DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
United Radio
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Color: Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:59
dodgeram02 will become famous soon enough

is there anyway to change that rf output everybody is having problems with, without buying the uploader. i got mine in today and i went thru the install instructions got all the lights blinking and staying on like they were supposed to. go to start it horn beeps headlights flash d ball doesnt do a dang thing.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge RAM Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport w/ Sunroof
Color: Pearl Black
Rep:13
SwampDonkey2012 is on a distinguished road

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XPRESSKIT-DB...71077894621%26

Try that link. Copied it right from the browser while on the sellers page.

dodgerram02 -

I don't believe there is. You have to re flash the unit in order to change that setting, because if reset, it always resets to the default, which is not the correct output for our trucks.

I would contact the seller and tell them they need to either reimburse you for the cost of the Xkloader and go ahead and order one, or send you a new unit and pay for the shipping on the return. Did you specify when you told him your year and make to have the output set correctly?

Also, there has been mention of local shops being able to flash the DBALL for a small fee. Might be worth looking into. I know a few local car audio shops here in TX are very familiar with these kits. They install them for hundreds of dollars, and pay probably $10 less than what we get them for. Silly what people will pay for without doing any research of their own. As well as how much shops take advantage of people's ignorance. Hope you get it working. Once you have it in, you will be glad you spent the time and energy to get it working. It was nice starting my truck in the garage from my bedroom this morning while getting ready for work. It was the perfect temperature when I got in it.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 RAM 1500
Trim Level: Tradesman
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:10
RYabut is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the original write up, I bought the DBALL with the wiring harness from ebay, the seller flashed it before shipping. I installed just 5 minutes ago and everything worked right away. Can't believe that cost less than $90 and took 5 minutes at most to install.

I've been trolling for a bit but I figured I give thanks when its due.

Cheers.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:50 PM

Yes I had told them what to flash it to. And yes I called the local place and they r doing it for me. I told the eBay seller he should reimburse me for it. Since its there mistake. If not I'll find another dealer when I order like 10 more.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge RAM Sport Crew
Trim Level: Sport w/ Sunroof
Color: Pearl Black
Rep:13
SwampDonkey2012 is on a distinguished road

I agree. I've got quite a few buddies who want this mod for their trucks now also. So these sellers need to get on the ball and realize every DBALL they send out programmed incorrectly, is a potential loss of several future customers. People talk when they do something like this and find such great, somewhat hidden information. Dodge probably really dislikes these kits due to their loss in revenue. Could you imagine if all the people who added remote start from the factory knew they could do it themselves this easily? Would not be a good day for the factories bottom dollar.

Glad you are getting it fixed by a local shop though. Are they installing it also or are you just having them flash it? Just curious how much did they charge you to do the flash?

Hope you get it in soon. It is a great feeling knowing your research paid off and saved you hundred of dollars for such a convenient feature. Not to mention how simple it was compared to the alternative.

Last edited by SwampDonkey2012; 11-20-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:26 PM

I'll do the install and Idk yet. Prolly not much they r the audio dealers I deal with and when it comes to sound my wife's jeep and my truck go there and spend big money. So they always pretty good to us. He told me I could buy the piece thru him and he would flash it. But its cheaper online. Should have bought the loader when I bought the dball. Was going to after all the bad reviews everybody has had about wrong programming. Was trying to be cheap and it bit me lol
Old 11-22-2012, 02:39 AM

omg kdramman you are amazing. if anybodyrecieves there dball programmed wrong. and it wont start. plug ur dball in turn ur key on then take it out and push the program button. if it blinks green red. the hook up the black 10 pin wire and touch the green wire to a ground. it will change the red flash. when it flashes green red red. your good let it time out. and thenit will still. no need to send it back to the person u bought it from. to change the d2d setting. this is not my info its all from kdramman. i was just trying to clear it up a bit cuz i was confused but to upset to try and send it back. and my local shop guy misunderstood and programmed it for an aftermarket kit. and i dont wanna wait til monday. hope this helps somebody.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:12 AM

Vehicle: 2013 Dodge Ram SLT LONESTAR
Trim Level: 1500 SLT LONESTAR QC
Color: White
Rep:99
aepowell will become famous soon enough

Is anyone else having any issues with this setup? Mine has a very short starting range. Sometime I can't get it to start at as close as 50 feet. Sometimes it sounds like the sound you get with a week battery before it finally starts. What kind of starting range are you guys getting? I've tried clicking the remote fast and slow. Its just a crap shoot on weather it will start or not. Sometimes I can start it when I'm inside the house in my bedroom other times I can be looking right at it and it wont work.

Aepowell Sherman,TX.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram
Color: Cherry Red
climbto410 is on a distinguished road

I ordered a combo kit off of ebay which included the dball and t-harness. Unfortunately when I tried to install the setup, the truck wouldn't start. The truck turned on, it said the key was in the ignition, but it would just turn off after a couple of seconds. After hearing about defective harnesses being used, I ordered another harness and now the truck starts up everytime. I'm guessing that for those of you who are having a difficult time getting this setup to work, should try using another T-harness.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Graphite or something?
redsuspenders is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by climbto410 View Post
I ordered a combo kit off of ebay which included the dball and t-harness. Unfortunately when I tried to install the setup, the truck wouldn't start. The truck turned on, it said the key was in the ignition, but it would just turn off after a couple of seconds. After hearing about defective harnesses being used, I ordered another harness and now the truck starts up everytime. I'm guessing that for those of you who are having a difficult time getting this setup to work, should try using another T-harness.

Do you have the eBay item #, seller name? I am trying to find the complete kit to keep this install as simple as possible.