DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Mod Zone - Custom Dodge Ram Mods - Dodge Ram Performance > Drag Racing Discussion

Notices

Drag Racing Discussion Post your questions and info about how to best get these beasts down the 1320!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: longhorn
Color: black and gold
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
olecuz is on a distinguished road
Default anybody run a eco boost yet?

My friend talks a lot if trash about his ecoboost. I don't want to lose, can i get him? He would not race my 08 cummins i just sold.
Sponsored links
Old 03-10-2012, 03:39 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram Big Horn
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Deep Water Blue
Rep:611
InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

The eco-boost is a pretty good motor, thanks to the turbo it has a huge torque curve even though it has less HP and a tighter Gear Ratio then our 4th Gens as well. On the 1/4 I'm sad to say he will win.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ram Crew 2WD
Trim Level: Lone Star
Color: Black
Rep:249
CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecuz View Post
My friend talks a lot if trash about his ecoboost. I don't want to lose, can i get him? He would not race my 08 cummins i just sold.
what gear ratio and cab configuration do you have? are both trucks stock? if you don't have the 3.92s I don't think I'd even try.

Stage 2 is underway
Old 03-10-2012, 07:44 PM

InDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to allInDeepWaterBlue is a name known to all

I'd go so far as to say unless you have the 4.10's from the R/T don't try it. His description says he has the Longhorn, so I'm guessing Crew Cab.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

CHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura aboutCHVYKLR has a spectacular aura about

yeah, didn't know the longhorn was only offered in c/c. but I asked about mods b/c the 4th gens are pretty quick with some basic mods. if you catch your Ford buddy sleeping at the light and doesn't get the turbos loaded even for a split second he'll lose. I think the stock EBs run in the high 14s.

some good times in here of lightly modded 4th gens
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=65741

Stage 2 is underway
Old 03-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 dodge ram
Trim Level: longhorn
Color: black and gold
Rep:10
olecuz is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys, mines a pig in first gear. So, I didnt feel good about it. Any timers out for these trucks yet? Or, any other performane parts out that are worth buying?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:36 PM

So far no tuners have been released for the 2011+ models. Depending on what you want to do you can get a jump on some performance parts like the exhaust system and the typical intake. If your going for more performance (like a supercharger) in the long run I'd say go with the American Racing Long Tube Headers as they're a bit spendy so you might as well go ahead and get that out of the way now. If not, you can go with a pair of Shorty Headers from JBA. They bolt up to your catalytic converter and do a nice job of adding some more low end power to these trucks. Personally I wouldn't do a whole lot to the exhaust as the trucks do come with a decent set of pipes underneath, just switch out the muffler and have a new Y-pipe put in as the pinched stocker kind of sucks and delete the resonators if that's your thing as well.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Like suggested above...keep the exhaust simple with a cut and replace of your muffler. No need to do a whole lot there unless you wringing it all out. I'll be listing my aFe stage 2 CAI for sale next month if you are interested. I ordered my supercharger last week and won't have any use for it after the install.

Stage 2 is underway
Old 03-10-2012, 09:46 PM

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecuz View Post
Thanks guys, mines a pig in first gear. So, I didnt feel good about it. Any timers out for these trucks yet? Or, any other performane parts out that are worth buying?
I would start with a 4.10 lsd and a good cai filter for your heavy truck. The eb's are running high 14's to low 15's so you need to be somewhere near those numbers to compete with ur freind. Your stock exhaust is good as gold, louder isn't nessisarily faster. It will even sound like shit in most cases when mds kicks in so I'd save that for last. Gear and breather is good for starters and good for munching on eb's. I have a much lighter rcsb/3.92 so I have no problem with them. It's been a while since disposing of two...now they see me, hear me, and look away pretending I'm not there...oh well? EDIT: I forgot to mention that these mods I mention will not affect ur 2012 warranty. At some point down the road u can install a good converter fo a killer launch and holeshot but it will or possibly affect ur warranty.

Last edited by RadioFlyer; 03-10-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

if you are interested I'll be listing my aFe stage 2 CAI for sale next month...it's right at a year old. just ordered a supercharger and it uses a different CAI.

Stage 2 is underway