DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum

Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum > Dodge Ram Forum - Help Zone - Dodge Ram Problems, Complaints, & Solutions - Maintenance & Re > Dodge Ram Knowledge Base

Notices

Dodge Ram Knowledge Base Here you can find owner submitted how-to's for performing various mods to your Dodge Ram!

Latest Vendor News
AutoAnything
Addictive Desert Designs!
Bayou Goat Mounts

Old 12-07-2013, 07:56 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 ST
Trim Level: ST
Color: Deep Cherry Red
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:65
Mojack will become famous soon enough

I wish you could have benefited from this , it's my number one favorite mod that I've done to my truck. Even in warmer weather, I start my truck as I walk to it to let the oil circulate and the rpm's settle below 1000 before I put it in gear-no waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdramman View Post
No problem. Glad to help.

My Remote Start is still working great for anyone that is wondering. Only had 1 problem about 6 months ago where the truck started and then shut right back off. It hasn't messed up since.

The only regret I have is not signing up to become a distributor of these back when I wrote this How-to. Didn't know it would become such a big hit.

Hope everyone enjoys their Remotely Started Rams and has a Merry Christmas.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge 25000
Trim Level: STL
Color: White
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:10
kretsebr is on a distinguished road

I have a few questions I hope someone can answer before I pull the trigger in buying the DBALL and T-Harness to install on a 2012 Ram 2500 ST Diesel.

1. What setting did you have them pre-program the Diesel Delay for the grid heater before it starts. I know it depends on the degree of outdoor temperature that the truck is setting out in.

I live in upstate New York and the winters here can have temperatures for a week or two as lower as single or teen digits. This would determine the amount of time needed...

I was wonder if 20 seconds is enough, are should I push it to the full 30 seconds.

2. Looking at the install guide and going over on-line videos, no one shows wiring the parking lights or the RAP OFF...

I understand wiring of the parking lights the Pur/Grn and Pur/Brn to the light switch white wire.

But, I do not understand what the need of the RAP OFF (Yel/Blk going to Pur Door Pin wire) does or if its needed. Can you help me understand what this is for.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 07:55 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 ram 4x4 Express
Trim Level: express
Color: Blue
turbosporsche is on a distinguished road

looking for a temp key2go username and password to program my remote start
Old 12-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: tradsman
Color: white
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:13
too old for this is on a distinguished road
Default remote starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosporsche View Post
looking for a temp key2go username and password to program my remote start
What is the latest on this?
Old 12-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500 CC
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Grey
jayybo24 is on a distinguished road

Merry Christmas everyone! Got my kit for x-mas and I am having trouble getting the web site to see the hardware. Xpress techs have nothing for me, anyone have any trouble using the XKLOADER2? I cant flash the DB ALL module, thinking of just sending the loader back and having a local shop flash it.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:14 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Ram 1500
Color: Gray
nst115 is on a distinguished road

Bought Mine from http://www.ebay.com/itm/Directed-plu...E:L:OU:US:1120 It came flashed correctly I guess because I just hooked it up and it starts. Haven't driven the truck yet but looks like its working great.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:23 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Great post..............

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:57 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
cplunk is on a distinguished road

Hi all. I just got my db-all and harness in and tried hooking it up. When clicking lock 3x on remote, it would just flash red. I read about checking the programming mode and that it should start off by flashing green, red, red. However, mine just flashed green, red.

I then read that you could change that by plugging in the black connector and touching the green wire to ground. I did this and now when I press 3x lock, the green led flashes and the heater/radio etc turn on, but the truck doesn't turn over. It's like just turning the key to the ACC position.

Is this a programming issue? I tried to read through the thread and found one guy who had a similar issue but couldn't find if he resolved it or not. It came preflashed, but I just went ahead and ordered the programmer.

Thanks.

Last edited by cplunk; 01-03-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:06 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

cplunk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cplunk View Post
Hi all. I just got my db-all and harness in and tried hooking it up. When clicking lock 3x on remote, it would just flash red. I read about checking the programming mode and that it should start off by flashing green, red, red. However, mine just flashed green, red.

I then read that you could change that by plugging in the black connector and touching the green wire to ground. I did this and now when I press 3x lock, the green led flashes and the heater/radio etc turn on, but the truck doesn't turn over. It's like just turning the key to the ACC position.

Is this a programming issue? I tried to read through the thread and found one guy who had a similar issue but couldn't find if he resolved it or not. It came preflashed, but I just went ahead and ordered the programmer.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphinx View Post
Okay, I just got done installing this kit in my 2012. I had a horrible time, but I finally figured it out. Below are some issues that I ran into but figured out.

1. When you install the software using the XKLoader2, plug the red plug into XKLoader2 and the white plug into the DB-ALL.

2. I am not sure if this is necessary, but it worked for me. I used the Chrysler v5.01 on the xpresskit website. I tried it with the v5.06 but it didn't work (I also think the above problem contributed to this, but it is working now and I am not going to mess with it.)

Once I got this figured out, all went well. It was super easy to install and the DB-ALL has two slots for zipties to fit through. I just secured it to the dash frame and buttoned everything up! Three locks on the key fob and it starts like a champ!
Hope this can help some of you out there, and if you are in the STL area and need to borrow the XKLoader2, just hit me up and we can meet up!
Well, XKLoader2 came in today and I'm still not having any luck with it. I tried flashing 5.01, 5.06, and 5.06.01 for both a 2012 - Dodge/Ram - 1500, and a 2012 - Dodge/Ram - RAM (I have a 2012 Ram 1500 Express). Same thing no matter what, everything goes smooth up until I actually try to remote start. Pressing 3x lock turns on the ACC power but that's it. Green LED flashes on the DB-ALL while it's doing this and I can hear it make a little click sound, power cuts on (radio, A/C, etc), but the truck never tries to start.

Any more suggestions and it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edit: I also tried hard resetting it and then reflashing, had to reprogram key fob to it, but still same thing afterwards.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Color: Silver
izzy is on a distinguished road

what distance does the Factory Key Fob give u to start your truck up?