DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits

Notices

Custom Dodge Ram Exterior Modifications - Body Mods - Body Kits All custom mods on the outside of your Dodge Ram. Custom Dodge Ram Body Kits, Custom Paint, Grilles, Camper Tops, Bed Liners, etc.

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:360
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Those look really good....crystal clear. How's the beam pattern at night? I bought a Mothers headlight restoration kit over the weekend but haven't had time to use it yet. If it doesn't work to my satisfaction then I will be in the market for some new ones and these TYC are at the top of my list so far. I'm just a little worried about the beam pattern. The TYC Lightning heads that I put in my F150 had a pretty jacked up pattern at night....so bad I really don't think adjustment would have totally fixed it.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Sponsored links
Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 QC
Trim Level: SLT Lonestar Edition
Color: Flame Red
Rep:257
HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Once matched up with original it was great. Little weird off to the side at first because the originals had gotten so oxidized that it wouldn't let light out in some spots.

"Big Red"
2003 Ram 1500 QC Hemi Lonestar Edition (Mods list in profile)
2006 Charger R/T
Sarcasm - it beats killing people
Old 03-13-2012, 09:53 PM

starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

Thanks. Good to hear. Mine really aren't that terrible yet....it's worst along the top edge. I am debating on whether to try the Mothers kit or just return it and put that $20 towards a set of TYC.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:58 AM

I worked with the Mothers kit a little this evening right before it got dark. It helped but not a lot so I'm thinking about popping for the TYCs. Any more thoughts on yours? How was shipping and did they come in their original packaging? Do you recall if the lights actually say TYC on them anywhere? Thanks!

I just realized you are from NC. Where abouts are you? I'm in Mount Airy up above Winston-Salem.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 03-18-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:25 PM

HemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the roughHemiLonestar is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to HemiLonestar Send a message via MSN to HemiLonestar Send a message via Yahoo to HemiLonestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestbd22 View Post
I worked with the Mothers kit a little this evening right before it got dark. It helped but not a lot so I'm thinking about popping for the TYCs. Any more thoughts on yours? How was shipping and did they come in their original packaging? Do you recall if the lights actually say TYC on them anywhere? Thanks!

I just realized you are from NC. Where abouts are you? I'm in Mount Airy up above Winston-Salem.
I'm stationed in Wilmington. So far so good on the lights. To be honest I didn't look on the lights themselves to see if it said TYC, but it is all over the box. I paid $110 shipped for the set, which was cheaper than OEM and LMC. I had tried the Mother's kit but it just didn't compare.

"Big Red"
2006 Charger R/T
Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 PM

Ahhh, Wilmington, gotcha...unlikely that we will run into each other then, lol. I worked with the Mothers kit for nearly an hour more on the most heavily oxidized light today and am even less impressed. So I ordered a set of TYCs from Jeremy! Thanks for the info and I'll update when I get them installed.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:57 PM

Just make sure you get 1 of each side, he initially sent me 2 passenger lights! Kick ass customer service though, he paid for me to send one back so he could send me the correct one. You should like them. Just make sure you measure how your originals are aligned and match the new ones up with it. The new ones come with a new headlight bulb, but you'll need your blinker bulb.

"Big Red"
2006 Charger R/T
Old 03-19-2012, 02:07 PM
"Just living the dream"

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram Longhorn
Trim Level: Longhorn Rambox
Color: Prairie Pearl / White Gold Trim
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1634
Chunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant futureChunkem has a brilliant future

Those look really nice....

Enjoy RamForumZ? Support your forum and become a SITE SUPPORTER today!

Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ RULES

"MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN AND ENJOY THE SITE"
Old 03-19-2012, 07:02 PM

When you say measure the originals so that I can align the new ones....do you mean measuring where they strike a wall so that I will have a reference point to aim for or is there some sort of adjustment screw that can be measured and set to the same length before install?

I paid yesterday and the lights shipped out by Fedex today. Jeremy has been very prompt and had great communication. I can't wait to get them in!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 PM

There's 2 adjustment screws for light alignment, just measure your old ones and then adjust the new ones to match. One more thing before I forget, there is one thing off on these. The driver's side is supposed to have a flat spot on the bottom front bolt (go look at yours where the bottom bolt goes through the plastic up front) for the ambient temp sensor. The TYC doesn't have this spot flattened (when you compare them you'll see). If you can't tell what I'm talking about I'll get a picture tomorrow. A minute with a dremel fixed it and it went in beautifully.

"Big Red"
2006 Charger R/T