DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - General Discussion > 2011 Dodge Ram Forum

Notices

2011 Dodge Ram Forum For specific discussion of the 2011 Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough
Default Turbo Kits Coming Soon!

Spoke to a customer today who does custom turbo's and turbo rebuilds. One of his suppliers (don't remember the company) has completed a single and twin kit for the 2012 5.7l chargers and challengers complete with TUNING! This will not be a PCM/ECM swap but will be a "bolt on" kit with a tuner to adjust the timing, fuel/air, and all of the other goodies. 5.7L Twin kit put down approximately 600hp through the wheels on the cars so the truck should be even more impressive! I'm just crossing my fingers that there won't be too much difficulty going from the cars to the truck on the tuning side.

Time line for production kits is late spring/early summer.
Sponsored links
Old 03-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Big Horn Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Western Brown Pearl
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:160
Otterdriver has a spectacular aura aboutOtterdriver has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbowyer View Post
Spoke to a customer today who does custom turbo's and turbo rebuilds. One of his suppliers (don't remember the company) has completed a single and twin kit for the 2012 5.7l chargers and challengers complete with TUNING! This will not be a PCM/ECM swap but will be a "bolt on" kit with a tuner to adjust the timing, fuel/air, and all of the other goodies. 5.7L Twin kit put down approximately 600hp through the wheels on the cars so the truck should be even more impressive! I'm just crossing my fingers that there won't be too much difficulty going from the cars to the truck on the tuning side.

Time line for production kits is late spring/early summer.
YIKES!!!!!! Look out Eco-turd!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:25 AM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

I'm a bit skeptical but hope you are correct. Too much here say about "someone" being able to tune these and it always ends up as BS. 600 hp seems way high too. 400-500 hp seems more reasonable.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-???? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:115
HoosierHemi will become famous soon enoughHoosierHemi will become famous soon enough

when its in my hands, i'll believe this

2011 Black 1500 Sport QuadCab 4x4

Old 03-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Vehicle: 2012 2500 Mega 4x4 Laramie
Trim Level: Laramie
Rep:73
Bikenut will become famous soon enough

But I have the lifetime warranty and do not want to loose it

Retro-Soutions 55W HIDs - Firestone 5K Airbags -
18" Magnaflow - integrated electric tailgate lock and EZ-Down kit - Cabin air filter retrofit - $79 Catch Can - KORE leveling kit and Bilsteins front and rear
Old 03-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:1385
snrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud ofsnrusnak has much to be proud of

From what I understand the lifetime warranty is a gimmick. It's not really a full warranty. Doesn't cover things that will actually break like timing chain, etc...(Sort of like saying "lifetime warranty.....on the valve covers"). Also must be dealer serviced or serviced at an approved shop to keep the warranty.

Breathing in and out is good enough for me.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:29 PM

Vehicle: 2012 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Big Horn 4x4
Color: Bright White Clearcoat
Rep:310
SS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the roughSS4Luck is a jewel in the rough

Maybe its like a motec or magnetti marelli piggy back system for tuning. Thats how they tun the Lambo's at UR when the TT em. LMR in Texas does it this way too... its expensive as all hell though... Id pay it for twins though

2011 Big Horn 4x4 -SnowWhite-
1 7/8ths catless ARH ceramic coated longtubes - Sport mirrors-55W 5000K HID low and fogs-LED EVERYTHING
Old 03-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Dont think the pcm for the chargers or challengers are the same as our rams could be wrong but ya if its the same then hes full of shit about tuning it sorry but no one has cracked the codes yet .
Old 03-09-2012, 09:24 PM

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: ST
Color: Inferno Red
Rep:71
wbowyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrusnak View Post
I'm a bit skeptical but hope you are correct. Too much here say about "someone" being able to tune these and it always ends up as BS. 600 hp seems way high too. 400-500 hp seems more reasonable.
After thinking about this a bit more this would represent a 100% increase in power, he may have been pulling numbers from a twin'd up diesel (which would easily put down 600 with the proper tuning and injectors). This guy is a turbo rebuilder who normally works on diesels, specifically Cummins from the 4bt on up (including the ram and big rigs). I'll get up with him next week to see if he was really referring to a hemi on turbo's and tuning alone and that it wasn't bored over or running some juice. They are also installing a new dyno next week as a result of the increase in performance tuning he is seeing versus just rebuild work...either way he said he would get me a kit for cost plus labor once they are production ready which would be SAWEEET!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 11:31 AM

Vehicle: 2011 dodge ram rt
Trim Level: rt
Color: brilliant black pearl
Rep:1061
dodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud ofdodgert has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbowyer View Post
After thinking about this a bit more this would represent a 100% increase in power, he may have been pulling numbers from a twin'd up diesel (which would easily put down 600 with the proper tuning and injectors). This guy is a turbo rebuilder who normally works on diesels, specifically Cummins from the 4bt on up (including the ram and big rigs). I'll get up with him next week to see if he was really referring to a hemi on turbo's and tuning alone and that it wasn't bored over or running some juice. They are also installing a new dyno next week as a result of the increase in performance tuning he is seeing versus just rebuild work...either way he said he would get me a kit for cost plus labor once they are production ready which would be SAWEEET!!!
Why get it if you cant tune it kinda seems pointless to me