just after I left, the light came on again and the trans was stuck in 4th. I was just around the corner so I limped the truck back and had to leave it again.
That was a year ago. There have been no issues since then.
I too thought I made a big mistake.
I hope you have no more problems with your truck.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

I hope that was the end also, I know you can have troubles with any vehicle, It just seemed it was becoming an everyday thing for a week or so.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:48 PM

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Charger R/T
Trim Level: R/T
Color: marine blue
Rep:22
New2Ram is on a distinguished road

I have had mine for about a year now, 8500 miles and no real problems. I have always had Chevy's, but just couldn't resist the looks of the Ram (and price). Hopefully your problems are behind you and you can go out and burn some gas!
Mopar Nerf Bars, 3.55 gears, 20% tint, 18" Magnaflow muffler, shorty antenna, 10" Memphis sub, Sound stream amp, AFE stage 2 cold air intake, tri-fold soft tonneau cover, smoke head light and tail light covers, blue l.e.d. brow lights, Built 12-6-10 @ noon
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Blue
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:100
LeKy411 will become famous soon enoughLeKy411 will become famous soon enough

I think everyone has bad luck with products at some point. I used to be a diehard Dell fan and never had any serious problems, but then on the last one it was one issue after another.

I have had my 2011 Sport for almost a year with 13,500 miles so far. I drive it 7 days a week. Don't really tow, but I do give it a run for its money. I have done some upgrades in the process. I have had issues with the Transfer case recall, rusting under the fender which required a complete stripping and painting of my fender, and some annoyances with software updates.

Recalls seem to be a normal thing these days, as for the rust, well that was an issue with the sport due to the bumper and fender combo along with a paint run that collected on the corner and chipped. By far that was my biggest headache since I didn't have the truck for almost 2 weeks due to serious humidity in Chicago at the time.

Yet I still love my truck, I've driven in my Friends F150 and enjoy the inside of my truck much more. It is basically a Charger on Steroids. I still think I am getting more for my money with a Dodge than with a Ford. I don't think I could get a Ford with all these gadgets for 35K........